Thom Yorke---The Eraser Leaks!!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:
I'm loving it, guys! Seriously.

Bear, I don't know what your major malfunction is. Have you given the album repeated listenings?
malfunctioning bears :drool:

i also like 'analyse'. :up:

calluna, i LOVE what i'm hearing. i was talking about the new walkmen album which i was terribly disappointed with.

the eraser keeps getting better with every listen. cymbal rush is simply beautiful, though the ending should have gone on longer, and built up even bigger before it fell apart on itself.

i wasn't sure what to expect, i didn't have high hopes, but this has to be my favourite album of 06 so far. nothing else comes close.

mobvok @ comcast.net

I had no idea Thom was even releasing a solo album until I saw this thread. :ohmy:

i can't remember a thread so dominated by nothing more than email requests.

what do you people think of the album now that you downloaded it fah fwee?

listen to either
"atoms for peace"or "skip divided"

:drool: :drool:

the whole album is great though, its better to listen to it completely:wink:

I really love 'Black Swan' and 'The Clock'.

Nevermind, I love the whole thing.

Zoomerang96 said:
i can't remember a thread so dominated by nothing more than email requests.

what do you people think of the album now that you downloaded it fah fwee?

Well the thread starter did say to leave your email address...

I ended up torrenting it. When I checked a few days ago no one had it up yet.

Thumbs Up:
Analyse
And It Rained All Night
Harrowdown Hill

Haven't found any National Anthem/Idioteque/How To Disappear brilliance, but I still think it's good.

My $ .02 --

My friend gave me a copy last week. I think the songs are good, but nothing new or ground-breaking.

I love "Atoms for Peace", and I really like his vocal delivery on "Harrowdown Hill". I like when he doesn't do the same vocal style over and over (that's why I love "Wolf At The Door").

Basically, this album is VERY "Kid A", and I was kind of hoping for something different. Not that I don't love "Kid A", but I like my bands/artists to progress from album to album, and this just doesn't seem like much of a progression from "Kid A", which was made how many years ago?

Solid effort. Good songs. Nothing ground breaking.

By the way, my friend swears he hears an Aphex Twin influence on the album, Richard D. James I think is the Aphex Twin guy's name. What does everyone think about that statment? Do you hear Aphex Twin influence?

P.S. I'm going to see Radiohead at the Greek in L.A. on the 30th; I wonder if Thom will do any of these songs. Might be kind of cool to see what the whole band would do with them. I doubt it, but would be interesting. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 30TH!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom