Sexmoan, Pampanga, Philippines Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could've just not piked, since he turned up around when you left. :tsk:
I am in so much sleep debt. :crack:

Sup Ali. :wave: Yeah, not too bad. Described some of my day a page or two ago. But it got better - I saw some beautiful Newfoundlands at the show. :love: $1800 for a puppy from a breeder, though. :sigh:
:cute: .... :yikes:

Well, at least you get a lot of dog for your dollar!! How much does it cost to feed them?

Also, I think it'd be pretty mad if you did something different for the 100k. Something completely rad as.
:yes:

It's a sign of the End Times, Bonnie. Prepare to be Raptured.
The black holes are coming!! *panics*

I could guess that, since AXVER'S TOO SCARED OF HIS FORMER HOME, but it'd be bloody obvious that you're cheating :tongue:

Ax's former home... ? :ohmy:

I don't think our affiliation is really known outside of the superthread, Ali - so you can just give it a shot, and I'll say it's a mad coincidence. :happy:

I am in so much sleep debt. :crack:

Somehow, I managed to initially read that as "deep shit". :lol:

The black holes are coming!! *panics*

The LHC: Finding natural explanations for everything, including whacked out religious phenomena like the Rapture.

On a completely unrelated note to anything, I just looked up one of my oldest posts. The U2 tracklist I'm listening to now reminded me of it. I think this was my third or fourth post on Interference. It strikes me as mildly hilarious just what song choices I made (and some very notable choices I DIDN'T make): U2 Feedback - View Single Post - What would your 1980-2002 Best Of tracklisting be?

(It's quite clearly from the days when I hadn't a fucking clue how to tracklist either.)

On a completely unrelated note to anything, I just looked up one of my oldest posts. The U2 tracklist I'm listening to now reminded me of it. I think this was my third or fourth post on Interference. It strikes me as mildly hilarious just what song choices I made (and some very notable choices I DIDN'T make): U2 Feedback - View Single Post - What would your 1980-2002 Best Of tracklisting be?

(It's quite clearly from the days when I hadn't a fucking clue how to tracklist either.)

Haha, wow.

"15. Some Days Are Better Than Others
16. Bad"

Yes, I can't say your tracklisting was top form then.

Ax's former home... ? :ohmy:

I don't think our affiliation is really known outside of the superthread, Ali - so you can just give it a shot, and I'll say it's a mad coincidence. :happy:
:uhoh:

I am pathetic.

*rulebreakingphobia*

Maybe for the sake of moving the game on....

Somehow, I managed to initially read that as "deep shit". :lol:
It all adds up the same way eventually! :lol:

It strikes me as mildly hilarious just what song choices I made (and some very notable choices I DIDN'T make): U2 Feedback - View Single Post - What would your 1980-2002 Best Of tracklisting be?

6. Stories For Boys
7. Exit
8. Out Of Control
One is morbidly curious. One must try this.

I only have about 20 PLEBA posts, some of which were made in EYKIW before a thread was moved ...! :madspit:

Good cause = Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein or similar.
Which just goes to show that you WOULD have posted in those threads if they and you were both in PLEBA, so nyah. :tongue:

Maybe I should instigate a "Lure Axver into PLEBA Again" campaign... Wild and GG would be in on it, I'm sure... :hmm:

Haha, wow.

"15. Some Days Are Better Than Others
16. Bad"

Yes, I can't say your tracklisting was top form then.

As a matter of fact, that is quite likely the first tracklist I ever made in my life. I think the worst part is ASOH --> Zooropa.

Looking through some other old posts, it seems I used to really love Stories For Boys and wanted either it or ADWM to win Boy Survivor. I don't remember that AT ALL.

One is morbidly curious. One must try this.

I can see Exit --> OOC somewhat working, though better live than studio. But SFB beforehand? I have no idea what I was thinking.

Which just goes to show that you WOULD have posted in those threads if they and you were both in PLEBA, so nyah. :tongue:

Maybe I should instigate a "Lure Axver into PLEBA Again" campaign... Wild and GG would be in on it, I'm sure... :hmm:

Not necessarily. Some of it's probably just me pissing on a thread and wondering why it's in EYKIW rather than PLEBA.

I promise you, it won't succeed. Unless there's something good in it for me. Trains and chocolate consistute acceptable bribery.

I can see Exit --> OOC somewhat working, though better live than studio. But SFB beforehand? I have no idea what I was thinking.
Possibly, "hey, that's an up-tempo song, Exit is kinda loud in parts..."?

Maybe I've been listening to Twenty Four Hours too much lately... but I think maybe Adam was too when they did SFB. Or Joy Division of some sort. Assuming JD were around then... *clueless*

I promise you, it won't succeed. Unless there's something good in it for me. Trains and chocolate consistute acceptable bribery.
Until I see those DVDs, you're in my debt for chauffeuring services... :evil:

Possibly, "hey, that's an up-tempo song, Exit is kinda loud in parts..."?

Maybe I've been listening to Twenty Four Hours too much lately... but I think maybe Adam was too when they did SFB. Or Joy Division of some sort. Assuming JD were around then... *clueless*

Unknown Pleasures came out in 1979, and Closer came out in 1980, a few months before Boy came out. Martin Hannett produced 11 O'clock Tick Tock in April 1980 just after producing Closer. Ian Curtis hung himself in May 1980. U2 were very much listening to Joy Division, and Bono's said it especially influenced October - and A Day Without Me and Treasure are both about Ian Curtis.

Until I see those DVDs, you're in my debt for chauffeuring services... :evil:

I could very much turn the tables on you, Ali. I just discovered a goldmine that makes Khan's stash of Embarrassing Ax Posts look like nothing. :evil:

Unknown Pleasures came out in 1979, and Closer came out in 1980, a few months before Boy came out. Martin Hannett produced 11 O'clock Tick Tock in April 1980 just after producing Closer. Ian Curtis hung himself in May 1980. U2 were very much listening to Joy Division, and Bono's said it especially influenced October - and A Day Without Me and Treasure are both about Ian Curtis.
... Do you have an automatic trivia reflex or something?? :lol:

I didn't know that about ADWM or Treasure... Or I forgot. Same diff!

I'd rope you into our work trivia nights, but I don't think obscure U2 stuff comes up much.
OH!! The last one I went to, there was a tram question though... it was "what's the name of the free tourist tram service". ... der. Even I knew that one. :D

I could very much turn the tables on you, Ali. I just discovered a goldmine that makes Khan's stash of Embarrassing Ax Posts look like nothing. :evil:

.... halp

I don't suppose you're in a certain forum that shares its initials with a certain Kentuckian poster here??

There's a great and early arseholic quote from Bono regarding this subject. I think it might even be on the wiki page for Ian Curtis.

Oh, here it is more or less:

U2 released the song "A Day Without Me", about Curtis's suicide, as the lead single from their 1980 debut album Boy. An oft-repeated anecdote by Tony Wilson [citation needed lol] is that when U2 visited Factory Records, U2 frontman Bono said when Curtis was alive he was the best frontman in rock and he himself was only number two; Bono pledged to take Curtis's place.

Then again, it is Tony Wilson.

... Do you have an automatic trivia reflex or something?? :lol:

I didn't know that about ADWM or Treasure... Or I forgot. Same diff!

I'd rope you into our work trivia nights, but I don't think obscure U2 stuff comes up much.
OH!! The last one I went to, there was a tram question though... it was "what's the name of the free tourist tram service". ... der. Even I knew that one. :D

:laugh:

I actually question that understanding of ADWM, though, since a demo of the song existed prior to Ian Curtis's death. I haven't paid close enough attention to the demo's lyrics to see if the song was thematically changed by Curtis's death, though.

And ha, that's easy. Shame they aren't asking "What's the oldest operational tram in Melbourne?" or anything (SW5 728, from 1939).

.... halp

I don't suppose you're in a certain forum that shares its initials with a certain Kentuckian poster here??

Not quite. I would advise you to go to the Statistics section of your Profile and view all threads you've made. Don't worry, I haven't actually read any, but the subject lines are quite enough to indicate their potential worth in future. :evil:

There's a great and early arseholic quote from Bono regarding this subject. I think it might even be on the wiki page for Ian Curtis.

Oh, here it is more or less:

U2 released the song "A Day Without Me", about Curtis's suicide, as the lead single from their 1980 debut album Boy. An oft-repeated anecdote by Tony Wilson [citation needed lol] is that when U2 visited Factory Records, U2 frontman Bono said when Curtis was alive he was the best frontman in rock and he himself was only number two; Bono pledged to take Curtis's place.

Then again, it is Tony Wilson.

You know, as much as that would seem to fit with Bono's ego, I just don't buy it. Well, depending on the year it happened. It we're talking 1980-82, I don't buy it. War onwards, I can believe it.

Ashley, you're still up at 8:30am? :uhoh:

And Ali, it's only just occurred to me that a Johnny Farnham snippet could be forced into U2's Surrender. :lol:

Yay, I just found out the song that plays when Ian Curtis puts on The Idiot near the end of Control. Some very recent New Order track. I loved it in the movie.

Bonnie, I love how Carek demanded that the iSpy game move on for some reason :lol:

She's taking it so seriously! I don't want to and I shouldn't, but I'd like to see how far this can go. I would be really surprised if that thread means that much to her. Maybe she didn't want me joining her click?

Oh, and how are you feeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom