Suri Cruise Unveiled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suri is adorable , although a bottle of Nair wouldn't be such a bad thing. Those pictures are almost enough to get me past my image of Tom as the creepy control freak who keeps Katie locked in the basement except on special occasions. Almost.

just got the email from CNN:

Larry King Live at 9:00 p.m. ET
on Wednesday, September 6, 2006

CNN Tonight: Exclusive Baby Suri Photos

Finally tonight, for the first time on TV,
all the pictures of Tom Cruise and Katie
Holmes and their new baby girl Suri!
You’ve seen the cover, but tonight, all
twenty-two pages of photos in Vanity Fair!
Plus, the editor who lived with the
Cruises for five days to get the photos!
What was life with the Cruises like?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw the pictures last night on the CBS News

She has so much hair! She's cute and pretty, beautiful eyes too.

Here's a bigger version

VANITYFAIR_600x453.jpg

She's very cute. She also looks alarmingly like a Monchichi (if you weren't alive in the early 80s, you'll have no clue what I'm referring to):

Monchichi.jpg

:ohmy:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

She's very cute. She also looks alarmingly like a Monchichi (if you weren't alive in the early 80s, you'll have no clue what I'm referring to):

Monchichi.jpg

:ohmy:

she does. I loved those things when I was a kid.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw the pictures last night on the CBS News

She has so much hair! She's cute and pretty, beautiful eyes too.

Here's a bigger version

VANITYFAIR_600x453.jpg

she's very cute! to me it almost seems like Bjork could be her mom.

They showed all the pics on Larry King this evening and spoke to the woman who did the interview (not Leibowitz) and spent 5 days at their house hanging out and taking some lovely pics (Leibowitz). There's a beauty of the 3 of them sitting on a hill with mountains in the background...

The pictures are lovely... I wish Annie Leibovitz could photograph for my family. LOL.

Last edited:
They're gorgeous, Suri is beautiful

Seems the editor who wrote the article may have a bias. The way she talked about them on Larry King was silly..everything and everyone was "incredible"

http://teenink.com/Past/2005/December/19577.html

Who are a few celebrities you‘ve met?

"My favorite is Tom Cruise, because he was really interested in my family and my children. He‘s making a movie about my brother Jon. I don‘t mind Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio ... I have to be honest, though, Tom is my favorite.

NY Times

Critic's Notebook
A Rich Coat of Gloss on a Trajectory Spiraling Down
By CARYN JAMES

Sometimes the fine print says it all: “Suri’s onesie by Petit Bateau; socks by Baby Dior.” What 5-month-old has a stylist? Or photos taken by Annie Leibovitz?

Just when Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes needed to prove that they were regular human beings and not — as their downwardly spiraling images have it — flakes, Vanity Fair landed on newsstands yesterday with 22 pages of photographs and an interview that accomplish just the opposite. The extravagantly orchestrated photo shoot reveals a media circus masquerading as ordinary life, and speaks to the devil’s bargain some celebrities make with the public.

As Leibovitz photos go, these are not among her best. The magazine cover, with Suri tucked inside her father’s jacket, evokes a famous 70’s photograph of Paul McCartney with his infant daughter tucked in his jacket, taken by his wife, Linda. The derivative picture is shrewdly calculated in a different way, though. Both parents have their eyes down, gazing at Suri, who stares directly at the camera; it’s a photograph that says, “Look, it’s not about us, it’s about her.”

But of course it is entirely about them, with Suri as their beautiful little prop. In a dozen other pretty but ordinary photographs (with another fashion credit for Suri’s dress), many in close-up and one set against the Rocky Mountains, they gaze at her and beam. But these are hardly private moments.

The story, written by Vanity Fair’s features editor, Jane Sarkin, describes how she, Ms. Leibovitz and what she calls “a small crew” (there are credits for hair and makeup people and a stylist) secretly holed up for five days and nights at the 400-acre Cruise estate in Telluride, Colo. They arrived during a family visit that included 15 Holmeses and a gaggle of Cruises, including his mother, sister and the children he and Nicole Kidman adopted when they were married, Isabella and Connor.

There is one family portrait of Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11, with the new parents and baby. That’s another shrewd move; any parent knows you have to include the older children. And there is a 1996 photo, also taken by the trusted Ms. Leibovitz, of Mr. Cruise and the older children. The way those children have been shielded — they haven’t been hidden from the public but haven’t been paraded, either — is admirable, instructive and entirely different from the Suri circus. Parents, even celebrities, who want privacy for their children usually manage to find it.

But if you announce your romance on “Oprah” and your engagement at an international news conference, you can’t complain about press coverage later; that is the compact Mr. Cruise and Ms. Holmes implicitly made with the public. Yet now they’re actually complaining. “It eats away at me because it’s just not O.K.,” Ms. Holmes says in the Vanity Fair interview about the hurtful gossip, ranging from stories that Mr. Cruise bought his own sonogram machine during her pregnancy (“We were followed by paparazzi, and so my doctor had to make house calls,” she explains) to crueler rumors that Suri, who seemed to be hidden away, didn’t actually exist. Ms. Sarkin’s complicit article describes “the prying public eye” and the “scoop-starved public” greedy for Suri images. But who asked anyone to pry other than Suri’s own parents, he laughing maniacally and she giggling endlessly before the cameras? No one really thought Suri was imaginary or some creature from another planet. The press was simply expecting what the Cruise-Holmes publicity machine had conditioned them for: more displays of a family life that only the Cruise camp can possibly see as normal.

Ordinary parents protect their children, as Isabella and Connor seem to have been guarded; that’s an impulse the public can identify with in the celebrity game. Suri’s parents might have gotten more mileage out of releasing a modest family snapshot and leaving it at that, shutting down the media frenzy without inventing a bigger show of their own. A show is clearly what they were looking for, but the entire over-the-top operation — the famous photographer, the photo so hyped it was revealed on Katie Couric’s first newscast as CBS anchor Tuesday — carries a whiff of desperation.

It’s almost as desperate as Mr. Cruise’s recent apology to Brooke Shields (offered just in time for her to mention it on the “Tonight” show) for his public attacks on her use of antidepressants. What he really needs to do is ask his former publicist, Pat Kingsley, to forgive him for firing her and take him back. He needs somebody on his side who can convince the public that he knows the difference between a celebrity photo shoot and real life, whether he actually knows the difference or not.

Last edited:
I could probably sell mine on ebay if it werent missing a thumb.. :slant: :der:

conspiracy theory posted on http://janetcharltonshollywood.com/gossip/conspiracy/conspiracy_theory_20060906.php
http://socialitelife.com/2006/09/07/suri_cruise_conspiracy_rumor_of_the_day.php

This is a good one (just a theory):

The story goes that when Katie Holmes split with her exboyfriend Chris Klein in March 2005, she may or may not have realized she was pregnant with his baby. She started dating Tom in April, 2005, and according to this tale, when Tom found out she was expecting, he not only didn't MIND , but he insisted on taking credit for the pregnancy. They abruptly got engaged in June 2005. Since the baby was scheduled to be born too soon into their relationship, Tom and Katie faked the birth date. She actually gave birth months EARLIER than the announced birth. She wore padding for the last few months after the REAL birth, and made sure she was photographed. In case you don't remember, Suri's announced April 18 birth was oddly undocumented - there were no hospital records or specifics. Where WAS Suri born? Tom and Katie didn't want their baby photographed because it would be apparent that Suri wasn't newborn. After a few months it's not so easy to recognize a baby's exact age. Have you noticed that Suri has uniquely slanted eyes like Chris Klein?

:hmm:

My aunt was storing all of my old toys. She sold all the good ones (including Strawberry Shortcakes, my Monchichi, and my most beloved Alf) at a yard sale, then lied about it and claimed they'd never been there. The only ones she had left were mysteriously the ones that were too worn out to sell :mad:

didn't Katie Holmes give birth on the same day as Brooke Shields in the same hospital? Or was there much secrecy to that as well to put that in doubt?

:crazy:

U2Girl1978 said:
conspiracy theory posted on http://janetcharltonshollywood.com/gossip/conspiracy/conspiracy_theory_20060906.php
http://socialitelife.com/2006/09/07/suri_cruise_conspiracy_rumor_of_the_day.php

This is a good one (just a theory):

The story goes that when Katie Holmes split with her exboyfriend Chris Klein in March 2005, she may or may not have realized she was pregnant with his baby. She started dating Tom in April, 2005, and according to this tale, when Tom found out she was expecting, he not only didn't MIND , but he insisted on taking credit for the pregnancy. They abruptly got engaged in June 2005. Since the baby was scheduled to be born too soon into their relationship, Tom and Katie faked the birth date. She actually gave birth months EARLIER than the announced birth. She wore padding for the last few months after the REAL birth, and made sure she was photographed. In case you don't remember, Suri's announced April 18 birth was oddly undocumented - there were no hospital records or specifics. Where WAS Suri born? Tom and Katie didn't want their baby photographed because it would be apparent that Suri wasn't newborn. After a few months it's not so easy to recognize a baby's exact age. Have you noticed that Suri has uniquely slanted eyes like Chris Klein?

:hmm:

:applaud: Yep, I am willing to bet money your theory is correct! I just don't think Katie is really completely happy -she doesn't look genuine in the photos, Interesting.......and where DID this birth take place? Private home with midwives? Hospital? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................It will be interesting if Tomkat have a 2nd child, won't it.

Interesting theory...I think there's a possibility. Katie got big very quickly in the early stages, so maybe...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom