...talk about the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it's 86 degrees here. It's warmer here in Michigan than in Florida (and it's all cloudy, looking like rain...). :D

No rain here right now...just a lot of strong winds. I can look out my window and see the trees swaying around and stuff and hear the wind from inside the house.

There's rain off to our north and east, though...nasty storms coming through northeastern Nebraska and moving into Iowa. We've been under a tornado watch here this evening, but thankfully, the storms have all been missing us so far. I think we're gonna be okay. :).

Angela

I'm digging the rain.....not that it has been raining much, but it is getting cooler, ya can actually put a jumper on at night time now. Although it is still unseasonable hot for this time of the year, cant wait for winter though, this has been one long hot summer:drool:

Heh, weather people are funny. So our first tornado watch ended at 10 pm, then they posted another one for our area until 2 am, but thankfully, they wound up cancelling it after about an hour because nothing wound up developing and the storms that were around in this part of the country were dying.

So all in all, my town did not see a single storm today, just a few sprinkles of rain this afternoon. Yay. :).

Angela

fah said:
There was a big wind storm here today.

It has arrived down here.

Some of you may know that I work for an airline at a smaller airport in the midwest...well, when we get winds like this, things get pretty crazy. I watched our mid-afternoon plane take off, and it was pretty lear that the pilots had to fight to keep the nose of the aircraft down as it took off. :crack:

I called them after they gained some altitude to congratulate them on the take off. It was amazing.

nbcrusader said:
A heat wave just broke here in SoCal.

Yesterday's high for LA was 102 - the previous record was 96.

Heard about that. My dad used to live in L.A., and he said that it is not fun living there when it gets that warm. I'll take his word for it, LOL.

It's supposed to be awfully warm here today, too. It's supposed to get up to around 90 degrees. Yay for central air! :D. But it's supposed to cool right back down again tomorrow-only up into the 60s.

At least it's sunny out today. Windy, though. Very windy. It's funny-the weather forecasters have been wrong before about a lot of things, but whenever they say it's gonna be windy, they're always right about that.

Angela

cats and dogs
it's been raining solidly since daylight...that'll get the cabbages moving along nicely:up:
I can hear some birds squawking now, it's supposed to clear. I hope so, first soccer game tomorrow night. It's miserable in the rain...even for the spectators.

It's supposed to get hotter later this week here-back up into the 90s by the end of the week.

Which is odd, 'cause this morning it got down into the 30s and we actually had a frost advisory. Now it's up near 70 degrees, and sunny. And the temperatures will just continue to climb all week.

Up and down, up and down, up and down the temperatures go...

Angela

Still hot, hot. hot...

I worked in San Bernardino this morning and it was actually cooler by a few degrees that it was when I left home...I made my way back through the Inland Empire, Fontana, Colton and Ontario and by the time I made it to OC, it was cookin' again...maybe 103... :yikes:

It is *cold* in Birmingham. The high today was 65, it's in the 50's now and it's really going to be cold tonight. I was at a church function today and I overheard some people talking about how hot it is in Southern California. Damn! That's some contrast!

a cold westerly wind was blowing at the soccer game.brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Suddenly the mornings have become VERY cold here, makes it hard to get out of bed. The days are glorious though.
7.2 degrees o/n to a top of 24 during the day. Currently 13 degrees,chihuahua is shivering. Not a cloud in the sky...

Mr. BAW said:
Still hot, hot. hot...

I worked in San Bernardino this morning

Someone enrolled online in one of our fire awareness courses. We are in Australia and he is in San Bernardino. Long way to go to squirt an extinghuiser.

PS We had never heard of San Bernardino before now and now you mention it. spooky. :ohmy:

Been an odd little week here again-earlier this week we basked in 80 degree weather, then it got cold Wednesday night/early Thursday morning (get this-we got a thunderstorm about 12 midnight that lasted a couple of hours, and then it got into the mid 40s and we had a wind chill in the upper 30s, and the northwestern part of our state saw snow :huh: :coocoo:...), and then yesterday it didn't even reach the upper 40s, we still had a wind chill in the upper 30s, and it rained.

It was a nice day today, though-low 60s and sunny. :) (why, oh, why can't spring stay like that the entire time? Do we really need the severe weather?).

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom