The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

Oh no I meant the main administrative building. Past the dean's office, admissions, etc....

Dorms provide their own unique bit of fun. Despite this I will be glad not to live in one in a few months.

Damn my university's lack of community spirit

Mind you, it's completely different at American unis. I almost feel as though i'm going to miss out on something (not a good education though) by not going to an American uni

coolian2 said:

Mind you, it's completely different at American unis. I almost feel as though i'm going to miss out on something (not a good education though) by not going to an American uni

Naw, just watch American Pie. You'll get the drift. :wink:

Dalton said:

I had sex with your mom on Sicy's couch w/o a catch-towel.

Ahhh. Now I see why. Though that's nothing compared to our (now closed) post-whoring sessions. :tsk:

coolian2 said:

You are not missing out on the debt all of us go into for American "uni"

I know one kiwi at an American school. Never asked him what the appeal was.

Dalton said:

True. I have NEVER masterminded the type of brilliance that you pulled off. I tip my cap to you all.

I wasn't even talking about the shit that went down last night. I was talking about the stuff we've been posting for about 5 days. The multiple threads we've had move past 1000 posts (though they should've stopped at 1000).

Varitek said:

You are not missing out on the debt all of us go into for American "uni"

I know one kiwi at an American school. Never asked him what the appeal was.

I already owe about $9000 NZ

That would be crippling if not for the wonderful government who decided to cancel interest payments on student loans

Varitek said:

Nope happens every semester. I think the NCAA wasn't happy about it, or whoever runs american club rugby.

Well, it's not like they're doing steroids or something.

coolian2 said:

I already owe about $9000 NZ

That would be crippling if not for the wonderful government who decided to cancel interest payments on student loans

How is NZ vs US exchange rate? I'm wondering at the severity. $9000 doesn't seen too bad when I consider I've got a friend who owes $84000.

the tourist said:

I wasn't even talking about the shit that went down last night. I was talking about the stuff we've been posting for about 5 days. The multiple threads we've had move past 1000 posts (though they should've stopped at 1000).

We seriously do not need poeple to go looking for these.

THough as much as I felt like I had no life spending hours posting in them, you'd have to be far worse to spend hours reading them once they are locked and dead and buried.

coolian2 said:

I've never seen American Pie as far as i remember.

American Pie 2 i've seen 2 or 3 times.

I've seen The Wedding too damn many times, and it wasn't funny the first time.

You aren't missing too much. That was my point. :wink:

the tourist said:

How is NZ vs US exchange rate? I'm wondering at the severity. $9000 doesn't seen too bad when I consider I've got a friend who owes $84000.

Their dollar is a bit lower than ours.

We've got a government that won't cancel interest rates on loans, though they won't make you pay interest while you're still in school...SOMETIMES.

Varitek said:

We seriously do not need poeple to go looking for these.

THough as much as I felt like I had no life spending hours posting in them, you'd have to be far worse to spend hours reading them once they are locked and dead and buried.

Who would have the patience to read something like that if they weren't involved in any way? I'd be bored stiff, and I WAS involved.

Varitek said:

Their dollar is a bit lower than ours.

We've got a government that won't cancel interest rates on loans, though they won't make you pay interest while you're still in school...SOMETIMES.

I heard you get 6 months to start paying once you're out of college.

BTW, thanks to the NZers and Aussies for still having a dollar lower than ours. It makes me feel slightly less bad about my place of citizenship.

Varitek said:
BTW, thanks to the NZers and Aussies for still having a dollar lower than ours. It makes me feel slightly less bad about my place of citizenship.
:up:

the tourist said:

I heard you get 6 months to start paying once you're out of college.

Yup for those who get approved to defer payment. (That's the stafford, which is the main gov't student loan. other loans might be different.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom