Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Space Moon Part II
From the first thread:
Originally posted by Mountain Dew Ma
alright, the SPACE MOON v1 contest is now underway.
It will work like this. Each pairing will be up for voting for a pair of days. If you win, you move on Space Moon. If you lose, you party with Unicron, Jack Bauer, and the Trekkies on Space Moon, so you win no matter what. We will start a new pair each day, so there will be a few days where you can indeed vote on two matchups.
Starting today and ending Tuesday midnight EST (so technically wednesday midnight)
Crown vs. Love u2 adam [ending Tues midnight] *(Crown won)
starting Monday: MDM vs Bonos Lemon [ending Wed midnight]
starting tuesday: COBL vs AB [ending Thur midnight]
starting wednesday: AOD vs LMP [ending Fri midnight]
starting saturday: both semi finals, ending monday midnight
Starting tuesday: finals, ending thursday midnight.
We will keep it all in ONE space moon thread, even if its to the chagrin of Space Mooners. I dont want to have Space Moon 2784927384 matchup threads up in hurr and i check every page anyway so i'll keep a running tally.
So, let Space Moon v1 officially...Space Moon. Just Space Moon it.™
Originally posted by AtomicBono
if more would like to receive space moon tunes, simply leave email address in this thread
Originally posted by Mountain Dew Ma
Here are the submissions:
Stress - Organized Konfusion
Over the Counter - Talib Kweli & Madlib
Without a Face - Rage Against the Machine
Hey! - MF Doom
Offspring - Del tha Funky Homosapien
Ballin' on a Budget - Nappy Roots
Laces Out, Dan - The Fall of Troy
Agent Orange - Pharoahe Monch
Ghetto Musick - Outkast
Childz Play - Cee-Lo & Ludacris
Oh No - Mos Def
Squeegee Man Shooting - El-P
Cats Van Bags - Atmosphere
Streamline - System of a Down
Universe - Alien Ant Farm
Mostly hip hop; if you aren't open to it then don't bother listening. This is the realest, the illest: the raw breed. This is the bleeding edge, whether on the fringe of paranoid politics as in Over the Counter or Agent Orange, on the fringe of poverty but still Ballin' on a Budget, or thrashing with Laces Out, Dan on the fringe of sanity. But more than anything else, this is simply music that I like to listen to. Enjoy.
EXPLODING HEAD SYNDROME
AtomicBono's SpaceMoon playlist made on the moon in space
1. U2 - Do You Feel Loved
2. Outkast - Skew It On The Bar-B
3. Bloc Party - Hunting for Witches
4. The Fall of Troy - F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
5. Controlling the Famous - Detox
6. Rage Against the Machine - Testify
7. Alien Ant Farm - Mas Sur
8. Cadence Weapon - Holy Smoke
9. Dredg - It Only Took a Day
10. Interpol - Rest My Chemistry
11. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
12. Wilco - Hummingbird
13. Editors - Bones
14. Muse - Eternally Missed
15. John Murphy - In the house - in a heartbeat
This is music that I like. It will probably make your head explode.
1. The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the Devil" - Beggars Banquet (6:28)
2. The Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" - Ill Communication (2:58)
3. U2 - "Until the End of the World" - Achtung Baby (4:40)
4. Pink Floyd - "Another Brick on the Wall, Pt. 2" - The Wall (4:00)
5. David Bowie - "Queen Bitch" - Hunky Dory (3:19)
6. The Shins - "New Slang" - Oh, Inverted World (3:50)
7. Bob Dylan - "The Man in Me" - New Morning (3:07)
8. Arcade Fire - "Rebellion (Lies)" - Funeral (5:10)
9. Isaac Hayes - "Theme from Shaft (Vocal)" - Shaft [Soundtrack[ (4:36)
10. Beethoven vs. Kanye West - "Beethoven's Fifth Gold Digger" - Mash-Ups FTW! (3:13)
11. Star Wars - "Admiral Ackbar Please" - The Jazziest Fucking Song Ever (2:04)
12. Wilco - "Heavy Metal Drummer" - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (3:06)
13. The Kinks - "This Time Tomorrow" - Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One (3:21)
14. Radiohead - "Gagging Order" - Go to Sleep [Single] (3:35)
15. Muse - "Knights of Cydonia" - Black Holes and Revelations (6:01)
What is Space Moon? Is it a real Space Moon? Is it only in our minds? Like Gozer, Space Moon is whatever it wants to be. Now, when I go to Space Moon, I'm taking these badass space tunes with me. Being the Desert Island nerd I am, the list hopefully has some sort of flow to it, I don't know. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, fellow Space Mooners
Angel Or Devil:
1. Womble Of The Universe - The Wombles
2. After The Gold Rush - Neil Young
3. Everything in Its Right Place - Radiohead
4. Rocket - Smashing Pumpkins
5. All Over the World - Pixies
6. Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn/Uranus/Neptune/Pluto - Space
7. Keith Moon Drum Solo - Keith Moon
Based on the 1986 book of the same title, this is the official soundtrack of Benny The Blob Goes to the Moon. It's a story of a little creature who didn't quite fit in, and his quest for discovery--both in himself and in the universe beyond! Enjoy the spacey tunes!
...After growing up with a fondness for outer space, Benny contacts Mr. Whiskers, the local NASA space agent who lives next door. The two team up for some vigorous interstellar training, and Benny is soon ready to explore! Benny lifts off from Earth. "It's AMAZING!!" he loudly yells. The colours, the stars...it's everything he's ever dreamed about. After circling the earth, Benny heads for the moon. As the giant white orb gets closer, he has a sudden realization: He's alone. Or so he thinks! A closer look inside a deep crater reveals something interesting...something slithering. A snake? thinks Benny. No...it's another life form! The creature looks up, and smiles. "Hi, I'm Jake, the Friendly Bacteria...pleased to meet you!" Benny and Jake instantly become friends. They collect some moon dust and rocks. Eventually Benny has to leave, and make his return to Earth. Jake is very sad. Benny has a plan. "Would you like to come to Earth for a visit?" he asks Jake. "Sure!!" Jake says, "I'd love it!" The two blast off, and return to Earth. After returning, Benny suggests that Jake go to school with him for a few weeks. The two share stories with Benny's classmates, and Benny is happier than ever! Eventually, Jake returns to the moon on a special capsule, but leaves knowing he's made a special friend. Now, every night, when Benny looks at the moon, he knows there is so much more to discover. When Jake looks down on Earth, he thinks of Benny, and all of the amazing creatures he has yet to meet.
1. The Place You're Supposed to Be - Alibi - Before the Early Beyond the
2. I Want You (She's So Heavy) - The Beatles - Abbey Road (7:47)
3. Run to Paradise - The Choirboys - Big Bad Noise (4:06)
4. Are You Satisfied??? - Evermore - Dreams (4:19)
5. Amazing - Alex Lloyd - Watching Angels Mend (3:23)
6. Us and Them - Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (7:40)
7. I Dream - Paul Colman Trio - New Map of the World (4:44)
8. The Ground Beneath Her Feet - U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind (3:44)
9. Song For Bob Dylan - David Bowie - Hunky Dory (4:12)
10. The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan - The Times They Are
11. Fall at Your Feet - Crowded House - Woodface (3:18)
12. Travellin' Man - Bob Seger - Beautiful Loser (2:41)
13. Do I Have to Say the Words? - Bryan Adams - Waking up the Neighbors
I was thrilled when this went up, so I jumped at the opportunity. Well done
MDM!! The song I chose to kick off with a song called "The Place You're
Supposed to Be" which is a song by my cousin's band Alibi. They will be
unknown to all, and I wanted to give them some exposure. Plus the song is
really upbeat, and that's why I wanted to use it. Next up is "I Want You
(She's So Heavy)" by The Beatles. I have loved this since I got it, just
because of the driving guitar and bass. Another energy-filled song. Next is
an Aussie favourite, "Run to Paradise" by The Choirboys. Another happy, fun,
guitar-driven upbeat song that I really love. Some good Aussie rock
exposure. The chorus is awesome. Following is Evermore's "Are You
Satisfied???" which I love because of the sort of drifting sound of the
vocals, plus it has great guitar. One of my favourite Evermore songs. Next
is "Amazing" by Alex Lloyd, another Australia, with a great voice. Some may
have heard it in Mazda (?) ads. Very uplifting, feel-good. Following is "Us
and Them" by Pink Floyd. A band that I have only recently gotten into, this
song is amazing. The vocals are superb, especially in the chorus
Next is "I Dream" by Paul Colman Trio, who were a now-broken-up Christian
Rock Band here in Australia. One of my favourite songs, with really
uplifitng lyrics that make you see there are good people out there. Then
comes the compulsory U2 track. I have used "The Ground Beneath Her Feet"
which I have loved from day one. Sensational muscianship on this track, and
great when it finally unleashes. Next is a song I have only had for about
two weeks, "Song for Bob Dylan" by David Bowie. Really liking it, and a good
fun rocker with great feeling in the vocals. Then there's "The Times They
Are A-Changin'" by Bob Dylan. This was a bit of hasty choice, but it is a
favourite of mine, and a nice bring-me-down as we get into the back part of
the playlist. Next is Crowded House's "Fall at Your Feet" which is a really
beautiful song with and instantly lovable chorus. Wonderful vocals from the
maestro Neil Finn. Good Aussie band The penultimate track is "Travellin'
Man'" by Bob Seger, a man my Dad got me into many years ago. Probably my
favourite song of his. It's only short but really cool. Nice sing-a-long.
Good feeling and good guitar. Lastly is a song for the Canadian contingent,
"Do I Have to Say the Words?" by Bryan Adams. Another artist dad got me
into. Beautiful song about relationships, with heart-wrenching guitar. Great
vocals. The kleenex song.
And that's it! I just wanted to put together a playlist showcasing some
Aussie music, that was overall uplifting. Thanks for listening!
love u2 adam:
Christina Aguilera - Dirty
Da Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rock Star
Eminem - Fack
Fabolous - Diamonds
Fergie - Glamorous
Gillette - Short Dicked Men (fave song eva!)
Gwen Stefani - 4 In The Morning
Gym Class Heros - Clothing Off
Kelly Clarkson - Miss Independent
Len - Steal My Sunshine
Lil Kim - How Many Licks
Loads Of Acid - Stripper
P. Diddy - D-I-D-D-Y
Pussy Cat Dolls - Beep
Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive
ya i know now my rep as being a good music fan has been shot damn it!
Crazy Ass Bonus Track Is:
50 Cent- In Da Club
Mountain Dew MAN:
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
Ours - Drowning
Warrant - Cherry Pie
K-OS - Sunday Morning
Cake - Comfort Eagle
Toadies - Possum Kingdon
Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
Bloc Party -Rhododendron
Timbaland w/ Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake - Give it to me
Rihanna - Umbrella
Damien Rice - Rootless Tree
U2 - Dirty Day
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 1
Basically...I like this music. It's diverse...so I expect everybody to pretty much love one or two if not more of the songs and everybody
to hate one or two if not more of the songs on the list. but it's all good in the hood here on Space Moon.
1) The Office - "Theme Song"
2) Blaqk Audio - "Semiotic Love"
3) Da Rude - "Sandstorm"
4) Rock Kills Kid - "Don't Want to Stay"
5) Hellogoodbye - "Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn (Remix)"
6) The Bravery - "An Honest Mistake"
7) Black Eyed Peas - "Pump It"
8) Motion City Soundtrack - "Everything Is Alright"
9) Taking Back Sunday - "Liar (It Takes One to Know
10) Rise Against - "Prayer Of the Refugee"
11) AFI - "Hearts Frozen Solid, Thawed Once More By
The Spring of Rage, Despair and Hopelessness"
12) Jimmy Eat World - "Pain"
13) Tenacious D - "Karate"
14) Disney - "Just Around the River Bend"
15) Mama Cass Elliot - "Make Your Own Kind of Music"
16) Haddaway - "What Is Love?"
17) The Killers - "When You Were Young (Jaqcques lu
18) Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone (live acoustic)
19) Tegan and Sara - "Walking With a Ghost"
20) Placebo - "Five Years (live acoustic cover)"
21) Gym Class Heroes - "Taxi Driver"
22) Sufjan Stevens - "One Last Woo-Hoo for the