Tittybong, VIC, Australia superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
OMG!!!!!! dr. dré i need to ask you one more question about live shit. i also realised i have a whopping total of ONE elevation concert. do you have any recommendations? :reject:

then that'll be it cuz i checked all the other tours :lol:

The Elevation Tour sucks.

But if you must, 15 May 2001, Chicago has one of the more interesting setlists. The last show of tour, 2 December 2001, Miami, is decent.

I wish I could get my hands on a site like that Porcupine Tree Phanan set up, but involving solely the Lovetown Tour.

the tourist said:
100-61191.jpg
:creepy:

Axver said:

The vocalist sure as hell can sing.

By the way, I think I should send those links to Peterrrrrr and tell him to listen to it and find his favourite vocal note. Would it be a high C?

Axver said:
The Elevation Tour sucks.

But if you must, 15 May 2001, Chicago has one of the more interesting setlists. The last show of tour, 2 December 2001, Miami, is decent.
:lol:

yeah, i just want to have at least a couple from each tour. obviously i'll have more from better tours, but yeah, just a couple from elevation will suffice. thanks :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol:

yeah, i just want to have at least a couple from each tour. obviously i'll have more from better tours, but yeah, just a couple from elevation will suffice. thanks :D

15/05/01 and 02/12/01 would give you good diversity of material played too. You really don't need anything else from the third leg if you've got 02/12/01. That leg is easily U2's worst live era.

Varitek said:
khan! am i on ignore?where are you going in europe?
lol no, i'm just trying to multitask. i'm not going to europe but i got a phone from the uk but i found out it came with a converter. but i don't think it's going to work anyway cuz i can't access the internet with it.

OK, so I'm listening to Ziggy Stardust so I can vote on the current Survivor round, and this really just isn't a very good album.

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol no, i'm just trying to multitask. i'm not going to europe but i got a phone from the uk but i found out it came with a converter. but i don't think it's going to work anyway cuz i can't access the internet with it.

:(

Axver said:
15/05/01 and 02/12/01 would give you good diversity of material played too. You really don't need anything else from the third leg if you've got 02/12/01. That leg is easily U2's worst live era.
eww, did they just only play the same shit?

i remember being bummed cuz i went to atlanta during my spring break in 01 and U2 were there like a week later, so i obviously couldn't see them. i guess i didn't miss out.

maybe i should download that one too to see what i DID miss :hmm:

Axver said:
OK, so I'm listening to Ziggy Stardust so I can vote on the current Survivor round, and this really just isn't a very good album.

Never heard it myself.

KhanadaRhodes said:

eww, did they just only play the same shit?

i remember being bummed cuz i went to atlanta during my spring break in 01 and U2 were there like a week later, so i obviously couldn't see them. i guess i didn't miss out.

maybe i should download that one too to see what i DID miss :hmm:

Not only did the third leg have painfully static sets, but the song selection was crap and U2-by-numbers. Here's the Atlanta show's set that you missed out on:

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day
3. Until The End Of The World
4. New Year's Day
5. Out Of Control
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
8. Kite
9. My Sweet Lord
10. Angel Of Harlem
11. People Get Ready
12. Please
13. Bad / Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (snippet)
14. Psalm 116 (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
15. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
17. Bullet The Blue Sky
18. What's Going On
19. New York
20. One
21. Peace On Earth (snippet) / Walk On

:|

And don't forget this was just after 11 September, so Bono was in super-preachy mode.

the tourist said:

Never heard it myself.

Don't waste your time. It's boring and mediocre early seventies rock. Station To Station slays it.

Axver said:

Don't waste your time. It's boring and mediocre early seventies rock. Station To Station slays it.

They're both on my band's singer's "To Introduce Andrew To" list.

the tourist said:

They're both on my band's singer's "To Introduce Andrew To" list.

I get the impression this list is rather long. Which is surprising, since you seem pretty widely listened already.

Axver said:
Not only did the third leg have painfully static sets, but the song selection was crap and U2-by-numbers. Here's the Atlanta show's set that you missed out on
:lol: actually, you're getting my spring confused with your spring :wink: this is the atlanta gig i missed out on:

1. Elevation / Creep (snippet) / Steppin' Stone (snippet)
2. Beautiful Day
3. Until The End Of The World / Two Tribes (snippet)
4. New Year's Day
5. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
6. Gone
7. Discothèque / Devil Inside (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet) / Staring At The Sun (snippet)
8. New York / She's Lost Control (snippet)
9. I Will Follow
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Could You Be Loved (snippet) / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
11. Sweetest Thing
12. In A Little While / Crazy Love (snippet)
13. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
14. Bad / 40 (snippet) / Higher Love (snippet)
15. Psalm 116 (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
16. Mysterious Ways
17. The Fly

encore(s):
18. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
19. With Or Without You
20. One / Losing My Religion (snippet) / Everybody Hurts (snippet)
21. Walk On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom