Random Music Talk CII: Brazilian Style, the longer it takes, the closer it gets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently Listening: I Am the Cosmos

Incidentally,

Currently Really Enjoying: I Am the Cosmos

pTRU1-16722847dt.jpg
;)

I kind of want these.

Thanks for the recs, guys. Maybe someone will be buying these for me for Christmas.

I feel fucking old now. I still remember getting the one-sided Wake Up 7 inch single like it was yesterday.

Major fucking lols at the Ghost Stories thread in EYKIW. Some people in there are seriously talking about how bad a lyricist Chris Martin is, apparently forgetting how bad Bono's lyrics have been of late.

I get asked this a lot. :wink:

I agree the 5 was the perfect size, and have no interest in the super-size model, but the new one is only a slight increase. As long as I can still do operate it with one hand I'm fine. But I feel bad for people with smaller hands who are going to have more trouble.

I said the 5 is too big. Whenever I'm typing and the send button is I. The top right corner (so twitter, this app, fb, gmail) I have to stretch my thumb to hit send. I know that's the biggest first world problem whinge ever, but it's annoying. And the 6 will make it even further away.

I'd like to think DM kept hitting him with a stick every time he wrote something really poor.

Bono's lyrics on the new album aren't amazing or anywhere near his best, but they're leagues ahead of the shit on Ghost Stories. It's like a bunch of greeting cards strung together.

Last edited:
Hey, that's right. Remember that time Chris Martin was seen leaving Electric Lady Studios and speculation was he'd appear on the new album? It was summer 2013, I believe.

I'm glad it was uncredited. Even happier about Lykke Li.

Some of you guys were hating on that new Grimes song (Go) if I remember correctly. I heard it the other day and liked it a good deal. The thing is groovy as hell.

Can we not do that thing where we assign feminine qualities to a guy as if that's a bad thing, because feminine qualities are weak and bad?

Because it's stupid, insulting, and we are not 12 years old.

Okay, thanks.

So two girls appear on Songs of Innocence.

Can we not do that thing where we assign feminine qualities to a guy as if that's a bad thing, because feminine qualities are weak and bad?

Because it's stupid, insulting, and we are not 12 years old.

Okay, thanks.

Yeah.

Also, considering the female chorus that occasionally appears, that would be an incorrect statement anyway.

Speaking if which, apparently Chris Martin performs uncredited backing vocals on Iris.

It's the song I've connected with the least after, I think 5 or 6 full listens now. I do still like it, though. It's nice to know the personal story behind it. If I didn't know it was about the narrator's dead mom, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

CALIFORNIA is still my shit, though. Pretty comfortable saying it's now my favorite on the album. This can and will probably change, though.

Also, it's my 29th birthday today. Kill me. :drool::drool::sexywink::heart::heart::up::wink::applaud::wave:

Back
Top Bottom