A query about article in latest Propaganda....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

OK I got the latest Propaganda issue which was impressive as usual.....especially the reviews of some live shows by the fans themselves! that was cool!

However, I was reading an article about U2's live show at the Astoria Theatre titled "Back to Basics" and I have a query about one thing.... cos if you have a look at an excerpt from the article:

And if its extraordinary to think that the rich and famous took time to enter a competition to win tickets to see their favourite band - its even more amazing to see how many of them actually won! There was Texas's Sharleen Spiteri, alongside with Shaznay Lewis from All Saints, not forgetting Sir Bob Geldof, parts of The Divine Comedy and all of Kylie Minogue.

so the question is......IS IT ALL TRUE that these famous people actually entered the competition or is this some kind of joke? I have a suspicion that these "famous" people actually didnt....but anyone here who can prove otherwise?

By the way, I had entered the very competition but didnt win. Still I thought the gig must have been amazing to those who were there!

dougal

Hi HelloAngel!

The shows reviewed by fans are:

Houston April 2 by Jason Tinder

Vancouver April 13 by Tom Choi

Manchester August 12 by Sunny Kang (who was picked by Bono to dance with him that night!!)

Glasgow August 27 by William Mavers

Las Vegas November 18 by Julie Kryk (on guitar during People Get Ready at the concert!!!)

I am not sure about the other concert reviews for both Slane and New York as the names Michael Ross and Andrew Mueller looks familiar to me as music journalists but I cant pin down which magazine they work for and also the articles themselves are very well written too!

Thats it....

dougal

oh two more things...

No, Propaganda didnt print any photos of fans....only the photos from the gigs.....

and I just remembered that Julie Kryk has posted here before about her experience on stage.....now she has an article published in Propaganda! Way to go Julie! :D

dougal

Sicy said:
Bah!!!!!!!!! When does the US get their copy???

I wrote them like 2 weeks ago, and they said then that it would be 4-6 weeks until it hits the USA. *sigh*

Also, it should be noted that the last published issue was #31 and the new one is known as #33.

Where did #32 go????:|

Back
Top Bottom