Your Favourite R.E.M song ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Country Feedback
Nightswimming
Sweetness Follows
Perfect Circle
Begin The Begin
Sad Professer
Boy In The Well
Worst Joke Ever
Wendell Gee
and about a hundred others!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

"Nightswimming"
"I've Been High"
"At My Most Beautiful"
"You Are the Everything"
"I Believe"
"Everybody Hurts"
"Country Feedback"
"Flowers of Guatemala"
"Find the River"
"Strange Currencies"

(in no particular order)

Here's more of my favorites for the sake of listingt them...

Cuyahoga
finest Worksong
Bittersweet Me
Ebow The Letter...:drool: :drool: :drool:
Electrolite
Daysleeper
The Lifting
Pilgimage
Driver 8
Maps and Legends
Radio Free Europe
Tongue
Strange Currencies
WTFK
Around the Sun
The Ascent of Man

Geez...I guess all of them really.:huh:

well i am not a big fan of REM but i do like, I do believe it is called Can't Get There From Here I also believe it is I Am Superman

Sleep Over Jack said:
Its a shame what REM has turned into IMO.

Even since the drummer left. It's amazing to see how important he was to REM. I think he kept the other 3 in check as far as being to "artsy fartsy."

Sleep Over Jack said:
Its a shame what REM has turned into IMO.

If by "shame" you mean talented pop song masters, than yes, I agree with you. Their albums UP, Reveal, and Around the Sun are all flawed in certain ways, but they are still very solid pop albums. Reveal for one just amazes me more every time I listen to it. And Up took me over a year to even begin to appreciate it. Now it's one of my favorite R.E.M. albums. These three just take a lot of time. Around the Sun is still pretty fresh, and hasn't really revealed itself yet, no pun intended. I'm sure though that in time, again...no pun..., it will proove to be just a great as UP and Reveal.

I think Up is a decent album, but after that, REM has turned into over-produced background music. Still, I'd say they are easily in the top 4 band ever as far as back catalogue goes, their first 4 albums are wonderful and they squeezed in a couple of masterpieces in the 1990s.

MrBrau1 said:

Even since the drummer left. It's amazing to see how important he was to REM. I think he kept the other 3 in check as far as being to "artsy fartsy."

I don't think its so much keeping artistic pretensions in check, its more that the songs lack his presence, he was an integral ingredient to their sound, and that chemistry is no longer there.:sad:

Sleep Over Jack said:

I don't think its so much keeping artistic pretensions in check, its more that the songs lack his presence, he was an integral ingredient to their sound, and that chemistry is no longer there.:sad:

I agree.

Sleep Over Jack said:

I miss Bill "unibrow" Berry.:(

Back
Top Bottom