Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, forgot you guys were doing it now. I should have been more circumspect. Just chuck an e on the end when you get a chance!

Haha, I ended up swapping out my post because I had a feeling that's what you were referring to.

And it's mostly just Travis right now, really. I'm just posting shit to Twitter.

Oh good, the Grammys cut off Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age and Dave Grohl. Also known as the only music performance I was looking forward to besides Daft Punk.

Sigh.

Were the Grammys on delay? Are people still watching now? Just in case:

I just saw the Album Of The Year clip on YouTube, and I was strangely moved by the long embrace of the Daft Punk duo before they walked up to the stage. I admire their commitment to staying "in character", and while the album isn't perfect, what a refreshing win in this category. It's hard to judge different genres of music against each other, so the nominations and winners often seem preposterous. But it's nice to see electronic artists getting recognized in such a big way. Also, Paul Williams turned out to be a great representative to make the speech.

So I burnt an effigy of The Other Place in my onesie, as monkeyskin suggested. I spelt the acronym wrong because I was very drunk, and I forgot to hold a shuttlecock (I bought a fucking set for $10 for the very purpose) but here yas go.

837893B8-E072-4ADB-91BA-4C7635942A78_zps5oyz6ees.png

The good news was that you were too drunk to remember wearing that.

And then you took a picture.

So I burnt an effigy of The Other Place in my onesie, as monkeyskin suggested. I spelt the acronym wrong because I was very drunk, and I forgot to hold a shuttlecock (I bought a fucking set for $10 for the very purpose) but here yas go.

837893B8-E072-4ADB-91BA-4C7635942A78_zps5oyz6ees.png

This is really just a depressing and sad picture.

Housemate is watching Devil Wears Prada. I'm sitting in the same room not really watching it, but just heard City of Blinding Lights... man, that is just such a good song. Amazing they can still grab me out of nowhere, when I haven't even been thinking about them, and make me feel excited and just good. If this new track or new album if and when it comes can grab me like that in a couple of places I'll be pretty damn happy.

I hope he changed the contact info to "Kendrick Real" for the purposes of the screenshot.

Kendrick's freestyle from tonight was awesome:

ok tonight is for everybody to understand me
i need yall to recognize that plan b
is to win your hearts right here while we at the grammys
my name is kendrick lamar
words like a sword in the hands of a Spartan in Compton
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Everything in life's subject to change, change whip, change grind
Change clothes, change opinions, right before I change my mind
I don't really know your business, been in this since I was buildin' Lego blocks
Now you tell the world about me, dry snitch
Tater tots on my shotgun, now I gotta pop one at the stars
Sky's the limit, I gotta finish as the first rapper on Mars
Mark my word, Imma make my mark, even when they start their Martial Law
Even when these martians alienate, my mental state is still at heart
Fuck, look in my eyes, tell me I died, tell me I tried, to compromise
Tell me you love me, tell me that I, don't give a fuck and can barely decide
Wishin' good luck on my enemies, all of my energy go to the almighty God
drown in a bottle of Hennessy, with no amenities, I'm in the puddle with yall
AHHHHH!

Good holy fuck the Grammys were awful this year. They always are (I still always watch) but this is probably the worst ceremony I can remember. And I've sat through at least the last dozen of these things.

Best part was Taylor. And Kendrick. And Taylor dancing to Kendrick. The rest of it just sucked.

Actually, I do love the sentiment behind the whole marriage equality spotlight, it's fucking awesome that our country is moving forward on this. Macklemore...meh. But "Open Your Heart" is one of my favorite Madonna songs.

Time to watch GIRLS and TRUE DETECTIVE. No, I'll pass out first and watch them tomorrow. One love. Excited about the new U2.

Oh, Carole King was cool, too. Paul and Ringo playing together is cool. Metallica should hang it up. I really like Miranda Lambert but her Everly brothers tribute with that toxic Green Day singer was paaaaaaainful. And I love that song, too. The Linda Ronstadt version. It was nice hearing Julian Casablancas' name announced during the Best Album presentation. Pink already did that flying rope shit. Kacey Musgraves can get it. Everyone and everything is terrible. Go White Sox.

Best part was Taylor. And Kendrick. And Taylor dancing to Kendrick. The rest of it just sucked.
I've seen clips of the performances now and that was easily the highlight. I never found Tylor Swift particularly attractive, but I do now for some reason. :lol:

Daft Punk was cool too.

Taylor Swift is my brother's celebrity crush to the point of irritation so I've honestly never thought much of her, but I too must say she looked pretty good last night.

I chose to watch True Detective and Sherlock instead. I have chosen....wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom