Randooom in a pink cowboy hat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:
Also I'm also probably a bit bitter about how the Australian media & public glorifies them, when I've always felt Crowded House who should be getting at least some of the kudous.
you should talk to beli about this. really. :D i'm sure she'd LOVE your opinion on this.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:tries to hold back the :rant:: okay, what do you consider their boring, repetitious music? just so i know where you're coming from?

Wow. I didn't mean to be that harsh. For example I think a large portion of The Swing and the songs on X I didn't list before (with maybe one or two exceptions) I would probably class as "throw away" or forgettable. :shrug: They just don't float my boat.

I dig the general vibe on WTWYA & LLT... sometimes that individual songs aren't really there but the vibe flows through.

I haven't really listenet to them that intensley... maybe most albums 4-5 times. So I may well be wrong - and some things are a grower. Especially with me. Do you challange me to listen to them a few more times do you? :wink:

Queen Bee said:
Have you been fast forwarding the movie, fah? Unless it's short and I'm spacing on time...

Nope I'm watching it and not fast forwarding. It's only 92 minutes long. According to the dvd scene selections...I am at scene 26 of 28.

timothius said:
Do you challange me to listen to them a few more times do you? :wink:
YES. yes i do. especially...omigor...the swing and x, i love those albums. here's my rating of all their albums:

1. listen like thieves
2. underneath the colours
3. the swing
4. x
5. shabooh shoobah
6. kick
7. inxs
8. welcome to wherever you are
9. live baby live
10. elegantly wasted
11. full moon dirty hearts

and yeah, some of those albums are a grower. listen like thieves i got into right away. but the swing i HATED at first. i just couldn't stand the album. but then i gave myself the task of taking one album a day and listening to it all day, no skipping of tracks. it grew on me and i love it. it was a different sound for them, they never made another album like it before or after it.

their last two albums were a disappointment. full moon dirty hearts is so top heavy, i can't stand to really listen to what would be considered side b, i stop after please (you got that...) because the rest is so :yawn:. and elegantly wasted would've been better i think had michael not been so messed up. if he'd used that break the band took and got himself cleaned up, i think the album would've been a lot better. the album has its bright spots, but really it's only the three singles that are good. i'd rate live baby live higher if it were from one actual concert instead of spliced from several like U2 do with their live cds.

KhanadaRhodes said:

YES. yes i do.

Challange accepted.

I'll see how I go.

But I need to know does Beli agree or disagree? :hyper: Not many people have an opinion on the idol worship of INXS in Australia.

Has the INXS reality show started in the US yet? It starts here in 2 weeks? Does it break you're heart? It does? I'm sorry. :sad:

timothius said:
Does she agree or disagree? :hyper:
:giggle: let's see:

taken from this thread (click on the link below to skip to her post):

Originally posted by beli
Shabooh Shoobah is one of my favourite albums ever. I'm still pissed about the 1982 (?) Countdown awards where Split Enz won everything and Shabooh Shoobah won nothing. I couldnt listen to Split Enz/ Crowded House for years after I hated them that much for beating such a brilliant album. :huh:

timothius said:
Challange accepted.

I'll see how I go.

But I need to know does Beli agree or disagree? :hyper: Not many people have an opinion on the idol worship of INXS in Australia.

Has the INXS reality show started in the US yet? It starts here in 2 weeks? Does it break you're heart? It does? I'm sorry. :sad:
goooood :rubs hands together: you can start by going here as i just happen to have a thread going on about an inxs song in B&C with a link to download a song. i doubt you have the cd it's on. :D

i already answered your question, it just took me a while cuz i wanted to have links to back up my claims. :D

no, not yet. it starts july 11th. i don't know what to think, honestly. i'm thoroughly pissed that they're doing this under the inxs name. bands have replaced lead singers in the past, i mean look at ac/dc, there's another aussie band where the lead singer died. and van halen has done it thrice just because, none of the singers died. but to go on television and do it american idol style? yeah, way to cheapen michael's death, guys. :tsk:

fah said:
Should I save it for when you and Khan come over to babysit :D
:hyper:

i just thought, i should bring valomilks over when we come to babysit. it's up to you fah as to whether or not we share them with the mini fahs or not. wouldn't want to spoil their dinner or anything. :D

1982 Countdown Awards... that would've been Time & Tide. Which is a great album (albeit completely over rated in Enz/House circles). Honestly I have no idea. The Countdown awards are shams anyway. But I would dare say Split Enz earned them. But she probably hated the teeny-bopper following they had at the time. Split Enz are a lot better band to look back on now, then it would be if you were there. Crowded House validates everything that happened in Split Enz. It's like how Joshua Tree on validates the pretty simple stuff from Boy & October.

I think she is wrong, but I'm keen to know more about what happened. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom