Random Music Talk XCIII: IN-VIII-SI-COCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few thoughts:

Bono still trying to cram in too many syllables on his verses, but it's not coming off as strained as usual when sung.

The canned beat it begins with and "heartbeat" that comes in later def trying to remind people of Beautiful Day.

I expected this to be harder? Like after the chorus I thought it had kicked in for good but dropped back out for the second verse...really prevents this from becoming as anthemic as it could have been.

Most impressive: this really doesn't sound like U2 until Bono starts singing. Round of applause for DM and the band.

Pretty damned catchy.

Your thread title reminds me, I really, because of the invisicock title, thought that this was going to sound like magnificent. And then the delivery of invisible was anything but the same pronunciation.

So, concerning the "edit". How long would this have to be for them to cut it down? If it was like 4:30 I don't think they would bother.

Is the album version over 5 minutes?

This song is definitely impressive.

Makes me wonder what the hell the hold up is with the album.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

My assumption is that the album version might be slightly different or longer?

That seems more likely than the real lyrics being "There is no fucking them, only fucking us."

... although I suppose it could explain why he drags out "them" for so long. :hmm:

:wink:

I like it too, but I also liked Get On Your Boots for a month or so before realizing how stupid it was.

:wink:

Holy shit, this is poppy as hell. The vocal melody in the chorus is really different for the band. Ready for that Top 40! The "more than you know-ooo-whoa-ooo-whoa...body and soul-ooo-whoa-ooo-whoa" hook is really strong and, like I said, something about the delivery of the title just does not really sound like U2 at all. It actually does sound pretty youthful.

Again, like Ordinary Love, I think it ends too abruptly. Oh well. It says this is just an edit.

"I don't even think of you that much..."

BONO IS DON DRAPER IN THE ELEVATOR TALKING TO GINSBERG!!!

Oh my god, seeing clips from the video got me all giddy. The crowd chanting works well in the context of the video/song.

Just got off a plane to see (!) that Invisble is now available. Finally. I really like the groove and intro, and it is catchy. Seems like fresh enough territory for them. Not a fan of the lyrics, though. But man, they really do need to announce the freaking album and ride on Invisicock's coattails.

I'm not sure if I like the song all that much, but it is definitely exciting to hear a bit of a new direction. If nothing else, I'm more excited to hear the whole album thanks to this.

I listened to it four times in a row, then put on something else.

... I'm itching to go back to the song, though.

Back
Top Bottom