Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just walked a mile on the treadmill in 20 minutes exactly. A walk around the lake is 3 miles and about 45 minutes. I have a little work to do to get my mile down plus work myself back up to 3 miles.

I don't like your day tomorrow either ( of course I am not fond of mine either but it at least does not include a speech ~ I get nauseous thinking about giving speeches ~ not much of a pep talk there, sorry)

Treadmill. I miss the treadmill from PT.

I am thinking that I am allergic to work. The headache is coming back :mad: bedtime a good idea, I think.
night all :wave:

speech wasn't all that bad. I picked 2 thing I didn't like and one that was ok. I could have put all 3 back and picked again but I just went with the ok one, which was describe the hardest thing you've ever had to do in your life. That one was easy to talk about but hard to do in a minute. The hardest thing I've ever done was giving up my dream of being a Chef when I was 17 because I couldn't find an affordable school close to home :( I don't know what I said. I'm sure most people don't remember their speeches either. The minute outside in the hall preparing my speech felt like 1 second but then of course the speech itself felt like 10 minutes to get through. Thankfully I was one of the first people on the list so I got it over with early. She pulled our names out of a hat to determine the order.

Anyways....1 icky thing down 1 more to go. I think the interview will be ok. It's not like I'm interviewing for my dream job. I just think I'm nervous because this is a taste of what's to come in the next few months when I really am interviewing for jobs that matter.

I think the interview went ok. I really liked the person I met with today. She was talking to me like I already had the job before she met me. She asked when I could start, I said tomorrow! Then she had me fill out a background check so hopefully I haven't done anything in my past that would stop me from getting this job :rolleyes: I should know soon. They said they really liked the idea of me working from noon to 5:00 the 3 days a week I said I was avaiable, 1 day off and then 1 day I need be out of there by 3 to get to meetings at school. Wow. My current employer laughed when I proposed those hours to them. :mad:

arw9797 said:
I think the interview went ok. I really liked the person I met with today. She was talking to me like I already had the job before she met me. She asked when I could start, I said tomorrow! Then she had me fill out a background check so hopefully I haven't done anything in my past that would stop me from getting this job :rolleyes: I should know soon. They said they really liked the idea of me working from noon to 5:00 the 3 days a week I said I was avaiable, 1 day off and then 1 day I need be out of there by 3 to get to meetings at school. Wow. My current employer laughed when I proposed those hours to them. :mad:
So glad that they seem to be willing to work with you. *crossing my fingers for you*

I have a job!!!!! :drool:

It's not what I had in mind but unfortunately most of the bakeries that I know of that need holiday help are looking for people who can work until 6:00 pm or later :mad:

So retail life it is. I negotiated for a little more pay than what was offered and he immediately said yes and then continued on with after the holidays, if I do a good job, he'll give me a pay increase. I've worked retail long enough to know that he could have fit it in his budget to pay me even more than what I asked for. Whatever. It's a job that fits in with my school schedule at a store I like to shop in. Plus I can wear jeans :love: and it's in the middle of school and home so I won't have to worry about sitting in heavy traffic after work or driving around town all day long.

I'm a little sad about giving up my last few months of freedom but it's only 20 hours plus the 10 or so that I work at the other place. Today is my 7 month anniversary of leaving my full time job. 7 months is a long enough vacation right? :uhoh: If I didn't want a new computer before I leave to my still unknown externship I probably wouldn't be doing this. But my poor computer is begging me to let it go soon. :sad:

shari schultz said:
Employee discount on Sam Adams? :love:

:ohmy:

:combust:

My TJ's used to sell Sam Adams but it doesn't anymore. Bummer. We do, however, have Woodchuck Cider, which I used to drink by the case in college, and the little woodchuck calls to me whenever I walk through the wine and beer aisle...

Mirasou Reisling is a REALLY good wine to get a World Market employee discount on!

Schmeg said:

:ohmy:

:combust:

My TJ's used to sell Sam Adams but it doesn't anymore. Bummer. We do, however, have Woodchuck Cider, which I used to drink by the case in college, and the little woodchuck calls to me whenever I walk through the wine and beer aisle...

Mirasou Reisling is a REALLY good wine to get a World Market employee discount on!

Cider + Guinness=:drool: :drool: :drool:

everyone keeps asking me about the discount! It was never brought up, I never thought to ask either. It'll be nice to get a discount for some stuff my mom needs for a shower she's having in Dec for my cousin. Otherwise I don't think I'll buy much.

My manager thinks I'm going to be a dept head after Jan and has never once asked what my plans are for the future. I've been more than open with the fact that I'm in Culinary school right now. :shrug: It's money for the next 2 months and that's about all I care about. They kept asking me if I have any questions abou the job or if I have a problem just being a cashier for 4-5 hours a day. Nope. Just want a steady paycheck so I can stop drooling everytime I go the apple store and actually buy something. I'm totally convinced I need to get a new computer from apple after seeing so many happy mac users at school and so many unhappy other computer users.

:uhoh: I just heard a creepy noise outside. I think the ducks are gone for the season. :hmm: :(

This is not a good day to have a job that deals with the public. I am tired and cranky and the headaches are still around. Whatever bug is in my system needs to go away. Thank goodness vacation begins on Sunday.
Looking forward to 7 tonight..........home, dinner, bed.

I got a flu shot today so school tonight should be great fun. :(

I also got my haircut for the first time in over 2 months :drool: It was a mess! My whole head feels so much lighter now :love: It's amazing how an extra month can make a huge difference.

arw9797 said:
and an hour later........I hate my computer :madwife: It froze up on me for 10 minutes and started beeping. :yikes:

:scream:

Mine's been doing the same thing (well, not for 10 minutes, but the same thing). Ironically, I was coming to post about it when it froze up again.

I got this from one of my scammer guys today (the same one that posed with the goat and sheep)

Majeed.jpg

I'm beginning to think this guy is just a beginner scammer :reject:

Oooo computer issues. Sorry guys. Not fun. Mine is running slow and I am in denial about it.

kelly, I personally think that the goat in the scammers artwork needs to be wearing a beanie :wink:

Gee I wonder what Schmeg is doing :hmm:

Originally posted by shari schultz
Gee I wonder what Schmeg is doing :hmm:

I was listening to Indianapolis "fans" chat through a REALLY good Ryan Adams show and reading hyper text messages from my brother.

13-1, sheesh, did the Rox even attend that game?!

Back
Top Bottom