The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

:lmao: The Interferers are so much more polished these days.

EBTTRT was pretty good, especially the part where my botched vocals get drowned in echo.

LIB was a disaster, though.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm going to listen to it again to see if it's worthy of that, but yeah, I think I could try doing that.

:up: I have that crappy Interferers video to keep me amused in the interim.

No spoken words said:

I didn't see said post, I stopped when I saw Mia's comment.

And hello, of course. :)

I remarked that New South Wales is still stuck in the 16th century. Martin Luther is just about to get excommunicated!

The unintentional comedy (and in Axver's case, intentional comedy) of the Interferers is fantastic.

I like how that one person in the comments said they had too much time on their hands.

The video was clearly made in 10 minutes.

The Moonage Daydream thing is actually not bad, though the volume thing I mentioned comes into play. When I lower my voice volume, my high notes become horribly weak. In this particular cover, I re-enact the live version wails over the chords during the middle 8 and the outro, which epitomizes my voice giving out and is horribly embarassing.

phillyfan26 said:
The unintentional comedy (and in Axver's case, intentional comedy) of the Interferers is fantastic.

When Streets was done, I really wanted to read Resolution And Independence over the intro in an overly dramatic style. I thought it would've been great.

I'm surprised the Interferers thing is still around, I only noticed it's alive again a few days ago.

phillyfan26 said:
The Moonage Daydream thing is actually not bad, though the volume thing I mentioned comes into play. When I lower my voice volume, my high notes become horribly weak. In this particular cover, I re-enact the live version wails over the chords during the middle 8 and the outro, which epitomizes my voice giving out and is horribly embarassing.

If it makes you feel any better, my first album was a collection of covers and instrumentals, and on all of the covers my voice sounds embarrassing because of similar volume issues. The instrumentals are OK, but I was like 14, so the guitar playing isn't that great.

I'd give it about a 5/10 :wink:

coolian2 said:
Fuck, i'm tired.

See, that's what a social life does to you.

Watching the cricket? I loved seeing Australia at 3/24, though this recovery is pissing me off.

LemonMelon said:
I like how that one person in the comments said they had too much time on their hands.

The video was clearly made in 10 minutes.

YouTube commenters are sometimes even more amusing than the videos themselves.

Holy shit, a girl gets busy for a bit and we're in a whole new country.

:tsk:

So where did I come with the last thread

LemonMelon said:

If it makes you feel any better, my first album was a collection of covers and instrumentals, and on all of the covers my voice sounds embarrassing because of similar volume issues. The instrumentals are OK, but I was like 14, so the guitar playing isn't that great.

I'd give it about a 5/10 :wink:

It actually makes me want to record some more covers when no one is home. Unfortunately, it's quarter of midnight and I can't really do that here at the moment.

I think I could do alright at full volume.

Also, I don't actually own an acoustic guitar, so all my recordings are me playing an unplugged electric, which doesn't help the sound. :lol:

Axver said:

YouTube commenters are sometimes even more amusing than the videos themselves.

This is true.

People who don't read them because of the sheer stupidity of them are just prudes. :tsk:

coolian2 said:
Ax, haven't looked back through the old threads and posts, but i has the miserable prat turned up again on your LJ?

Not yet. We did an IP check though. I'm pretty sure they're using an IP masker. Each comment comes from a different IP - three track to the Dominican Republic, Dubai, and Toronto, and the other two are untrackable, at least by the site I used. None match anybody here, unfortunately.

Maybe our next threads should go to those three locations? :hmm:

Axver said:

See, that's what a social life does to you.

Watching the cricket? I loved seeing Australia at 3/24, though this recovery is pissing me off.

I'm not watching yet, i'm just holding on until the end of the NZ Domestic One Day final.

Otago 250/2 from 34 overs, needing another 61.

Brendon McCullum is on 139 off about 95.

Axver said:

Not yet. We did an IP check though. I'm pretty sure they're using an IP masker. Each comment comes from a different IP - three track to the Dominican Republic, Dubai, and Toronto, and the other two are untrackable, at least by the site I used. None match anybody here, unfortunately.

Maybe our next threads should go to those three locations? :hmm:

Ah, hell yes.

gluey said:
Holy shit, a girl gets busy for a bit and we're in a whole new country.

:tsk:

So where did I come with the last thread

I don't remember precisely, but I think you came around sixth. And the global tour is surging ahead at great speed. :drool:

LeMel, I'm going to try to send you Moonage Daydream, just for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom