Ugly Name Side, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though when we went to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve (during which, I discovered how much night photography sucked arse), I DID end up rolling down the window and sticking the camera out it. Luckily I have gloves, but I am sure my friend would not be too amused if the camera slipped out of my hands.

Cheaper digital cameras blow for night photography. You firstly have shitloads of digital noise (especially if you shoot at a higher ISO), and secondly, if you don't hold the camera perfectly steady, it'll just be a blur. The longer exposure times for good night shots tend to make the blur from handshake even worse. I'll definitely be investing in a tripod so that I can do good night photography. Nothing quite like city lights at night.

And there's a good reason point-and-shoots have those little loopy cords to go around your wrist, and why DSLRs hang around your neck. :wink:

but then when he stops telling stories that are semi-random with overly flowered language, this is good

Singers, more than other musicians, depend on what they know — as opposed to what they don’t want to know about the world. While there is a danger in this — the loss of naïveté, for instance, which holds its own certain power — interpretive skills generally gain in the course of a life well abused.

Cheaper digital cameras blow for night photography. You firstly have shitloads of digital noise (especially if you shoot at a higher ISO), and secondly, if you don't hold the camera perfectly steady, it'll just be a blur. The longer exposure times for good night shots tend to make the blur from handshake even worse. I'll definitely be investing in a tripod so that I can do good night photography. Nothing quite like city lights at night.

And there's a good reason point-and-shoots have those little loopy cords to go around your wrist, and why DSLRs hang around your neck. :wink:
yeah they're a fucklot heavier

i have often longed for a tripod. though some night photography settings, with a camera balanced on something to steady it and just a bit of streakyness, can be really cool in their own right.

The gloves I have are thick around the wrist, plus I had my coat on. Couldn't pull it over my wrist. Would have ended up pulling the glove off and probably dropping the camera to boot.

Trust when I say, you are talking to the one clumsiest bitch. :D

now this is just a painful, ugly sentence:

In the pub, on the occasion of this new year, as the room rises in a deafening chorus — “I did it my way” — I and this full house of Irish rabble-rousers hear in this staple of the American songbook both sides of the singer and the song, hubris and humility, blue eyesand red.

i have often longed for a tripod. though some night photography settings, with a camera balanced on something to steady it and just a bit of streakyness, can be really cool in their own right.

Indeed. Even some of my hand-held photography of fireworks on NYE looks reasonable - the fireworks are in good focus, with the city lights kind of streaky behind.

What I'm looking forward to with a tripod is doing some extended exposures. Like photographing a train passing through a station and just getting it as streaks of light. And heading out into the country to do star trails, which tend to require exposures of over half an hour.

see that made sense to me, it's just trying way, way, way too hard. i hope his lyrics on the next album are more like the 2nd bit i quoted.

The poor sentence structure just irks me. I had to read it twice to make sure I followed.

I dread the new album's lyrics.

though some in the interference thread think it's more brilliant than the work of professionals....

they r probly ppl hu typ lyk dis n think - fuck, I can't type like that any more - that the Rolling Stone blog comment was the pinnacle of insightfulness.

so can someone tell me if there's really gonna be a single monday, and if so how is it gonna air?

i'm gonna be in dc so i need to be prepared to somehow hear it w/o my own computer etc

It is. It really is.

So are you back in Texas now? :hug:

Glad I write better than bono at least.

Yeah, at my uncle's. The good news, however, if you'll remember, I was bummed about not going to my school's bowl game in san diego cause it meant I wouldn't get to see my other uncle, who I get to see maybe once every four or five years. Well guess what! He's here :hyper:. We've been playing poker for hours, obviously I'm now out, but a good time is being had by all...even if it's in tex-ass

so can someone tell me if there's really gonna be a single monday, and if so how is it gonna air?

i'm gonna be in dc so i need to be prepared to somehow hear it w/o my own computer etc

Well, U2.com seem to be a doing a brilliant job maintaining their usual incompetent silence, so there's nothing official. But 19/01 certainly seems like a reasonable date to me for the song to debut. I bet it will have leaked within the next week or so anyway. We'll see.

Glad I write better than bono at least.

Yeah, at my uncle's. The good news, however, if you'll remember, I was bummed about not going to my school's bowl game in san diego cause it meant I wouldn't get to see my other uncle, who I get to see maybe once every four or five years. Well guess what! He's here :hyper:. We've been playing poker for hours, obviously I'm now out, but a good time is being had by all...even if it's in tex-ass

Ah, awesome. :up:

And fuck, thanks to crappy bus timetables, the camera shop I want to visit will be closing too soon for me to get a decent amount of time there. Oh well. I didn't intend to buy anything today, just look around. Think I'll head in when I actually intend to buy. As it is, I still need to go to the library and supermarket ... hmpf.

Vazza, I don't remember the vietnam sentence anymore, but it was some convoluted bull shit, I know that.

Do we have news on the single? :hyper:

No, Ashley, no official news. Just more rumours doing the rounds, but we're getting within 1.5 months of the album now, so they need to get the single out there soon. And an album tracklist has appeared on WTAHAN that claims Mercy is going to be a bonus track in the UK, Australia, and Japan. Probably a load of shit. There are also reports U2 will perform at the Brit Awards, which seems entirely plausible despite the fact it comes from a tabloid. I mean, they've done it before.

God, at this stage in HTDAAB's release cycle, Vertigo had been on radio for a week and I'm pretty sure we knew HTDAAB's tracklist. Hurry up, U2.

wow, just caught up on the latest interwebs banning

ok off to watch the end of the football game i recorded, and read.

the blind side is a really really good book peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom