Random Music Talk XXXVIV: Straight Outta Moncton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperor said:

Ah yes, my post is laughably incomplete: the weather is shit too.

I would love to see Galveston and Corpus Christi though. My uncle used to live in the former, but he's since moved so I have no excuse to go. Someday.

We got back from Canada with no issues today.

Tomorrow I am headed up to Washington D.C. to a meeting and then taking a client to the Nationals/Braves game. I then head to California on Wednesday to meet up with another client in Anaheim (planning on being at the stadium both nights). One or two flights every day this week. I am looking forward to staying at home and doing nothing this weekend.

I've spent a great deal of time in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and I hate it for the most part. Personality-free, nothing geographically interesting, and there are fucking Cowboys fans everywhere. Friggin metroplex.

Never been to Austin, but my impression of Texas so far hasn't been great.

Dallas is one of the most godawful places I've ever been to.

Austin is really nothing like it.

Interestingly enough, when I had that dance scene flash into my head last night, Mobvok was part of it....but since I've no clue what he looks like, his avatar danced in his stead.

IN HIS FUCKING STEAD.

So there's some info for you.

Also, at work today, I made decisions.

Geez, I can't officially quote from the closed thread? I guess I'll go unofficial:

And I met Cori (she was as nice as I imagined her to be)

Until I punched you in the face. BAM! YEAH!

Was really great to meet you, and even talk to you for more than 30 seconds ... which is all the BoMac time I got. That's hilarious about the beach ball thing, though.

Where did you end up?

And yeah, I completely lost my shit when I saw Adam get a new guitar - I just new it was going to be Out of Control. God, I was happy.

It was a fantastic show. Despite all the misery caused by the driving and the camping and the rain and the endless driving, I'm glad I went. Was so glad to be hanging with Zoney & Megan.

Also, arcade fire was fucking amazing. Best opener ever.

TRUTH. They were so great. I loved whats-his-name throwing the drum into the pit from the bridge and then sheepishly having to ask the guy who caught it to throw it back.

Cathal said he saw Bono standing in the entrance tunnel, dancing away to Arcade Fire. I really hope he got video of that. :lol:

Really glad to be home.

Thank you, joyful, for saving my cookies by calling me and helping me locate the iPod hole. A friend had lent me a little battery-powered speaker, but it wouldn't have lasted the whole way, and I had no way to recharge it.

Good times in Moncton (how often do you think that phrase is uttered?)

I did not learn that it's pronounced Munc-ton until Bono kept saying it onstage.

"Muncton. Muncton! Mmmmmmmuncton!"

Also, belatedly: mobvok, I LOVE Tug of War.

I mean, it's got Ebony and Ivory, but it's got Take It Away, Wanderlust, Here Today and the title track, which is great.

Austin is really nothing like it.

This is good to know; as a hipster fuckhead, I'm destined to wind up there.

Cori: I couldn't figure out how to pronounce Moncton (which comes up as a spelling error in Firefox) either until U2BROTHR (which didn't come up as a spelling error) brought it up in the Chicago GA line. Not that I'm ever going to need to know how to at any point in the foreseeable future.

Peef, to answer your email which I unceremoniously deleted, yes. Google Music does take forever to upload. Think it took me about two weeks. But it's been an absolute godsend at work.

Geez, I can't officially quote from the closed thread? I guess I'll go unofficial:

Until I punched you in the face. BAM! YEAH!

Was really great to meet you, and even talk to you for more than 30 seconds ... which is all the BoMac time I got. That's hilarious about the beach ball thing, though.

Where did you end up?

And yeah, I completely lost my shit when I saw Adam get a new guitar - I just new it was going to be Out of Control. God, I was happy.

It was a fantastic show. Despite all the misery caused by the driving and the camping and the rain and the endless driving, I'm glad I went. Was so glad to be hanging with Zoney & Megan.

TRUTH. They were so great. I loved whats-his-name throwing the drum into the pit from the bridge and then sheepishly having to ask the guy who caught it to throw it back.

Cathal said he saw Bono standing in the entrance tunnel, dancing away to Arcade Fire. I really hope he got video of that. :lol:

Really glad to be home.

Thank you, joyful, for saving my cookies by calling me and helping me locate the iPod hole. A friend had lent me a little battery-powered speaker, but it wouldn't have lasted the whole way, and I had no way to recharge it.

I did not learn that it's pronounced Munc-ton until Bono kept saying it onstage.

Glad you had a great time - what a show it must have been, while most of us were going apeshit in the case that there was no stream. :lol:

So yeah, I've been in an Arcade Fire mood today - "Ready To Start" in my case, great song. Need to start checking out new music since U2360 is over. :wave:

They opened with Ready to Start. So perfect.

Oh man, at Lolla last year, The National wrapped up with Terrible Love and Arcade Fire started with Ready To Start immediately afterward and Ashley and I had to race across the field to get our spot. Great times.

Peef, to answer your email which I unceremoniously deleted,
You son of a bitch.
yes. Google Music does take forever to upload. Think it took me about two weeks. But it's been an absolute godsend at work.
I've been running it for about four hours and it's not even at 1000 songs.

I still have no idea how this whole cloud thing works, but I assume having my music uploaded multiple places can probably help.

Where did you end up?

Ended up on the outside rail, right in the middle. I think about 3 people from the rail. Perfect spot

wait, how have you guys been pronouncing it then???

The way it's spelled, dagnabbit. With the 'o' the same way as you'd say "mom" and not a "u" like in "mum."

Impy, go see Russian Circles for me. They're like my 3rd fave band right now. Also, Impy, Black Angels are playing in fucking MARFA TEXAS. In September, so I can't go. If it were on August 24th instead, I'd probably consider going.

I have my hand up, then I clap, then I appear to pick my nose

Picture26-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom