Random Music Talk XCIII: IN-VIII-SI-COCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found it already.

Nice.

And yeah the earlier lyrics may have been more evocative.

Thanks Cobbler for posting that link in the last thread. Now I get to hear this on my drive up to the mountains today. My U2-hating friends will let me listen to it only once, though, I'm guessing.

Happy InvisiBowl, everyone!

I feel I'm 19 and just dropped E for the first time, again :lol:

Sound about right? :wink:

I really like it but I'm still bitter from the whole June thing. The fact that this song is really good makes me even more angry that the band is getting cold feet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

This is naturally an obvious hint that they'll play it live on the next tour.

Man, if full-band Acrobat ended up being a regular on the next tour, almost nothing else would matter for the diehards...not the new album, not the rest of the tour, nothing.

I like Invisible. Wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I like it. Some of the production reminds me of Stay(Faraway, So Close).

What strikes me the most, perhaps, is that it's the most melodic lead single(if it's the lead single) since perhaps WOWY.

Yeah, I like it, it's definitely growing on me.

After OL and this though, I hope there are some rock songs on the new album.

The whole commercial is on YouTube. (I won't link it, in case some want to wait it out.)

It's gorgeous.

I'm still happy.

Please link it. And then the people that want to wait can just not watch it.

Perhaps in a spoiler tag?

Oh man, a bunch of people are gonna make fun of that goofy robotic Bono strut on the catwalk.

But like Gordon Beckham always says: "Don't care."

Oh man, a bunch of people are gonna make fun of that goofy robotic Bono strut on the catwalk.

But like Gordon Beckham always says: "Don't care."

I was thinking that too. A lot of haters will enjoy that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

If in a month or two, he likes the song less, will that bring you joy?

No.

I'm counting on a week or two.

That's a joke by the way. Because it really is a silly question to begin with.

Lol, it's not like I was saying it's the best lead single since WOWY - I'd certainly take The Fly and Discotheque and maybe Numb and Beautiful Day over it - I just meant that in terms of verse melody, it's the most melodic in a while, considering Bono's near speak-singing in the verses of Boots and Vertigo, and The Fly for the matter, even though The Fly kicks ass. And Edge's mono-tone delivery in Numb.

That was my point.

But I do like the song quite a bit. :up:

No.

I'm counting on a week or two.

That's a joke by the way. Because it really is a silly question to begin with.

It's not all that silly to me when you consider who it is I'm asking. You're just so persistently negative, and, more or less braggadocios about it that I sometimes wonder if you do in fact derive glee from such things. I guess I just get confused because this is still a U2 fan site, so, you more or less should expect people to lean towards liking their material as opposed to disliking it. You dislike most if not all of their recent output, never hesitate to remind everyone of that, and take the extra step of mocking the band's lead singer in your avatar - which is all fine, I don't lose any sleep over it - but it does sometimes make me wonder why you're here.

So, you'll forgive me if you and your ceaseless negativity cause me to wonder if you do, in fact, get pleasure from such things. You might not see it as a legit question but I'd not have asked it if I didn't mean it.

One thing I like about the song is that Bono isn't shoving the work "Invisible" in our faces. For some reason, I was really concerned that "Invisible" would become embarrassing ala "Magnificent".

Overall I'm really pleased by this. I don't know if this song will be their huge "hit", but I think it will reach out to more circles than GOYB did.

Back
Top Bottom