Random Music Talk LXXIV: No witty reference, but at least it's not Cobbler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason this interests me is because I look forward to seeing if Laz condemns him (Wilco) or gives him a pass (Los Campesinos). It all boils down to how much Laz enjoys their music how badly they need the money.

Oh, Sufjeezy, whatever will Laz say?!?!!?

The only reason this interests me is because I look forward to seeing if Laz condemns him (Wilco) or gives them a pass (Los Campesinos). It all boils down to how much Laz enjoys their music how badly they need the money.

Oh, Sufjeezy, whatever will Laz say?!?!!?

:up: to everything here, particularly "Sufjeezy"

I don't like Stevens at all, but this seems more along the lines of Los Camp!; all we're hearing is some instrumental background and no singing. There's even narration over it.

And he certainly isn't making the kind of money VWilco is/was; somewhere in-between these two acts.

Of course, that "selling out never looked so good" kind of mock self-deprecation rubs me the wrong way.

You fuckers are gonna sit here and watch me make a thread in Zoo Station that has ONE reply, and that reply is from fucking purpleoscar?

We're fucking done, professionally.

Morrissey is on Letterman tonight.

And Emma Stone is on Leno.

It's gonna be a struggle, not unlike the Twelve Labours of Hercules, for me to not touch myself during her appearance.

I haven't seen it yet so I cannot go in there/contribute. :(

I'm seeing it next Wednesday. I promise to go in there then, Hawk Jr. I PROMISE.

Thanks.

Tomorrow I enter the exciting world of Business Trips.

... and I do actually mean a business trip, because I'm pretty sure no one goes to Ventura or San Fernando to cheat.

You fuckers are gonna sit here and watch me make a thread in Zoo Station that has ONE reply, and that reply is from fucking purpleoscar?

We're fucking done, professionally.

:lol: I did notice that. And I've now made a very important contribution
which may guarantee the thread gets pushed off page one bringing a swift conclusion to your humiliation.

... and I do actually mean a business trip, because I'm pretty sure no one goes to Ventura or San Fernando to cheat.

Having now been to Ventura, I can say it was a lovely place, but yeah, I didn't really see anyone all that attractive while I was there.

lazarus said:
A grand achievement.

Congrats, sir.

No spoken words said:
No matter what happens down the road, this is a big deal. Congrats.

corianderstem said:
Nice! Way to go, sir. :)

Moonlit_Angel said:
LM, echoing the congrats on finishing your novel! I'm envious.

martha said:
Lemel, add my congratulations to the pile.

That much ambition is foreign to me.

Many thanks. :)

I followed that up with a night of How I Met Your Mother that got me absolutely nowhere. The more I catch up, the more I hate that show.

Hope it's enjoyable, cori. I do love my business trips when I'm going solo but when it's with colleagues it can be stressful (not that I don't love them, but just the whole group-behavior thing drives me nuts).

I am really starting to hate How I Met Your Mother. How on earth did people watch this for 7 years? I'm going nuts and I've only been watching since February. Season 7, episode 5. Almost there.

Hope your trip is productive and enjoyable. I've had work-related trips that have ran the gamut from nightmarish to amazing....hoping yours falls towards the latter.

Ok, that's true, but based on what I've heard through the grapevine, it can't go on much longer, and at least I'll be able to watch the super bowl in peace if I can somehow catch up through season 8 in the next 3 weeks.

Many thanks. :)

I followed that up with a night of How I Met Your Mother that got me absolutely nowhere. The more I catch up, the more I hate that show.

Where are you up to?

I am really starting to hate How I Met Your Mother. How on earth did people watch this for 7 years? I'm going nuts and I've only been watching since February. Season 7, episode 5. Almost there.

It has really, really slipped in the last three years, which is a huge shame because it was my favourite show for a long time. Looks like it's been extended for a ninth season as well.

But I'm invested until the bitter end.

I'm something like two full seasons behind on that show. Still very fond of it but, yeah, my interest has waned. I'll catch up eventually.

TV shows tend to get worse the longer they're on air. It's a fact of life. What can you do?

There was an exact moment halfway through season 5 where I was like, "Yep, I don't care anymore. Just fucking tell me who she is so I can move on with my life."

It's not that I don't like the show itself anymore, but the story part is just getting old. I'd much rather know who the fucking mom is, stop hearing about Ted Mopesby's depressing life, and see what the characters I actually give a shit about are doing.

My biggest turn-off from the show initially was how much Ted's character was stolen from JD (from Scrubs), but over time, he's become the anti-JD, and I hate him more than ever.

cobl04 said:
Looks like it's been extended for a ninth season as well.

That's terrible news.

I wouldn't give a shit if they just changed the name to something that didn't piss all over what the show once was. Obviously it's about ratings so whatever.

And yeah, this happens to every show with a central plot line that, were it solved, would end the show: Monk especially. They really should have just let him solve his wife's murder in season 3 or 4, and then go ahead and do as many more seasons of hsi quirkiness as you want. The people who cared about the plot can move on with their lives and the stronger majority of people who are just watching to see the next funny thing Monk will do can keep tuning in.

I mean, Twin Peaks solved Laura Palmer's murder and still went on for like 20 more fairly decent episodes. There were other problems with that show, leading to its cancellation, but IMO, solving the murder wasn't one of them.

I've never got the "just tell us who the fucking mother is" crowd. The show's always been about more than that.

S9 news is awful, yes. But, Community is back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom