X-Men 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
x3.jpg

Lots of mixed reviews so far. The most popular opinion seems to be that the first two were better, but others have said that it blows the first two out of the water.

Has anyone seen it yet? Thoughts?

I really can't wait to see it :drool:

Last edited:
There was a review by the local news movieguy and he says that like MI:3, it's all action without any plot or character development...

It looks good to me though, so I'll reserve my judgement until after I've screened it for myself.

I really couldn't care less what the "critics" think about any film, I'll make my own mind up, I'm taking the wife & bin lids to see it this afternoon, if its anything like the first 2 I'll be more than happy.

Must see:drool:

Thing is with trilogies, directors and co can generally rely on the previous two films for developing characters and attachment to them.....so they just let all hell loose in final film....I still expect to really love this film though...because well Wolverine is just badass.

Trilogy? I'll be amazed if there isn't an X-Men 4 somewhere in the future, probably 5, or 6 years away, after the Wolverine, & Magneto spin-offs.

Jonathon Ross, interviewed Hugh Jackman, & Halle Berry on his show last night, he says probably the last 1, she says probably another, depending on success at the box office, according to most sites I've seen about the potential success of 3, No.4 will be a definite!

I saw it last night and it entertained me for sure. There WAS a lot of action. A few characters were develped and a few were not. Overall, enjoyable. I heard that it did not follow the comic at all, so fans of the comic would not enjoy it. I loved seeing all the different mutants. The ending left it open for a possible fourth movie. The fourth movie would have to be very different after all that happned in the third. I say if you liked the first two, you will be entertained by the third. Go see it.

Saw it yesterday. I would say X3 is better than X1, but not as good as X2.

I read somewhere that a fourth X-Men movie would have to depend on the box office sales of the third won (I'm crossing my fingers that Apocalypse, Omega Red and Gambit would make appearance in future sequels...if there are any).

drdre12 said:
I saw it last night and it entertained me for sure. There WAS a lot of action. A few characters were develped and a few were not. Overall, enjoyable. I heard that it did not follow the comic at all, so fans of the comic would not enjoy it. I loved seeing all the different mutants. The ending left it open for a possible fourth movie. The fourth movie would have to be very different after all that happned in the third. I say if you liked the first two, you will be entertained by the third. Go see it.

A 4th movie would have to be a lot different...very enjoyable film...I especially like Jean's and Logans scene at the end. I would be happy if the movie just featured 3 hours of Wolverine doing his thing:wink:

It was pretty much all action though, some characters I thought left the movie a bit too early otherwise as I said good film. I think I like the first two overall...it is not much of a stepdown though.

By the way any comic book types know Wolverine's age? From the bits I know, he is meant to be pretty old...since his body constantly repairs itself at such a fast rate he doesn't age much.

I thought it was tight. The bridge scene was just badass.

Plus Wolverine is hot :D

however possibly the best part about going to see X3 was the preview to SNAKES ON A PLANE!! :rockon:

AtomicBono said:
however possibly the best part about going to see X3 was the preview to SNAKES ON A PLANE!! :rockon:

When that preview came on, the entire theatre burst into laughter. ...What a joke. :lol:

I've been kicking myself for not staying through the credits though. From what I've heard, it leaves some interesting possibilities up in the air.

I think I'll go back and buy the 1st and 2nd on DVD. Xmen continues (and hopefully will continue) to be a solid series.

There wasn't much in terms of character development, but I came into the movie hoping to be entertained and it certainly delivered. The action sequences during the last half of the movie were amazing. The special effects blew me away. I stayed after the credits, but the audience seemed antsy that the scene was so short. Not many people stayed in the first place. I'd say about 12 out of 200 people.

maro_chik said:
Xmen continues (and hopefully will continue) to be a solid series.

Definitely :up:. I hope the upcoming character-centric prequels are decent.

however possibly the best part about going to see X3 was the preview to SNAKES ON A PLANE!!

Everyone burst out laughing in my theater. What is happening to movies? All the previews were horrible!

Man, now I'm bummed we didn't stay for after the credits. Grrr.

Well if the fourth movie is going to be based on box office, they had better start filming. $107 million on opening weekend is pretty aweseome. Fourth best weekend opening of all time...sweet.

I just got back from seeing X3 and really enjoyed it. I'm really glad I knew it wasn't anywhere close to the comics so I wasn't as disappointed. I didn't tell my husband it wasn't true to the comics so he didn't like it.

I think Wolverine's around 80.

Ok Wikipedia has a lot on this...but Wolverine was born in the 1800s...apparently he is coming up to 200 years old:wink:

I need more Wolverine action now:drool:

If Halle Berrys interview with Rossy on Friday can be taken as a sign there'll be an X-Men4, judged by the success at the box office, I'd say its in the bag, The Chicago Times, reports X3, took over $115 million, in 3 days in the US alone, and smashed all records for opening day receipts, raking in a colossal $72 million, fantastic!

randhail said:
did everyone that saw it make sure to stay until after the credits for that nice little treat?

i stayed longer than most

but don't remember the treat?

edit to add:

so reading this thread

after the credits

they had the SoP preview.

my theater was empty by then

welcome to the O C.

Last edited:
randhail said:
At my theater I didn't see the Snakes on a Plane preview, but after the credits their is something related to X-men.

the SOAP preview was before the movie (at my theatre anyway, but I've talked to other people who didn't see the preview either, so I guess they didn't show it everywhere). after the movie was... can we have a thread to discuss this for people who have seen it or want spoilers?

AtomicBono said:
the SOAP preview was before the movie (at my theatre anyway, but I've talked to other people who didn't see the preview either, so I guess they didn't show it everywhere). after the movie was... can we have a thread to discuss this for people who have seen it or want spoilers?

I don't see how the bonus scene should merit its own thread. I guess we could leave spoiler space or do the blue text coding [ color=skyblue ]spoiler discussion[ /color ] (removing the spaces from the brackets) to discuss it. There are a couple of videos of the final scene at YouTube. I found a decent one last night, but they seem to be cracking down on X-3 clips. I tried looking for it again but I keep finding foreign language clips.

Here's a description of the bonus scene for those that missed it:

higlight --> A scene early in the movie shows Professor Xavier lecturing his class about the moral implications of transferring one's consciousness into another person that was healthy but lacking brain functions due to being in a comatose state. He shows a brief clip featuring a man in a comatose state with Dr. MacTaggert.

After the credits we're taken to a scene in a hospital room. We see the man shown in the video with Dr. MacTaggert. The patient wakes up and says hello to the doctor in Patrick Stewart's voice, to which the doctor replies, "Charles?"
<-- end highlight

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

I don't see how the bonus scene should merit its own thread. I guess we could leave spoiler space or do the blue text coding [ color=skyblue ]spoiler discussion[ /color ] (removing the spaces from the brackets) to discuss it. There are a couple of videos of the final scene at YouTube. I found a decent one last night, but they seem to be cracking down on X-3 clips. I tried looking for it again but I keep finding foreign language clips.

The people who remained in the theater with my dad and I ghasped when it was over.....at the least. But my dad knew about from a local movie critic :wink:

Also some of the people clapped when Magneto got injected with the Mutant cure :giggle:

But it was a good movie and it was faithful to the Dark Phoenix novel...or at least the basis of it (I'm a HUGE fan of the Dark Phoenix graphic novel)....but it was better than the first one...but I'm not quite so sure about it being better than the second one...they seem to be pretty even in that department.

Edit: I had to get rid of the highlighted section...it was showing :reject:...but you get the idea :wink:

Back
Top Bottom