Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Volcano seems like a terrible E-stage song that sounds thin in their live mix based on what I've seen/heard on videos, but maybe someone who has seen it live can shed some light.

It was actually pretty great live. Great energy-the crowd was really into it. Adam's bass was a thumping.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I know you haven't a fucking clue about rugby so no those words don't hurt. :lol:

Say something mean about Kane Williamson, on the other hand, and I will HUNT. YOU. DOWN.

I think Sleep Like a Baby would be fine in an arena setting, the guitar outro would be fantastic live. With the screen they could easily craft something to translate that song into the show.

As for Volcano, agree with Mikal, thought it was fun live, a lot better e stage song than some of the other more "Ordinary" songs they played there.

I know you haven't a fucking clue about rugby so no those words don't hurt. :lol:

Say something mean about Kane Williamson, on the other hand, and I will HUNT. YOU. DOWN.
You mean this guy?

images

I didn't realize Matthew Bellamy took a break from pretending to be paranoid to play Fucked Up Baseball.

Pretty sure PFan will now never be permitted entry to New Zealand. If he were ever on a plane to have an unexpected stopover in Auckland, I expect the consequences to be much like when Lyle Lanley's plane made an unexpected stopover in North Haverbrook.

One thing that's not being talked about enough is that in a few days we should have a great audio rip of the HBO concert. Hopefully it's not soiled with promotional shit though.

This is horrible, horrible stuff. I've been to concerts at Bataclan before. Thinking of the hostages there is just awful.

Last edited:
Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

The right thing to do would be cancel the show tomorrow, especially if there's still hostages. Horribly sad and angering. What the heck goes through these people minds.
Prayers to the victims.

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

Awful. But I'm not sure how easy it is to just call off a concert broadcast that's been planned for months that HBO's been heavily promoting.

Terrible situation all around. I hope the hostages are released unharmed.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Last edited:
It's terrible, and I AM glad to know that the band are OK. And there's probably zero chance the shows go on.

But seriously fuck anyone whose first thought was about the band.

Is Bono okay?

I'm afraid to go to The Other Place to see if anyone posted this in all seriousness.

Yeah, this is going to be a huge mess Whenever they reschedule this, I imagine it's going to be a pretty cathartic show. Could be one for the books. Though perhaps it's not the kind of experience they would want to record for posterity. The worst outcome would be using one of the rehearsal nights, no?

Tough call all around. At the risk of sounding cliche, cancelling the show is letting the terrorists win, by the definition of the objective.

Someone started a thread about whether the show will still be streamed. I and others were furious about this. Apparently I am on a high horse because I think that's classless.

I'm afraid to go to The Other Place to see if anyone posted this in all seriousness.

Yeah, this is going to be a huge mess Whenever they reschedule this, I imagine it's going to be a pretty cathartic show. Could be one for the books. Though perhaps it's not the kind of experience they would want to record for posterity. The worst outcome would be using one of the rehearsal nights, no?

Tough call all around. At the risk of sounding cliche, cancelling the show is letting the terrorists win, by the definition of the objective.
I think they have to scrap the whole plan.

Cancel the show, it's not important. What's important is the safety of the band and the fans, who gives a shit about the HBO special

I think not cancelling the shows would be a bad decision. I don't think anyone would be motivated to go to a concert or even do a show barely 24 hours after these events occurred.

So fucked. 100 plus dead at that concert hall. I saw Eagles of Death Metal live about 7 or 8 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom