Which is more important? The LYRICS or the FLOW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is more important?

• Lyrics

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Flow

Votes: 25 83.3%

• Total voters
This thread has had a bit of a nasty tone to it in parts. Come on, let's just be nice and carry on with discussion.

Me? No. Never. It's always business time with me. Though I might use a "lol" to show I can appreciate witty banter...but it's always a lie. I don't enjoy witty banter. I don't get it. It's a waste of time. I prefer serious. All the time. :| <--- Me, all the time.

Though - if I did have a sense of humor, I might find it funny that no one had an issue with what "flow" meant, yet we're the stoopid ones. Or maybe it's just me? I dunno. :happy: Is irony still dead? I forget.

ETA - how's that for awful timing? :hug:

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

Though - if I did have a sense of humor, I might find it funny that no one had an issue with what "flow" meant, yet we're the stoopid ones.

Or everyone just had a slightly different idea of what "flow" meant, because it's a completely non-musical term? But they still chose it anyway because lyrics are just typically bad poety that unfortunately gets heard because the artist is able to create a "flow" that serves as decent background noise? Maybe.

Yeah, good call. Better play nice.

God forbid there's ever an argument of snide remark in this forum, or the mods will have to settle everything down. Lord knows this isn't a public forum or anything crazy like that.

Bonochick said:
This thread has had a bit of a nasty tone to it in parts. Come on, let's just be nice and carry on with discussion.

Sorry to squeal, but Lance is just being a pain. Not that it helps that this thread has become horribly off-topic in the last page or so.

Flow = rhythm of words.

You're not an idiot if you don't know that, but you are an idiot if you continue to harp on about it long after the facts have been presented.

I don't want this thread locked, so play nice.

ashe1wt1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm envisioning those words coming out of George Michael's mouth, thanks to your avatar.

It's not pretty.

My friends that have seen Arrested all say I'm like George Michael.

I guess it's better than saying I'm like Tobias.

Lancemc said:
Wait, so is "flow" the rhyme and rhythm of the lyrics, like LemonMelon implied?

Because if it's that, and not just "everything not the lyrics" than this thread just might not be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

ridiculous. of course it's the dumbest thing you've read of all week. other than my own posts, but I don't think I've posted anywhere you've read so I guess that's not a valid point. unless you read this post. if so then I'm responsible for wasting a whole .5 seconds of your otherwise not dumb life. sorry :hug:

ETA:

actually having read the whole play nice bit I wish I'd bitten my tongue - as does lance probably (albeit a harder bite than I wish, I bet).

Can you delete your reply nsw so this is not perpetuated and the thread can live.

I say flow and because I live inside Beav's brain I know exactly what he meant. I think of music (to me music encompasses both lyrics and instrumental (yes, I'm that dumb) so using lyrics vs music would have been lost on an imbecile like myself) as something that carries me along, so I want it to flow well, and even a well placed jarring is no more than a rapid 5. :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom