Usa, Oita, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the undecideds aren't people who could agree with both (like your example between dems and greens or whatever) but people who disagree with both

of course i still don't get how anyone could be undecided, or decided for mccain

It's the attack of the Super Fantastic Wondrous New Morning Schedule!

My mother's visiting and she's a morning person. I want to spend time with her rather than sleeping in until 11am. Though I've beaten her up this morning!

Whether the morning schedule will last beyond her departure on Friday remains to be seen ...

Wow. Just a few weeks ago you were still going to bed at 4am. That's quite the schedule change!

i think the undecideds aren't people who could agree with both (like your example between dems and greens or whatever) but people who disagree with both

of course i still don't get how anyone could be undecided, or decided for mccain

Well there are always people who can't choose because they just can't choose.

I don't get how people could vote for McCain with Palin either. But I guess that's my dirty perverted European liberal view on the world. :shrug:

Yes, it's the people who don't care for either one.

I just can't fathom why people would even consider McCain at this point. The man is 72 years old. The chances of something happening to him while in office skyrockets at that age, and people seriously don't have any issues with Palin potentially taking over?

That alone should be enough for people not to vote for him. This country is really fucked up at times...

If I may show my idealistic side for a minute, what bugs me is that generally, appeals to the undecided camp - or to "stealing" people from voting for the opposition - are based upon appealing to their self-interest. I expressly do not vote on self-interest, but on ideological agreement. I vote on who I think has the best policies for the country in general and will best provide for the whole population and for the future. The Liberals, for example, could come out with the most amazing education policy that showers money on university students, and I still wouldn't vote for them because they're going to completely screw over most sectors of the population. I may put them higher in my preferences, but that's it.

In general, though, you see people voting for a right wing party because "I'm a small business owner and it's best for me!", even though they might actually disagree with a lot of the party's policies - but since they themselves don't want an abortion or to marry somebody of the same sex or desperately need government help to get out of crippling poverty, they just don't care.

Yes, it's the people who don't care for either one.

I just can't fathom why people would even consider McCain at this point. The man is 72 years old. The chances of something happening to him while in office skyrockets at that age, and people seriously don't have any issues with Palin potentially taking over?

That alone should be enough for people not to vote for him. This country is really fucked up at times...

Plus, do we really want the most important head of state in the world to be a guy who quite clearly is a grumpy, miserable old bastard who has no grasp on 21st century society?

Oh wait, he's a maaaavrick.

If I may show my idealistic side for a minute, what bugs me is that generally, appeals to the undecided camp - or to "stealing" people from voting for the opposition - are based upon appealing to their self-interest. I expressly do not vote on self-interest, but on ideological agreement. I vote on who I think has the best policies for the country in general and will best provide for the whole population and for the future. The Liberals, for example, could come out with the most amazing education policy that showers money on university students, and I still wouldn't vote for them because they're going to completely screw over most sectors of the population. I may put them higher in my preferences, but that's it.

In general, though, you see people voting for a right wing party because "I'm a small business owner and it's best for me!", even though they might actually disagree with a lot of the party's policies - but since they themselves don't want an abortion or to marry somebody of the same sex or desperately need government help to get out of crippling poverty, they just don't care.
yes ax, americans are selfish bitches.

I'm not fooling for going to that PLEBA thread again after Bonnie tricked me with a claim of potential lulz last night!

:lol: What did she link you to?

It's just a picture of bono in africa with loads of kids wearing MY shoes.

I'm gonna bitch a certain person in PLEBA soon. Or at least reply to his annoying comments. Yes, I said his. It's a guy, and with EVERY comment he posts, it's obvious he's very very veyr much gay, and he also posts comments saying No I'm not gay and that kinda crap. Well, if he's not gay, Wild's a virgin! :wink:

Plus, do we really want the most important head of state in the world to be a guy who quite clearly is a grumpy, miserable old bastard who has no grasp on 21st century society?

Oh wait, he's a maaaavrick.
oh also he has skin cancer, apparently.

yes ax, americans are selfish bitches.

Actually, if Kim were here, she'd realise "I'm a small business owner" is a loving reference to her and National voters in the New Zealand election. :laugh:

:lol: What did she link you to?

It's just a picture of bono in africa with loads of kids wearing MY shoes.

I'm gonna bitch a certain person in PLEBA soon. Or at least reply to his annoying comments. Yes, I said his. It's a guy, and with EVERY comment he posts, it's obvious he's very very veyr much gay, and he also posts comments saying No I'm not gay and that kinda crap. Well, if he's not gay, Wild's a virgin! :wink:

She just linked me to the thread, and said it was practically just her joking around. NOT SO MUCH.

It amazes me that there are guys who regularly frequent PLEBA.

no, it is not a cute kinda thing, background is ugh but basically he was clingy and insecure and i should have broken up with himlong before i did (oh also boring in bed). so, he wrote about how it's bad to be insecure in a relationship etc etc and it's hilarious because whenever we talk about our relationship or what he's learned i still have to argue with him about this stuff being true or counsel him through his issues.

Hey Ian. :wave:

what's wild's purity score?

mine is like 1 away from going below my age

ax did i tell you i lost one recently

No, you hadn't told me that. This is my list of scores, I take it I need to revise yours down:

U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono_212, COBL_04, coolian2, unico: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
JanuaryStar: 72%
GibsonGirl, Irishteen, Lemonchick: 71%
Axver: 69%
partygirlvox: 68%
Pearl: 67%
Galeongirl: 64%
dianepm: 63%
bono_man2002, Thora: 62%
Serena Vox: 59%
corianderstem, Jackson Vox: 56%
blueeyedgirl, indra, RegularBonoFan, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
Zootlesque: 53%
GirlsAloudFan, No Spoken Words: 52%
liamcool: 50%
DreamOutLoud13: 49%
Its Britastic!, Lila64: 48%
Eazy-V: 43%
The Sad Punk: 42%
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
BoMac, phanan: 40%
elevated_u2_fan: 38%
Angela Harlem: 34%
cinnaminson, the tourist: 33%
WildHoney: 29%
gluey, LarryMullen's POPAngel: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 23%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%
hardyharhar: 14%

She just linked me to the thread, and said it was practically just her joking around. NOT SO MUCH.

It amazes me that there are guys who regularly frequent PLEBA.

:hmm: Which thread?

I don't think McCain will be alive for so long. I could so see the following scenario happen. McCain gets elected, all the hapinness gives him a heart attack, he dies, shazam! Palin president!

The horror.

basically i always had to tell him these things, and im not sure if he really believes them now or he's just repeating what i've told him a million times.

hey ian...i was glad to see you have watched some how i met your mother when i wandered into zoo station

also you should watch it first episode to most recent, it builds on itself

:hmm: Which thread?

I don't think McCain will be alive for so long. I could so see the following scenario happen. McCain gets elected, all the hapinness gives him a heart attack, he dies, shazam! Palin president!

The horror.

The one you linked to a single post of. She just linked to the start.

I can see him dying from rolling his eyes too much at people giving him advice he doesn't like.

no, it is not a cute kinda thing, background is ugh but basically he was clingy and insecure and i should have broken up with himlong before i did (oh also boring in bed). so, he wrote about how it's bad to be insecure in a relationship etc etc and it's hilarious because whenever we talk about our relationship or what he's learned i still have to argue with him about this stuff being true or counsel him through his issues.

Oh, Sorry.

How long were you able to stand the clingy-ness? I hate that kinda thing with guys, I had one like that too, and he made me hate him sorta. I broke up with him, then we sorta kissed in a bus to disneyland with school, that was the last day before the summer holidays, so yea we didn't speak much, during the whole holidays, not ONCE he gave me a call, text or even a fucking lowsy email. Not ONCE. Not even on my birthday. I was completely done with him, and then at the first schoolday he changed, he was suddenly an emo and announced that he started smoking like he was proud of it. I sorta bitched him in the cafetaria during lunch when he said that. That afternoon he called me, to break up with me.
I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom