Springsteen V ~ Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that it was odd on election night.
I am kind of picturing Bruce with his tequila all lined up, ready for some celebrating tonight.

I've never liked My Hometown. It's insanely dull.

When I was a kid, my cousins and I would write out the lyrics to our favourite songs. This was one of them...when I was 10-years-old. :wink: It's since become one of those songs that's grossly overplayed, and not really representative of his greatness--a little like Dire Straits' Sultans of Swing, in that way.

I love this photo/quote, from Backstreets:

news110208c.jpg

"...I saw myself less as a partisan for any particular political party, than as an advocate for a set of ideas. Economic and social justice, America as a positive influence around the world. Truth, transparency and integrity in government. The right of every American to a job, a living wage, to be educated in a decent school, to a life filled with the dignity of work, promise, and the sanctity of home. These are the things that make a life, that build and define a society. These are the things we think of on the deepest level, when we refer to our freedoms." --Bruce Springsteen, November 2, 2008

A January album would be incredible. :drool:

How did the conservative Springsteen fans deal with all the Obama love this season?
They're the reasons I don't bother to post on any of the Springsteen boards.

I don't know about them, but months ago when he put his support behind Obama, I felt pretty awkward about it, since I was a Hillary supporter.

I don't know about them, but months ago when he put his support behind Obama, I felt pretty awkward about it, since I was a Hillary supporter.

If you're sitting in the pews, and the minister states that he loves onions, while you love sardines, you don't necessarily have to leave the church. ;)

If you're sitting in the pews, and the minister states that he loves onions, while you love sardines, you don't necessarily have to leave the church. ;)

You raise a valid point :p. I didn't feel TOO weird, it was more of an immediate reaction thing before common sense took hold. A lot of it had more to do with fans on backstreets who took that as a moment to start in bashing everyone who was a Hillary supporter. As if Bruce approved or something. Does that make sense?

You raise a valid point :p. I didn't feel TOO weird, it was more of an immediate reaction thing before common sense took hold. A lot of it had more to do with fans on backstreets who took that as a moment to start in bashing everyone who was a Hillary supporter. As if Bruce approved or something. Does that make sense?

Bruce would not approve! (I don't think.) Ultimately, it's a great thing to have differing and contrasting opinions.

Anybody know if its going to be a solo Bruce album, or will it be with the E Street Band?

the sound of "Workin on a Dream" is making me think it could be Bruce on his own,
a follow up to "Devils & Dust with a more optimistic view.

Is there any hint at all that a Darkness remaster is coming out? I was just thinking about it, probably because I'm listening to Darkness

Oh, and this:

"WORKIN' ON A DREAM" TO PREMIERE ON SUNDAY
Are you ready for some football? Well, even if you're not, you'll probably want to tune in to the Cowboys/Redskins Sunday Night Football game on November 16. As NBC's Al Michaels announced last night: "Next week we'll have the world premiere of Springsteen's new song 'Workin' on a Dream' set to NFL highlights at halftime at next week's game." Springsteen performed an acoustic version of the new song last week in Cleveland; this will be our first chance to hear the studio recording.
- November 10, 2008

Bumping the thread to remind Bruce fans to watch Monday Night Football halftime show tonight for the new song.

.... or, you know, just get it on the internet later. ;)

No Cori, it's tonight's football game!

ETA: oh wait, you said tonight, but just wrote MNF :lol:

yes, I have it on.............I have my old tv hooked up to my old stereo so I can tape it (old school cassette :lol: ), plus I have the vcr set to go.
A little happy about a new song? I think so :hyper:

A second Harley Fest Bruce popped up on Dime :up:

A good day it is.

World premiere of a song should definitely include football soundbites :doh:

Ohh well. I still only think it's half-decent. And I really think that's because of Patti's voice.

Eh. I'm not a fan of the mid-tempo stuff, especially if it's supposed to get me all excited about a new album. (Is this supposed to be a single, or just a random song that may or may not be from the next album that may or may not be coming soon?)

I realize it wasn't the whole song, and there was random grunting and body slamming throughout it, but it didn't do anything for me.

I mean, whistling? Really?

Seriously. Radio Nowhere was what made me buy Magic, and which then got me into Springsteen in general. That was a kick ass pumping song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom