South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ian! :wave:

ha, this is true! :wink:

oh yeah, i just woke up a couple hours ago. and i totally slept through when ashley came through here :mad:

And he will be living on a vineyard. :drool:

Hah, oops. Now I don't feel so bad for sleeping longer than I'd intended.

So, shall I share more pictures of places I'd love to live in New Zealand? Because I just looked up Lake Matheson for the hell of it, since one of my most vivid childhood memories is of visiting it, and I promise you, it's even better than this picture would indicate:

800px-LakeMatheson.jpg

Shame it's in the middle of nowhere on the West Coast ...

Ashley is now driving through Cumby, Texas :)

:lol:

ooh, nice! :up: not to sound rude, but maybe you could inherit the place when he passes away?

yeah, i feel bad. and ha, at least i made you feel better! :wink:

Hah, that would at least work out nicely in my favour. The perks of being an only child! Unless he decides that the kids of his stupid partner count ...

i love it axver :love:

When I went to Lake Matheson, it was the early morning, beautifully clear day ... I'm a sucker for the early morning in the first place, always have been, and with the mountains reflecting on the lake ... :drool:

(We went to the top of Mount Tasman by helicopter later that day too. Good times. My mother was going to walk it up Fox Glacier, but she was the only person who wanted to do it that day and they required a minimum of two people for the guide to make the trip!)

Hah, that would at least work out nicely in my favour. The perks of being an only child! Unless he decides that the kids of his stupid partner count ...
i know what you mean! my dad has another daughter from his first marriage, but i already know what i'll be inheriting (god i sound morbid). i feel bad though, they're leaving me everything and his other daughter is getting $1. he even put it in his will!

i know what you mean! my dad has another daughter from his first marriage, but i already know what i'll be inheriting (god i sound morbid). i feel bad though, they're leaving me everything and his other daughter is getting $1. he even put it in his will!

:laugh: It, uh, sounds like things between him and his other daughter are a bit estranged.

I'd be pissed if any of my father's partner's kids got anything since there's no relation there, and I sure as hell don't consider them family or anything. Hell, I haven't even actually met them, just the grandkids. Who are snotty, whiny brats.

When I went to Lake Matheson, it was the early morning, beautifully clear day ... I'm a sucker for the early morning in the first place, always have been, and with the mountains reflecting on the lake ... :drool:

(We went to the top of Mount Tasman by helicopter later that day too. Good times. My mother was going to walk it up Fox Glacier, but she was the only person who wanted to do it that day and they required a minimum of two people for the guide to make the trip!)
if i lived in a place like that, i would be too! :drool:

ooh, awesome. being in a helicopter would probably scare the shit out of me, but i'd probably be able to make an exception there.

if i lived in a place like that, i would be too! :drool:

ooh, awesome. being in a helicopter would probably scare the shit out of me, but i'd probably be able to make an exception there.

... now I want to go to the South Island really badly. But no, when I walk outside, it's just going to be bland inner Melbourne suburbia. Yawn.

It was fun! Shame we didn't go to the top of Mount Cook, the highest mountain in New Zealand, but Mount Tasman is second highest! It was a great time. Now I'd also like to do the walk up Fox Glacier, partly because all of the glaciers are in rather worrying retreat ... though that does make the walk shorter. :wink:

:laugh: It, uh, sounds like things between him and his other daughter are a bit estranged.

I'd be pissed if any of my father's partner's kids got anything since there's no relation there, and I sure as hell don't consider them family or anything. Hell, I haven't even actually met them, just the grandkids. Who are snotty, whiny brats.
yeah, unfortunately. it's a long story though. a stupid story.

yeah, i know what you mean. it's the same thing with my grandmother. she married again and i swear sometimes she obsesses more over her stepchildren than me :rolleyes: i don't view these people as family at all. when i met them at my grandpa's funeral, they were a bunch of stuck up assholes.

... now I want to go to the South Island really badly. But no, when I walk outside, it's just going to be bland inner Melbourne suburbia. Yawn.

It was fun! Shame we didn't go to the top of Mount Cook, the highest mountain in New Zealand, but Mount Tasman is second highest! It was a great time. Now I'd also like to do the walk up Fox Glacier, partly because all of the glaciers are in rather worrying retreat ... though that does make the walk shorter. :wink:
oh darn, it must be tough living in melbourne :wink:

it sounds fun! and ha, that is true about it being a shorter walk now. maybe you should wait a bit before going so by then it'll be a tiny hill! :giggle:

yeah, unfortunately. it's a long story though. a stupid story.

yeah, i know what you mean. it's the same thing with my grandmother. she married again and i swear sometimes she obsesses more over her stepchildren than me :rolleyes: i don't view these people as family at all. when i met them at my grandpa's funeral, they were a bunch of stuck up assholes.

Ugh, lame. I make a point of just steering clear of family bullshit. Some nonsense happened on my mother's side earlier this year, so my simple solution is just to avoid the antagonistic parties entirely and not even worry about it.

Yeah, they're not family, and I sure won't appreciate it if Dad decides to consider them on the same level. Especially because I can't stand his bloody partner. Sure, they may turn out to be nice people, even if their mother's a cunt and their kids are ill-behaved whingers with no sense of humour, but ... putting them on the same level as actual family seems iffy to me.

oh darn, it must be tough living in melbourne :wink:

it sounds fun! and ha, that is true about it being a shorter walk now. maybe you should wait a bit before going so by then it'll be a tiny hill! :giggle:

:lol: These photos have made me really not feel like walking outside to bad sixties architecture and shit. I'd like to go for a walk somewhere scenic, especially as I'm sick of sitting around inside. Shame there's no retreating glaciers around here!

My paternal grandmother's the same way, all about her husband's grandchildren rather than her own. I can count the number of times I've seen her in the last decade or so on one hand.

So am I. Want to go climb a glacier in New Zealand? I can be there in a few hours!

I'll buy it for you if you buy the South Island for me.

Done deal! I'll buy you a few dwindling glaciers (and wandering sheep), and you can buy me a couple of sandy acres of outdoor living at its undeniable finest. we can write long rambly letters to each other on our surrounds, and all that stuff. Penpals, like in the old days.
:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom