The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some scores of games yesterday

Croatia 4 x 1 Austria
US 0 X 1 Morocco
Senegal 1 x 1 Korea

ive been checking england B's team to play belerus on thursday and it seems like they playing some of the big guns.

Owen is in the squad and FIFA have given england until may 30th to take rooney or not.

Last edited:
babyman said:

Italy's waiting:evil: :dancing:

If I showed up at one of Italy's matches and started waving Euro bills at the players, would I be arrested under German law for hate speech? Just curious.

Guys I just saw somethin hilarious , Ballack and Kahn are processing a sex shop :lol: that has made vibrators with their names :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thats it , u think u've seen everything , then smthin like this shows up :lmao:

Last edited:
J_NP said:
Guys I just saw somethin hilarious , Ballack and Kahn are processing a sex shop :lol: that has made vibrators with their names :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thats it , u think u've seen everything , then smthin like this shows up :lmao:

We need a link. Preferably with pictures.

speedracer said:

Oh, snap. You sure showed me.

:confused:

Just because I was joking about Usa losing against Morocco? Usa is in the same group with Italy at the worldcup. Mate, if you get offended for things like these, you're nothing else than a 2 year child...................shame on you........................:tsk:

all i have to say on the topic of the SOCCER world cup is Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi, we wont have great numbers but youll be hard pressed to find a group of more enthusiastic supporters than the socceroos supporters

As some of you already know I admin on a football site and we are trying to involve all the nations in the World Cup in some banter on our site. We have a World Cup Forum and to get the views of the other nations regarding their teams, their chances and what they think of England would be great.

You can find it at www.wmcollective.com log in through either Aston Villa link, Birmingham City link or West Bromwich Albion Link - its free and simple.

Or of course I am here to banter all day. I would love to know how other nations view their chances in the World Cup and this site seems to have members from across the globe.

I am a blind England fan and totally expect us to win it (a I have since '82)!!! This year though seems more right than any other. Settled core squad, great individuals, great talent, great team spirit, Rooney and Owens injuries and playing in our internationa local derby teams back yard.....it all points to an England win!

I have discussed it on a VFB Stuttgart forum and they are a bit non enthusiastic over Germany's chances this year. A few shocks in their team selection including Hitzelsperger (ex villa now VFB).

So where you from, who do you support, what are your chances and who is going to win it?

(Thought I would move this in here as my World Cup Banter thread duplicated this one. Us newbies eh? always causing trouble)

babyman said:

:confused:

Just because I was joking about Usa losing against Morocco? Usa is in the same group with Italy at the worldcup. Mate, if you get offended for things like these, you're nothing else than a 2 year child...................shame on you........................:tsk:

Naw, I got no beef with that. The USA sucked in that game and deserves all the abuse it gets.

It just seemed to me that you seemed extremely offended by the comment I made about the Italian soccer scandal (and also about hate-speech crimes).

I just thought it safe to assume that if you're going to dish out the dirt, you can take it as well, which I hope is the case.

Last edited:
roy keane said:
This thread is about football,not soccer

"Soccer" is the truly neutral term for the game. "Football" can refer to association football, rugby football, Gaelic football, Australian football or American football.

speedracer said:

"Soccer" is the truly neutral term for the game. "Football" can refer to association football, rugby football, Gaelic football, Australian football or American football.

Dude sorry but I gotta disagree , everybody that really likes and enjoys the sport call it football , in fact only americans call it soccer , besides its not their top preference , anyway the thing is the original sport is the Football we are talkin bout here , later it appeared these ALTERNATIVE sports ....... anyway like Mac said

off with the horns , on with the show

So lets keep it like this , this is a WC thread , a Fuuuuzzzbaaalll thread , al right ?

Anyway back to discussion , Anybody heard of Shevchenko , I read that he's with some injury probs , that may threat his partic. in the cup ? How come , I was crazy to see that bastard in action on the cup :drool:

And also anyone with info on the german team , is Lehmann really the number 1 now ? Also bout France , whos gonna be the keeper ?

J_NP said:

Dude sorry but I gotta disagree , everybody that really likes and enjoys the sport call it football , in fact only americans call it soccer , besides its not their top preference , anyway the thing is the original sport is the Football we are talkin bout here , later it appeared these ALTERNATIVE sports ....... anyway like Mac said

First of all, Australians take "football" to mean Australian rules football and call association football "soccer", as a previous poster showed.

IIRC, both association football and rugby football popped up in Britain around the 19th century. I think association football was more popular at the time and got exported all over the world by the British empire, while rugby football became more popular in America and Australia because of (insert stereotypes of ruthless, lawless ruffians here) and eventually evolved into American and Australian football respectively.

I don't deny that association football is the most popular form of the game in the world and has the right to be called "football" (that plus the fact that it is largely played with the feet), but discounting the other forms as "alternative sports" is unfair.

As for your other points, I'm pretty sure Lehmann is #1, though I'm probably hearing this from the same sources as you.

Also, Andrey Shevchenko's wife, Kristen Pazik, is hot. Let's just say that a Google Image search for her name is very revealing.

Last edited:
Yeah though it was a off topic to what I said , watta a off top :drool:

But one thing , is she really his wife , like those revealing photos are really from her ? And like did that happen before they got married or like , coz here I'm :huh: How come a wife of a star , one of best players in the world , very well paid goes down like that ?

Edit.: BTW Just read smthin interesting by Andriy , just like He said american Football as soccer , europeans and south americans etc..... should call American Football -> Soccer , thats Brilliant :wink: Now Roy Keane we get to know whats soccer , is that thing americans play :D

Last edited:
Kristen Pazik isnt that nice:huh:

pele thinks a african team will win the world cup soemtime in 20 years but not this year according to a ITV interview.

football sounds soo much better than soccer.

Yes , She IISS dude , or u a lady ?

Ahh Anyway , I'm still like this , is that really she , coz I thought , wow Schev's wife , like goin naked ?? :huh: 1st I thought this is fake , then I went , well maybe perhaps before She met him.....

One thing I had noticed and it came exactly as I thought , I was seeing the charac. of the players of Paraguay on the St. Alb. and noticed that all their defensers are small , one of the tallest Gamarra has only 1,80 m , which is low for a defenser . No Wonder they played with Norway , and they took 2 goals from air game , there's the way for England . Paraguay gotta pay a lot of attention on this game , otherwise they will be f'd up . And England there's no mistery , back to old game , which seems a good way to beat Paraguay.

the rockin edge said:
FIFA...Fédération Internationale de Football Association.

"Association football" is one term, and "football" and "soccer" (a mutation of "Assoc.") are both contractions of that term.

Call it whatever you like, I don't much care. I'm just pointing out facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom