The Greatest Movie Ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My problem with the second and third matrix films is how heavy handed the symbolism is. They told and incredible story with a lot of tact and delicacy in the first movie and seemed to completely loose the ability in parts two and three.

I totally agree with you there Dalton. And the sequels definitely have a different tone than the original film. The sequels are very much in line with the comic-book background the Wachowskis come from, and the style of those two films really compliments the comic approach to story-telling, which is usually very visual and showy. If I can take it for what it's worth, I usually find a great deal to enjoy, even love in the Matrix sequels. Reloaded moreso than Revolutions, but still.

Morpheus should've died instead of Trinity though, it would've made more sense.

I'm not sure why that makes more sense, but I'm sure it still would have been better than her crappy death scene.

Good thing the scene that immediately follows that is Agent Smith kicking Neo's ass all over that place.

Dalton said:

No doubt. I rewatched those movies awhile back. Its amazing to me how 1 & 3 are so brilliant while 2 is such utter crap.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more about 2. It's my favorite of the three, and I love all three to death. The whole 'alternate 1985' thing, and the fact that it's the only film where the DeLorean flies, plus the whole sports almanac storyline, and Marty going back to 1955 and seeing himself from the first film, and having to chase Biff all over the place to get the almanac back to prevent the awful events of alternate 1985 from happeing....genius. Fucking love it. 3 is the one that falters a bit, but it's still great.

Matrix, Pirates sequels don't match the first movie in the trilogy. As well as Shrek and Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen (or whatever the latest number is). Cash trilogies... :no:

Back to the future sequels are a lot more re-watchable, even if part III is the weakest. Sometimes Hollywood can get it right with trilogies (SW, LOTR, Indy, Bourne)

Back
Top Bottom