Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, Cori!! So happy for you.

3170468-young-man-wearing-bandana-and-sleeveless-undershirt-pointing-out-his-elbow-isolated-on-white-backgro.jpg

This reminds me: I finally got off my ass and went to Mondo to pick up my Studio Ghibli compilation. Having seen none of the films, I was really impressed with the scores. Mononoke Symphonic Suite was gorgeous.

Forgot all about that :doh:

Non music related whining
Moving and having the cable disconnected the day before the Breaking Bad finale, and not being able to get new service until Tuesday, and not having any friends with cable TV despite the show being filmed in our state, and now having to stay away from the Internet and newspapers and, come to think of it, all humans until Tuesday night to avoid spoilers, and feeling like I just got hit by a truck from the move and not being able to find basic necessities like socks, and having my hands be all cracked and bleeding and now having to muster up the energy to clean the old place, is making for a shitty Sunday.

Music related news
while dealing with all of the above yesterday, I got a text from my sister in NYC "omg sitting in a coffee shop on Bleecker you will never guess who just walked in I can't breathe I'm going to pass out!!!!111!!!" Why, yes I can guess who it is in one word: Thom.

On the up side, 12 days until Robert Fucking Smith.

Until then, somebody please just put me in a coma or something.
Focus on the Smith. :hyper:

Really, REALLY hope something's going on with them. A gal can dream, right?
:up:

Mononoke Hime came out when I lived in Japan. I still feel a weird special connection to it. Believe it or not, it's actually a guy singing the theme.

The only thing that I have a weird connection to based on my time in Japan is Star Wars. III had just come out and I dropped $40 in a crane game (because of my damn OCD) to win a Darth Vader mug that my brother promptly broke the minute I got home. I also bought a set of OT manga while there AND the entire time I was at my home stay, they were advertising the broadcast television premiere of episode II. Which, of course, when it finally came on, my host family turned on in English. I was so disappointed, they just absolutely refused to speak Japanese to me almost the entire time I was there out of politeness :sigh:.

In other news:

I just went into full-blown panic mode tonight when I was buying some Christmas decorations from someone on Facebook. I can't decorate this house for Christmas, my lease is up at the end of December. I'm not going to be done with school until December 22nd. Career services is telling me to start applying for jobs NOW, but who is going to hire me when my availability date is December friggin' 26th? If I live here month-to-month they're going to DOUBLE my rent. How do I move without a job though? :panic:

Sorry, that has absolutely nothing to do with music, but hey, have this instead, it brings the whole conversation full circle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWoJLdXJt0E

One of the few Japanese artists that I listen to on the regular, but my friend hates me for it, because he thinks the only reason anyone loves her is because she had a song in Kingdom Hearts...so of course I just posted the Kingdom Hearts song.

EDIT: Sorry for all of the edits to the above video. It took me a stupid amount of time to find the Japanese version.

She was ridiculously famous when I was there, I honestly had no clue she had any relation to a video game series. Have you heard her cover of With Or Without You?

Ok was it supposed to be a live piano thing? Cause I wasn't digging too hard on that. Especially since I wasn't expecting her to sing it in English.

It got better towards the end, though.

Hey mofo--thought of you when they played Lucky Denver Mint tonight. Thanks for being the persistent soul who encouraged me to get into this band.

Hey mofo--thought of you when they played Lucky Denver Mint tonight. Thanks for being the persistent soul who encouraged me to get into this band.

I'm jealous, I've still never seen them live. They played here the same night as The National this summer, so I had to miss them yet again. I saw a stream of them on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas when they were touring for Chase This Light, they were absolutely fantastic.

Got a text from my mom yesterday suggesting that tickets to see Steve Earle in October would be an awesome birthday present. I had to agree with her on that, so that's what I'll be doing on Halloween.

Got a text from my mom yesterday suggesting that tickets to see Steve Earle in October would be an awesome birthday present. I had to agree with her on that, so that's what I'll be doing on Halloween.

Awesome :D.

I'm sooo excited for this Halloween. It's going to be the first time I get to pass out candy at my own house (last year, I had class the night of Halloween, so all of the candy I bought went to waste. I had mistakenly thought we were having Trick-Or-Treat a different day). PLUS, last year, the week after Halloween, I bought a TON of decorations and then forgot about them until I found them again last week. I have so much cool stuff, I can't wait to decorate next week. Already put my Groucho Marx scarecrow up in the front yard, because that was easy and I don't have to DO anything with him.

Even though it's not really their style I'd really love to see Guy belt out a rock song.

I'm jealous, I've still never seen them live. They played here the same night as The National this summer, so I had to miss them yet again. I saw a stream of them on the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas when they were touring for Chase This Light, they were absolutely fantastic.

I was just thinking last night at the venue how I missed The National this year...but yeah, fantastic show and sound from JEW last night. The older songs rocked so hard that I'm finally starting to get into them the more I see them live, but the songs off Futures were clear fan favorites, as were the hits from Bleed American.

NON-MUSIC RELATED:

Three of my friends over the course of three days have told me they are expecting a child, all of them due in mid-March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom