The Octagon Bar aka The Harem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
calm down people

here you all have a tequila
it'll make you feel better!

I have the vaguest of memories, watching Dire Straits on TV at the time but that's about it. I was only 7! :D

[Edited because I can't subtract! :reject: :lol: ]

Last edited:
starsforu2 said:
I own the Live Aid Discs. Sadly, I've only watched the U2 part. I did watch it this weekend though. Showed it to a friend who had never seen it :D

*comes dragging herself into the bar with a half asleep hand and big bed hair*
*thunks down into the couch and lets out a big sigh*
wheres the bartender in here?
*looks around*
hey there he is:D

really? I just watched that with a U2 friend!
Too strange:wink:

I am really sorry if I offended anybody by my comments. They were totally off the cuff and I was just joking around re the haircuts.

My apologies to everyone and as it is pretty late over here I will head off now

Tania said:
I am really sorry if I offended anybody by my comments. They were totally off the cuff and I was just joking around re the haircuts.

My apologies to everyone and as it is pretty late over here I will head off now

dont worry about it, doesnt really matter at all.
liek you said it was off teh cuff
stick about, dont go...

When do you get off work Digsy?

"Wait!
Oh yes, wait a minute Mr. postman
Wait!
Wai-ai-ai-ait Mr. postman

Mr. postman look and see (oh yeah)
You got a letter in your bag for me (please please Mr.
po-o-o-stman)
I've been waiting such a long time (oh yeah)

:D

enajh2 said:
When do you get off work Digsy?

"Wait!
Oh yes, wait a minute Mr. postman
Wait!
Wai-ai-ai-ait Mr. postman

Mr. postman look and see (oh yeah)
You got a letter in your bag for me (please please Mr.
po-o-o-stman)
I've been waiting such a long time (oh yeah)

:D

sorry - computer died tehre

i finsh work about 6:30 - never works out taht way though, i'm normally here for stupid amounts of time afterwards

oh - i see!
i just saw the post man quote (duh)
only gonna be home late late but guarantees that'll be the first thing i'll be looking for!

Hey guys and dolls! :wave:

I'm glad the bar looks busy. The mother of %^&&& that hit me is trying to pin the accident on me even though her stupid daughter was GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!

So, bartender give me something nice and strong because I am seething with rage right now and my hands are shaking..... :mad:

angel_of_L.A. said:
Hey guys and dolls! :wave:

I'm glad the bar looks busy. The mother of %^&&& that hit me is trying to pin the accident on me even though her stupid daughter was GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!

So, bartender give me something nice and strong because I am seething with rage right now and my hands are shaking..... :mad:

:( ** Begins to make a Margarita for Angel **

I hear that Margarita's make people happy. Speaking of which I met a bonafied Jimmy Buffet Fan this weekend :yes: He said that it puts him in a happy mood. :scratch: ** Thinks that's what made me think Margarita's were happy drinks :huh: **

Justice will prevail. If someone is going the wrong way, it should be their fault and not yours. Just calm down without backing down. :D Sorry about the accident. They suck. Are you OK?

Hmmmm this is a *great* Margarita!!!!

:yes:

I feel much better now Tim, thank you. I'm doing alright, my car is dented but fortunately it happened in the parking structure and I wasn't going too fast and neither was she.

Jimmy Buffet eh? Margaritaville is a good song. Did I just say that? :ohmy:

On a side note, it's great to see you in the bar again. You were missed terribly.
:dance:

angel_of_L.A. said:
Hmmmm this is a *great* Margarita!!!!

:yes:

I feel much better now Tim, thank you. I'm doing alright, my car is dented but fortunately it happened in the parking structure and I wasn't going too fast and neither was she.

Jimmy Buffet eh? Margaritaville is a good song. Did I just say that? :ohmy:

On a side note, it's great to see you in the bar again. You were missed terribly.
:dance:

You're so sweet :hug: Saw your pics at the U2 cover band show from New Year's. Very cool :up: Thanks for missing me terribly, I had a great weekend and missed you all too! :hug:

I'm liking that the boys are playing around in the Octagon with you ladies. I can't be here all the time :rolleyes:

I am a little bummed that Ewen wouldn't leave that picture up of him in a kilt, I guess he didn't have the balls to do to show his *ahem* balls :lmao: J/K Ewen.

It's cool to see both you and Alan here on a regular basis. It really was a harem (and a fine looking one I might add! :sexywink:) with just me and all those U2 babes. :drool:

digsy said:
wow thats cheap - its like £30 here!

I wonder how much it would cost to ship it to the UK or Aus...cause I'd go and do all the legwork for you guys if you wanted me to. I just bought it! :hyper: AND I found a little Irish import shop and they sell Bewley's tea--I have been looking for it forever and now it's MINE! :dance:

angel_of_L.A. said:

*snorts* Yeah it was so your fault, angel, if people drive down the wrong way of streets you are supposed to yeild to their stupidity...NOT. Let's see that dumb broad try to argue that. :madspit:

hi, there was no picture of me wearing a kilt Tim. Just that one of me wearing my 'Bono' hat which I haven't taken down. I look in pain in that picture but just thought I'd pull a stupid face.

ewen said:
hi, there was no picture of me wearing a kilt Tim. Just that one of me wearing my 'Bono' hat which I haven't taken down. I look in pain in that picture but just thought I'd pull a stupid face.

The hat one was cool :up: Looked kind of like the B-man himself. I always wanted to give him an authentic one from my collection, (spent 4 years in the Air Force), but mine was actually camouflage not the flat green that you two have.

Well, I guess I can't make fun of your kilt anymore :sad: Well, it's still nice to have you around. Welcome to the party! :dance: Hell, I think you are the party! :laugh:

Oh, and explain Babylon to me, I think it was lost in translation. Is that related to the Harem?

Rebekah bought the pad next door and knocked a hole through to it. It's the hookah / shisha bar. Put down your drink, come in, grab a pillow and relax. Smoking in here is harmless to your health...make the most of it! lol

ewen said:
Rebekah bought the pad next door and knocked a hole through to it. It's the hookah / shisha bar. Put down your drink, come in, grab a pillow and relax. Smoking in here is harmless to your health...make the most of it! lol

I'm nervous with the hookah. I'm not sure I know how it works. Anybody wanna help me? :sexywink:

Are there any flavors I can choose? I heard there were different flavors...

starsgoblue said:

*snorts* Yeah it was so your fault, angel, if people drive down the wrong way of streets you are supposed to yeild to their stupidity...NOT. Let's see that dumb broad try to argue that. :madspit:

Well her mom is arguing that I was "speeding" up the ramp. Yeah, speeding is easy when there are speed bumps around. She's also saying that her daughter wasn't going "the wrong way" she was merely "turning around" to park. I asked her mom point blank, "Do *you* ever turn around on one way streets?"

Her mom remained silent and when she did finally answer, she said, "Well my daughter's car still needs to be fixed because it's badly damaged."

Well feck lady, so does mine!

*sigh* Anyhoo...these pillows in Babylon look mighty inviting. I think I'm going to plop down on one of them and try to figure out this hookak thing; it just looks so enticing! :)

angel_of_L.A. said:

I'm nervous with the hookah. I'm not sure I know how it works. Anybody wanna help me? :sexywink:

Are there any flavors I can choose? I heard there were different flavors...

you can read all you need to know about ithere. Might look scary to some but it's fine.

grab a cushion, oh you already have! (re your photo :sexywink:) and enjoy a smoke.

ewen said:

you can read all you need to know about ithere. Might look scary to some but it's fine.

grab a cushion, oh you already have! (re your photo :sexywink:) and enjoy a smoke.

Ahh thank you ewen!

Sits down and tries to smoke a strawberry flavored bowl...

*cough cough, watery eyes*

Whooo, this is strong stuff! :yuck: It's gonna take me a while to get used to this!

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom