a month without U2 ends tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
i've had some desparate times along the way, but I've made it!I have to do this so I can listen to some other music - its either a feast or a famine with me - is anyone else like that?
so what should I listen to or watch - at the moment it is between R&H video or listening to the Joshua Tree on discman, to get the full effect.
What would you listen to?
another idea is to play Zoostation as loud as I can - what a blast that would be!

Pamela

Listen to Mysterious Ways, Desire, TGBHF, Mofo, Discotheque :yes:

Oh oh watch R&H definately!!!!! :love: :D :yes: :D :love:

No, I am a mixture person myself pamela. A very diverse range of music gets played on my stereo each day...so i've never had to go into "U2 rehab"
gee I forgot what you had been going thru. i would have sent you flowers and pictures of Nuno to keep your mind occupied:DWhat did you hear in your "U2 free month" that really impressed you.?
As for your return to "normal" I would do both, watch the video with headphones.
I made a good discovery last nigth. The amount of watching crappy TV shows here has increaed lately, driving me bats. (Our Tv and stereo are in the same room, no options on that.)
HEADPHONES!!!! drag the arm chair over to the stereo, crank it up....BLISS!!!

anyway you refreshed person you( bit like a cleansing fast
:larry: :bono: :adam: :edge: :heart: ENJOY!!!!
I am so looking forward to seeing the elevation DVD. The moment draws closer....I can feel it:)

Thanks Cass, what a mate you are!
Well, I listened to the Beetles, Dire Straits, REM, Handal, Mozart, tried to catch new Coldplay on the Jays, love them - saw them last year at the Enmore Theatre, new Oasis(not bad) and bought new Bowie which I just love. Also sang a lot of Boridin (Polivotsan Dances) - spelling attrocious, sorry!) for a concert - sing in a choir

But I am now going to play WAIA Bad, and, as my son says, "leave the planet"
will be in touch when I come back to earth

Pamela

I never did such thing Pamela, so I don?t really know what it feels like to stay away from U2 music for so long. A day or two, maybe...but a whole month! Wow

I think that maybe you could start with the ones you?ve been negleted the most...you know, the ugly ducks of your collection...if there are some indeed that fills in that cathegory, LOL. I bet you will love them this time around.

Peace. :)

I've been finding a lot of other music lately, and coupled with my reaction to ATYCLB, it's been quite a while since I've listened to more U2 than you get on the radio in a day. Months, maybe! And I can't say that I've missed it. My obsession phase is over, I think. Probably for the best :)
I've been listening to REM, Chili Peppers, Afro-Celt sound system, Paul Kelly, Tool, Cranberries, some blues/jazz courtesy of my bass teacher, some mix tapes of Trile J (which actually contained a bit of the Elevation tour thing)....
I love the new Chili Peppers album... I got tickets for the Sydney show in November :) I've just put it in the 3-CD changer with Out of Time and Zooropa... just because at this point I feel very Zooropa cos my life has gotten very odd lately.
Reality? Huh?
For re-introduction into U2, I'd probably go for R&H and the ZooTV tape.... for starters! :D

Alisaura said:
I've been finding a lot of other music lately, and coupled with my reaction to ATYCLB, it's been quite a while since I've listened to more U2 than you get on the radio in a day. Months, maybe! And I can't say that I've missed it. My obsession phase is over, I think. Probably for the best :)

Hey Alisaura, I?m glad to see you posting again. I mean, I haven?t seen you around lately. Interesting comment of yours... :)

I must confess I have listened to old stuff lately, old LPs I have... James Taylor, Bob Dylan, Talking Heads, REM...It has been nice to revisit my old neglected vinyl colletcion, so many memories linked to those records...As for U2, nowadays I?d rather listen to old stuff as well, boots from Boy and October tours and a special one from JT tour I was given. AB has had heavy rotation as well, and also UF. I think I can say I haven?t been in a mood for ATYCLB songs. Can?t wait to listen to the material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom