Pringle, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was my thought too, though it doesn't make much of a difference. It would've been easier, and I wouldn't have the feeling I'm letting you guys do everything.

And that list seems correct. I'll just keep my GA so you guys can get 2 from Renato and he still has 2 for his wife and himself. He has seats for night 1 so we should check when to meet up. I hate doing important things at the last moment so perhaps it's safer to meet up with renato before the first day then so you guys can get the tickets for day 2 already, just in case we can't find him on day two or so. I assume we'll wait in line together but you just never know what happens y'know.

Alright, if you can't use your mother's card, then I can book the flight.

Yeah, I was going to suggest you just keep that one GA. And remember, I'm going to Paris with Renato and staying with him in Switzerland! I can get the tickets off him well beforehand.

Ah that's okay. And yes the return flights are cheaper, due to our airport tax. Fucking brilliant idea by the Dutch government. :happy: It's cause of CO2 reduction and all, but thanks to the retards people now fly from Dusseldorf or Brussels rather than Schiphol, thus going there by car and releasing more CO2 in the air.
Oh and Schiphol is losing a LOT of money thanks to that. :crack:

Yeah right. :wink: I'm so going to make you speak Dutch when you're here. We'll see how well your Fake Dutch fares.

Way to go, Dutch government!

Haha, mij faake Dujtch maij nojt go too weejll ...

Dudes! and Dudettes! :wave:

If anyone needs a U2 Pre-Sale code....I've got 4 Tickets waiting to be used by someone who can actually make use of them.

Oooh?

I now have a U2.com membership, but I'm only Boots. Hopefully I can get either Paris or one of the Dublins with that.

I'm only Boots as well. But I figure since I can't make it, it might as well be used by some folk who are actually going! :)

Awesome, I'm sure we'd all be able to put it to good use for one show or another! But does this mean you aren't doing Europe or the US?

Awesome, I'm sure we'd all be able to put it to good use for one show or another! But does this mean you aren't doing Europe or the US?

This means I'm probably skipping both. Its just not going to work out for me this year I believe, even If I was to go to some gigs during holidays. The tour is just a year too late for me, unfortunately.

Fingers crossed they'll come to Australia.

What's really so bad about it?

I know it involves Coldplay, and god forbid anyone like them.....

No, I actually don't mind them, I just think that John Farnham and Coldplay are two completely opposite poles that couldn't conceivably be put together - and yet, somehow, it sort of works!

No, I actually don't mind them, I just think that John Farnham and Coldplay are two completely opposite poles that couldn't conceivably be put together - and yet, somehow, it sort of works!

Oh, shit, sorry. I've mistook you. It did work all in the spur of the moment....I actually really enjoyed watching it the whole day, regardless of if it was Split Enz or Taylor Swift.

Great Day :up:

Midnight Oil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kings of Leon x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:

Kings of Leon: Oh no, we can't play a song called "Sex On Fire" at a bushfire relief gig!

Midnight Oil: How can we dance when our earth is turning; how can we sleep when our beds are burning?

Screamers suck.

If was near some fucking dumb loud girls in GA for Coldplay......I was nearly deaf by the end of the night, and it wasn't from what was going on, onstage!

Those poor top 40 kids in the audience deserve to be shot and thrown out with their trash. Bastards ruined Paul Kelly's set by talking over him and screaming...

God that was annoying, though the lack of volume didn't help his cause either.

I hope there's an official DVD of the gig released ...

God that was annoying, though the lack of volume didn't help his cause either.

I hope there's an official DVD of the gig released ...

And hopefully not much is cut from it, although given the recent released of DVD's of these type events, a fair bit will be cut.

Did you have a good spot yesterday?

And hopefully not much is cut from it, although given the recent released of DVD's of these type events, a fair bit will be cut.

Did you have a good spot yesterday?

If they cut Gabriella Cilmi and Kasey Chambers, nobody would complain.

Yeah, the sound could've been better but it was out of the rain at a rather good angle.

If they cut Gabriella Cilmi and Kasey Chambers, nobody would complain.

Yeah, the sound could've been better but it was out of the rain at a rather good angle.

:lol: True!

Cool. Seems like they must have sorted out the MCG these days then.

Well I'm off, Ax, if anyone wants a pre-sale code, just send me a PM. I'm really not going to use it.

:wave:

Renato!

Alison, GG2, and I have an important question for you - what are your accommodation plans in Dublin? We're staying from the 23rd until the 31st and booking a condo that sleeps 3, but we could look at somewhere that sleeps 4 if you want to share too?

:lol: True!

Cool. Seems like they must have sorted out the MCG these days then.

Well I'm off, Ax, if anyone wants a pre-sale code, just send me a PM. I'm really not going to use it.

:wave:

I wouldn't say they entirely worked it out ... but at least by the big three acts, the sound was decent.

Awesome, shall swing you a PM as I'm sure we could use it for Paris or the Dublins. Thanks muchly! Have a good one, and the same to U-Wen. :wave:

Hi/bye U-Wen. Have a good Sunday evening.

Renato!

Alison, GG2, and I have an important question for you - what are your accommodation plans in Dublin? We're staying from the 23rd until the 31st and booking a condo that sleeps 3, but we could look at somewhere that sleeps 4 if you want to share too?

I was just reading the last two pages and your exchange with GG2 on this.

So, Dublin: I will fly there with you, but I'm not sure if I can stay until the 31st or, for that matter, until the 3rd concert. I might stay for the first two shows and fly back on Sunday or Monday morning. I will still try to get tickets for the third night and wait until my plans are made. I'd hate to miss potentially the best show of the tour. In any case, I'm not going to be able to stay until the 31st, so I think I'll have to find accommodation by myself. No worries, I'm sure I'll find something!

I was just reading the last two pages and your exchange with GG2 on this.

So, Dublin: I will fly there with you, but I'm not sure if I can stay until the 31st or, for that matter, until the 3rd concert. I might stay for the first two shows and fly back on Sunday or Monday morning. I will still try to get tickets for the third night and wait until my plans are made. I'd hate to miss potentially the best show of the tour. In any case, I'm not going to be able to stay until the 31st, so I think I'll have to find accommodation by myself. No worries, I'm sure I'll find something!

Looks like we can't book your one-way flight to Dublin with our return flights, but hopefully the wonders of online check-in and stuff will allow us to select seats together.

I really hope you can stay for the third show! In any case, we'll book our condo just for 3, and if worst comes to the worst, you're more than welcome to sleep on our floor or something. :laugh: (I'll already have the couch ... Alison and GG2 get the two beds.)

Looks like we can't book your one-way flight to Dublin with our return flights, but hopefully the wonders of online check-in and stuff will allow us to select seats together.

I really hope you can stay for the third show! In any case, we'll book our condo just for 3, and if worst comes to the worst, you're more than welcome to sleep on our floor or something. :laugh: (I'll already have the couch ... Alison and GG2 get the two beds.)

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really hope I can stay, but will have to see as soon as I talk to my boss about my vacations.

Do you already have the time/number of your flight? I'll buy mine right away.

Ax, it seems that I'll be moving to NY in the second semester, I might be able to catch Leg 2 of the tour! I'm pretty excited (job-wise as well).

Thanks, I appreciate it. I really hope I can stay, but will have to see as soon as I talk to my boss about my vacations.

Do you already have the time/number of your flight? I'll buy mine right away.

Ax, it seems that I'll be moving to NY in the second semester, I might be able to catch Leg 2 of the tour! I'm pretty excited (job-wise as well).

Good luck. We also need to work out Paris plans ...

GG2 is booking our flights later today, and the flight we're going to do is this one GG2 posted earlier: 14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 14:45 do 23 jul Dublin 15:20 do 23 jul EI607

Oooh, that would be awesome if you could catch leg 2!

By the way, I'm going to maintain a file of who's bought what and how much money all of us owe each other. Can you e-mail me exactly how much you paid for Amsterdam II GAs? GG2 will use the 1 GA she bought for herself, and the four you got can be split between you and your wife, Alison, and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom