Random Music Talk CX: Obscured By Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we understand. When I put "Heinekens" after it, the meaning changes from sexual deviance to alcoholism.

Yeah, this is one e of the more pedantic slang conversations I've seen on here.

Yes, we also use it the sexual way, but there was plenty of context to tell the difference :lol:.

I can't say I've ever heard "fisting" used outside of a sexual connotation. I had no idea what it meant in Hewson's post. The context indicated something alcoholic, but beyond that it was about as incoherent as me telling you I'm going to the servo this arvo.

(Liam, since the only cultured part of Australia is Melbourne - and, in fact, only within the tram network - it's safe to say you're wrong. Everything beyond the tram network should just be marked "here be dragons/dingos/dragons-with-dingos".)

I mean, if you read that someone fisted their hand against their side, would you assume sexual connotation based on the context?

I get what you're saying, though, it took me a while to realize that the word 'faggot' in older novels was not nearly as offensive as it seemed, even when I didn't know what it meant outside of the modern day obvious, and the context suggested it couldn't possibly mean what I thought it did.

But yeah, two handed, double fist, just means you have both hands full of drink/food. If you search for double fistING on the other hand, you're more likely to find some highly NSFW image results.

Goddamn. U2inUtah just destroyed me. I love that song so much.

But I never even made the two-drinks connotation. That has always been "double parked" to me, and generally the rule is if you are double parked you have to skol one of the drinks. Fisting I've only ever known to explicitly sexual, or sometimes in AFL when a defender punches a ball away.

I won't dignify Liam's post with a response.

I can't say I've ever heard "fisting" used outside of a sexual connotation. I had no idea what it meant in Hewson's post. The context indicated something alcoholic, but beyond that it was about as incoherent as me telling you I'm going to the servo this arvo.

(Liam, since the only cultured part of Australia is Melbourne - and, in fact, only within the tram network - it's safe to say you're wrong. Everything beyond the tram network should just be marked "here be dragons/dingos/dragons-with-dingos".)

If the tram network was cultured, it'd show up in Google Maps.

The-Skoal-hockey-puck-in-its-last-moments.jpg

Double_parked_car_with_diplomatic_tags.jpg

Nope, still don't get it.

I'm not a fan of double fisting but I did have soms nice beers yesterday. An Orval and a Westmalle Dubbel in between a few Stellas :drool:

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Managed to catch Half & Full Measures on TV tonight. How great was Breaking Bad. It's inspiring me not to be a shit cunt and start putting in the effort to watch more 44-minute dramas. I do have season one of The Wire and have nearly watched all of season one of Mad Men.

So I'm taking a vacation up to Boston towards the end of this month. Any recommendations for music venues or sites I should check out?

Of interest to Axver: was at a friend's yesterday and he was playing Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree fame. This thread is the only reason I've ever heard of them.

Of interest to Cobl: said friend was wearing a shirt with a picture of a bald eagle holding a banner that said "I will never reveal the Wu-Tang secret."

I don't know what that means, but it's awesome.

Of interest to Axver: was at a friend's yesterday and he was playing Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree fame. This thread is the only reason I've ever heard of them.

Of interest to Cobl: said friend was wearing a shirt with a picture of a bald eagle holding a banner that said "I will never reveal the Wu-Tang secret."

I don't know what that means, but it's awesome.

I bought Steven Wilson's new album on Blu-Ray. Good stuff.

That speech that Mike gives about the half measure/full measure distinction is riveting, especially with the way it's shot. Great tv there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom