Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on everything we are reading, none of this is a good sign. If it's taking them 7+ years to make a good album (but sub-par by U2's standards based upon the last few albums), i am leaning towards this being the final album/tour. It appears to be too taxing on them.:sad:

I certainly hope i am wrong and i hate to rain on everyone's parade....just my 2 cents.

Folks, remember that two big Veteran bands, AC/DC and Metallica have yet to follow up their 2008 album releases with a new album. So in that sense, the gap since the March 2009 release of No Line On The Horizon is not that bad.

Based on everything we are reading, none of this is a good sign. If it's taking them 7+ years to make a good album (but sub-par by U2's standards based upon the last few albums), i am leaning towards this being the final album/tour. It appears to be too taxing on them.:sad:

I certainly hope i am wrong and i hate to rain on everyone's parade....just my 2 cents.

If it makes you feel any better, you're more optimistic than I am. My honest prediction is that NLOTH was U2's final album.

Folks, remember that two big Veteran bands, AC/DC and Metallica have yet to follow up their 2008 album releases with a new album. So in that sense, the gap since the March 2009 release of No Line On The Horizon is not that bad.

Usually, when a band had a successful carreer and recorded 10 + studio albums, They pretty much retire comfortably and shift their interest to something else...Unless you're Neil Young :wink:

In U2's case, they're are their 13th album. That's a lot of music for any band. In Bono's words to the fans over the years "Thanks for giving us a great life." They've had a great life indeed and given us amazing songs in their 35 years of activity.

My guess is that they will put out 2 more albums with a farewell tour a farewell tour a few years afterwards...

I haven't been following either AC/DC or Metallica of late, but I don't think they've been working with a world-renowned producer like Danger Mouse over several years, and have had nothing to show for it but two songs. I think a lot of the frustration regarding U2 is that they've been teasing a new album since 2010, and we still have no real inkling when it will see the light of day (if ever).

Actually Metallica did have a release in 2011, that god awful release with Lou Reed... but a release none the less.

Absolutely not. I don't gamble.

Oh I see.. Well in that case I predict Bono is a ringleader within the illuminati. But that's not all. U2 isn't real. Remember the beLIEve message from zoo tv? That was your first clue. U2 is an illusion created by the new world order as a means of pacifying the masses and distracting them from the critical issues of today. "U2" as we know it will "retire" once the order is ready to reveal itself to the world, with Bono to play some as of yet unclear role in the takeover. Everything you know is wrong. :)

So wait a minute...there's an article on the home page saying album delayed until 2015.....

When did this happen? How do we know this? Did someone make an announcement? No album in fall of 2014?

Really???

I haven't been following either AC/DC or Metallica of late, but I don't think they've been working with a world-renowned producer like Danger Mouse over several years, and have had nothing to show for it but two songs. I think a lot of the frustration regarding U2 is that they've been teasing a new album since 2010, and we still have no real inkling when it will see the light of day (if ever).

They planned a quick follow up to NLOTH first for late 2009! Then, every year, they promised us an album to be released that year.... They started to be insecure when NLOTH kind of flopped.... (of course it didn't!)
It looks like we are experiencing the same after the singles Invisible and Ordinary love (both played a lot on the radio here in the Netherlands).
I don't know what they're up to, but time is their enemy at the moment. They'd better release a very special (double album) with lots of surprises, or a quick release after the first album. And release those 2010 livetracks in studioform for .... sake!!!! Or release them digitally. Why keeping these songs behind?????????????

So wait a minute...there's an article on the home page saying album delayed until 2015.....

When did this happen? How do we know this? Did someone make an announcement? No album in fall of 2014?

Really???

... with a terrible picture of Bono along with it.

Didn't you see the date on top of that article? That shit is old. :wink:

Currently I think the assumption is Fall 2014. Who the heck knows?! U2 is finished.

Really???

Billboard reported that it was delayed until 2015. IIRC they had it confirmed by several legitimate sources within Interscope. The story was denied by a U2 "spokesperson" who said the album was still planned for this year. As far as I know, Billboard haven't published a retraction to their story though....

Billboard only really had info that the tour was postponed, then seemed to assume the album was delayed along with it. When the band calls around to delay much of the tour prep, it will make noise behind the scenes, noise that Billboard picked up on. The album.. There was never a release date to delay, so I'm assuming no one really know anything about that date, including Billboard. And probably U2. :) Now, would the tour be delayed if the album was coming out earlier in 2014? Probably not. But because albums generally come out before the tours, it's not inconceivable that the album comes out this year, the tour next year. A tour just takes a lot more advance notice than an album.

Ac/dc

Brian Johnson told a reporter that AC/DC is scheduled to enter the studio in May so they still have a chance to beat U2 to a new release date!

I just think the whole thing is a wind up! I mean, billboard put 2&2 together & make 25 & then this 'mysterious' spokesperson ie not their Manager, whom we've never heard of ever until now makes a statement in response.

The whole thing stinks!

Brian Johnson told a reporter that AC/DC is scheduled to enter the studio in May so they still have a chance to beat U2 to a new release date!

Why do they even need to release a new album? They've made enough duplicates of their 'classic' songs as it is.

Why do they even need to release a new album? They've made enough duplicates of their 'classic' songs as it is.

Why do U2 need to release a new album?

ACDC need to release a new album in order to have a reason to launch another mega tour (and yes, they are still a HUGE live act, their 2008-2010 tour is the 4th highest grossing tour ever behind U2, Stones and Roger Waters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_concert_tours).

Neither band need to release anything to sell tickets. Some might say at this point in their careers, recording an album is a waste of time and money, both of which are things U2 have used a lot of. I'm happy U2 are continuing to record albums. But from a business standpoint, an album for them is merely a commercial for the REAL product they're selling, which is concert tickets. How much money did U2 make of NLOTH? I doubt very much. But they certainly made plenty from the 360 tour.

BonoPizza.jpg

:lol:

oh man, that was a crazy, great day/eve!

Five hours since the last post. I hope u2 know what they are doing to us. Bastards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Fuzzy math... :scratch:

We could really use more updates. If the band isn't going to throw us any bones, we need more people staking out the studio prodding Dallas..or Larry..for info. So they're only touching up a couple tracks yet? Great! So they're working on the running order? Great! So Bono is just reworking lyrics and they're polishing up the singles? Great! So they're rewriting the entire album because they were unsatisfied with the DM material? Great, at least we'd know then!

We could really use more updates. If the band isn't going to throw us any bones, we need more people staking out the studio prodding Dallas..or Larry..for info. So they're only touching up a couple tracks yet? Great! So they're working on the running order? Great! So Bono is just reworking lyrics and they're polishing up the singles? Great! So they're rewriting the entire album because they were unsatisfied with the DM material? Great, at least we'd know then!

They are hard at work that's for sure. They've been terrifyingly quiet for weeks and almost out of sight (aside from the Pizzeria place and in front of Church Studios with Dallas).

Looks like they've locked themselves up and said "No one gets out of here until we're done". It's all good ! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom