What's your favorite Olympian/Olympic Moment 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dara Torres

I wanted her to get that gold but the silver was certainly an achievement for her. She's amazing.

You know, the old chicks (I can say that 'cause I'm older than they are :wink: ) have done pretty well in the last couple of days. Torres in swimming, the 38 year old woman's marathon winner (the oldest woman's olympic marathon winner by eight years) and the 33 year old gymnast who won the silver on vault. Good going ladies!! :applaud:

phelpsscream.gif

:yikes: I'm scared, they all look doped. :reject:

ub446.jpg

I've been astonished by Phelps, seriously haven't stopped talking about him for a week, but this was just unbelievable.

Armstrong and Ulrich were doped

Predicting late 90's-early 00's cyclists were doping...you've really got some astute powers there. Do you think the sun will come up tomorrow, too? :wink:

I think (and hope) Bolt is clean. It's just an extremely fast track in Beijing, I've heard that across a few running events now.

Predicting late 90's-early 00's cyclists were doping...you've really got some astute powers there. Do you think the sun will come up tomorrow, too? :wink:

I think (and hope) Bolt is clean. It's just an extremely fast track in Beijing, I've heard that across a few running events now.

yeah, sure! but since when do we know that most cyclists are doping? ok, sometimes we caught some, but the real bomb exploded many years after the great winners are gone and already made their cash :huh:
so, anyway it's sad enough that you have to 'think and hope' someone is clean.

All this "Bolt drug cheat" speculation is a load of bollocks.

Yank-media-driven stirrings from people who can't hack the fact that wee little Jamaica is caning the Americans at sprinting at the moment....

Jamiaca 1,2,3 in the women's thank you very much :D

Same applies to our Aussie media in the wake of the Tunisian prevailing over Hackett in the swimming. Mellouli's done his time, he's clean now.....accept it, he deserves his Gold more than Hackett.

All this "Bolt drug cheat" speculation is a load of bollocks.

Yank-media-driven stirrings from people who can't hack the fact that wee little Jamaica is caning the Americans at sprinting at the moment....

I haven't heard these allegations from an employee of any major USA media outlet yet.

Dude... for me i think when Brazil (Cesar Cielo) won our first gold medal in natation... in the 50m :cute::cute:
u know, the brazilian are crap in the sports because here don't have the incentive... and god! it was (and is) our first (and only) golden medal in this Olympian! :cute:
I'm a professional in natation but i had stoppen because i was so tired... and i know what is that competition (of course nothing like the Olympic games...) so for me was the best moment! :heart:
and of course Phelps! :heart:

sally mclellan - i didnt expect her to do anything, let alone win a silver medal

the reaction she gave in the post race interview was something to low and behold as well. ie nobody expected her to even qualify for the final

in the last couple days
we had a dutch guy who battled leukemia a couple of years back winning gold at long distance swimming
the dutch female waterpolo team won gold while no one even expected them to make the semi finals
the dutch female hockey team won gold while being the favourites before the tournament even started

i can't say I really preferred 1 medal to another

Back
Top Bottom