Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Airport breakfast = Qdoba chorizo quesadilla with sour cream and guac.

I consume more calories before 5 AM than most people do all day.

Oh hay, I'm in an airport right now 2. Going to Memphis today.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

LeMel what the fuck are you doing up?

I'm always up this late, but my hours are especially wonky because school isn't in session. Even last semester though, I would go to bed at 4, get up at 8, come home at 12 and sleep another few hours.

The time zone change has made this a little strange because the internet kicks back into gear about a half hour before I go to bed.

Eh, I don't mind. He has this Tom Waits/Nick Cave meets his own voice "thing" going on.

Waits, as gravely as his voice is, still carries a tune. And on Bad As Me, he actually has some really nice singing. Cohen just sounds like he's reading a newspaper article to his blind wife over breakfast. I love the guy, but he's in really bad shape.

Airport breakfast = Qdoba chorizo quesadilla with sour cream and guac.

I hope you have a seat near the bathroom.

I mean, I have no problem with donating to charity, but I've never liked being told to do it.

Guy's, I'm buying a car, basically for the first time. All of the other cars I've purchased have been like, $1000-$2000 "clunkers" that I paid cash for. This is the first time I'm doing the whole, financing, etc. deal. What I can't comprehend are some of the prices I'm seeing listed, compared to the KBB and Edmunds True Market Values...we're talking $1500 over suggested retail for one of the cars I was looking at. All of the stuff I've read about haggling suggests that you might be able to knock a "couple of hundred" dollars off a price, and that getting something for $1,000 off is extraordinary.

When I see a price like that, should I even bother countering with a realistic offer?

It depends. Some high demand cars go over sticker, but if you go in there knowing the suggested list price, you should be able to get it down more than a couple hundred. Try Truecar.com to see what the prices have been recently. Oh and they will try to sell you stuff when you sign, like extended warranties, tire insurance, so keep your guard up until you drive off the lot.

PS. Congrats!

I just listened to Anaconda. My god, Nicki Minaj has become terrible. Does she have any song/verse that comes close to Monster?

Guy's, I'm buying a car, basically for the first time. All of the other cars I've purchased have been like, $1000-$2000 "clunkers" that I paid cash for. This is the first time I'm doing the whole, financing, etc. deal. What I can't comprehend are some of the prices I'm seeing listed, compared to the KBB and Edmunds True Market Values...we're talking $1500 over suggested retail for one of the cars I was looking at. All of the stuff I've read about haggling suggests that you might be able to knock a "couple of hundred" dollars off a price, and that getting something for $1,000 off is extraordinary.

When I see a price like that, should I even bother countering with a realistic offer?

If you do all your research (which it seems you are on top of), then go in with your price in mind. You should be able to get close to it, unless its a hot vehicle like Trojanchick said. Also this time of year a good option is to look at a 2014 as the 2015's are hitting the lots, dealers will start to try and move the 2014s quicker come Sept/October. And don't get sucked in to an extended warranty or any of the extras David Puddy tries to get you to purchase.

Seinfeld. Additional overcharge - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom