Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and the Gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's cozy here. We have cake that tastes like licorice.

For some reason last.fm is only scrobbling from streaming services, which makes me depressed at how much I care about the stats of what music I listen to. Like, do I really like a band more if I have three hundred more plays?!

(In all seriousness because I'm winding you up Cobbler, what's a non Speakerboxx Outkast album that you'd recommend? I'm trying to listen to a new album every day, and someone challenged me to listen to a Nickelback album, so I might as well actually listen to another Outkast album to see if I'm truly never going to get it.)

(In all seriousness because I'm winding you up Cobbler, what's a non Speakerboxx Outkast album that you'd recommend? I'm trying to listen to a new album every day, and someone challenged me to listen to a Nickelback album, so I might as well actually listen to another Outkast album to see if I'm truly never going to get it.)

Listen to ATLiens. Still their finest hour for me.

Nahhhh you and djerdap can go fuck yourselves.

What's the matter, Cobbler? No snappy comeback?

liamcool, try Aquemini

What's the matter, Cobbler? No snappy comeback?

liamcool, try Aquemini

you forgot about two things, my black balls.

that's for Niels. you should know by now that I don't have a snappy comeback. I've never had a snappy comeback. I spend 10 minutes making a new RMT thread and it still has mistakes in the title.

I am going to listen to Death Cab For Cutie's album Plans tomorrow because a girl I really really like said I should and it gives me a reason to send her a textual message.

At the airport.

Line is 30 deep for Starbucks. No one at Caffé Vita. Win.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Which airport? Teterboro?

THEREFORE G4S AT THE CLEARPORT
WHEN IT COME TO TOOLS FOOL I'M A PEP BOY
WHEN IT CAME TO DOPE I WAS QUICK TO EXPORT
NEVER TIRE OF BALLIN' SO IT'S ON TO THE NEXT SPORT

I'm gonna make myself another drink, eat an apple pie, some plain chips and chocolate biscuits, watch a couple episodes of Pokemon, then go to bed and regret everything in the morning. Night.

You and my brother are the only diehard T-Swift fans that I know and you both love Ed Sheeran. This is as scientific as I am willing to get.

Cobbler, for your own good, don't listen to these boys. Women love Death Cab. It's just a fact. You listen to Plans, damn it.

Are you suggesting that Speakerboxx was the album that you gave Outkast it's only chance with?

Damn, man.

Also, I feel you on the scrobbling. Ever since mine got messed up a few years ago, music listening has been a little less fun for me. Not a lot less, but a touch enough that I've noticed. I know it's silly, but once you spend that much time tracking music, for it to not work as well is just a damn pity.

Alright, through a series of unfortunate events stemming from my excessive need to drink, I have to go to a Sara Bareilles concert next week. I know nothing about this customer beyond her big hit song that soundtracks those tablet commercials. What should I be expecting here and/or should I just get shit-hammered?

She can be a lot of fun, honestly. Brave was the cheesiest adult contemporary song I've yet heard from her and I was super disappointed by it. But, I'm not going to sugar coat it: She is Adult Contemporary. She sings that song "Love Song" (I'm not gonna write you a love song, cause you asked for it 'cause you need one) and my personal favorite of hers, "King of Anything" is also a bit of a snappy track. But she's certainly not bad and I would imagine you could enjoy yourself without getting "Shit-hammered". After all, isn't this what got you into this position in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom