Wangs, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, okay. Nah, delay is good as long as it serves the song.

I think you missed the context in general. I said I hate it when people say blanket statements like that. And then he said exactly that, just to get on my nerves or something. But yeah, I got the delay sounding just perfect and lo and behold, I'm told not to "pretty it up..." and to "make it raw."

I think you missed the context in general. I said I hate it when people say blanket statements like that. And then he said exactly that, just to get on my nerves or something. But yeah, I got the delay sounding just perfect and lo and behold, I'm told not to "pretty it up..." and to "make it raw."

Yeah, you should know by now that I think delay's pretty good stuff.

Needs more wah. I dunno. If you're not going for a raw sound, what the fuck are they whinging about? It's your song.

Thankfully, 3/4ths of the other band members are on my side at the very least. The delay part will remain until the song is dropped.

Daily forum hiccup. OOC at the moment is saying this thread has only 184 posts, even though Andrew's last one was #190.

Anyway, delay's the only effect I'm using right now. I'm gonna use 2 clean boost pedals to make my tone a bit raw when I need to. But I love delay. I'm a very rhythmic lead guitarist.

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't have sold off all my modulation pedals, so that the compromise was to not use any of them, but to be allowed to use delay and reverb to my heart's content.

Mostly I'm just going to play with one of the boosts on all the time, except for when I want it super clean. And then when I want it to be super thick, I'll add in the second boost.

And Andrew, no, I was writing an e-mail. Heaven forbid I communicate with people outside of the Superthread!

So have these hiccups been happening often? I remember for awhile there were none. Or perhaps I'm just not here at this time of the day usually.

Yeah, the hiccups seem to have just started happening over the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom