post the name and/or cover of an album you find terribly overrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE BENDS
THE BENDS
THE BENDS
THE BENDS
THE BENDS

From the mindless noise of My Iron Lung to the bamboozling decision to put High & Dry and Fake Plastic Trees right next to each other, this album is shite in comparison with Radiohead's following efforts.

Hard to believe Radiohead were once so fucking boring.......hurry up and finish...:yawn:....I'm off to listen to a truly exiciting masterpiece from 1995, (What's The Story) Morning Glory....

intedomine said:

I'm off to listen to a truly exiciting masterpiece from 1995, (What's The Story) Morning Glory....

thank you for reminding me:|

B000002BBY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Definition of
OVERRATED

xaviMF22 said:

thank you for reminding me:|

B000002BBY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Definition of
OVERRATED

No, no, no.....it's timeless...it's perfect :ohmy:

I have not been able to stop listening to (WTS) MG for 12 years! The Bends lasted only 12 days!

intedomine said:

I have not been able to stop listening to (WTS) MG for 12 years! The Bends lasted only 12 days!

I totally have the exact same tastes I had 12 years ago too.

Last edited:
intedomine said:

sorry:p ....while the album is ok

"Definitely Maybe" pwns it :wink:

Thank you for naming Joanna Newsom. Precious, annoying, and endless. The triumvirate of suck.

Oasis is like the dollar store equivalent of the Beatles. Every song has too much guitar shit going on in the mix and the vocals sound like they were recorded inside the hold of a cargo vessel.

I have a baby swimming picture very similar to that.

Except there's no money hook or dangling baby penis.

Definitely-Maybe.jpg

Good, but not -that- good IMO. I don't see that much difference between this and their supposedly weaker later work (which I like, perhaps even more than Definitely Maybe). Maybe you had to be there, :shrug:

arctic_monkeys_wpsiatwin_whatever_they_say_thats_what_im_not_cover.jpg

Too much hype too early.

white_stripes_elephant.jpg

I'm a huge Stripes fan but I've always found Elephant their weakest album and I think it's ridiculously overpraised.

I don't think there's much of a point to mention the bleeding obviously overrated albums (just about anything by bands like The Beatles, U2, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin)

so I shall say:
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Beck - Sea Change
Arcade Fire - Funeral (and if Neon Bible has already been officially released then that one too)

for starters

Salome said:
I don't think there's much of a point to mention the bleeding obviously overrated albums (just about anything by bands like The Beatles, U2, Radiohead, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin)

so I shall say:
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Beck - Sea Change
Arcade Fire - Funeral (and if Neon Bible has already been officially released then that one too)

for starters

wow, you must have weird taste.

not really
those albums are just ridiculously overrated
so I wouldn't say I'm the one with weird taste

Salome said:
not really
those albums are just ridiculously overrated
so I wouldn't say I'm the one with weird taste

no way, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is brilliant

Funeral...I think I could agree that it's overrated. I do love it, but it's not the best album of this decade. It's not even the best debut album of this decade.

AtomicBono said:

no way, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is brilliant

Funeral...I think I could agree that it's overrated. I do love it, but it's not the best album of this decade. It's not even the best debut album of this decade.

which is your favorite?

I think the best 5 debut albums of this decade so far are:

"Funeral" by Arcade Fire
"Franz Ferdinand" by Franz Ferdinand
"Hopes and Fears" by Keane
"Hot Fuss" by The Killers
"Is This It" by The Strokes

Zootlesque said:

I want to get that one!

There are just too many CDs to get and it keeps growing! :scream:

either get that or "First Impressions of Earth"

First Impressions... is a better album, more electronic, and isn't about 35 minutes long like "Is This It?

LemonMacPhisto said:

either get that or "First Impressions of Earth"

First Impressions... is a better album, more electronic, and isn't about 35 minutes long like "Is This It?

But isn't it better to start at the top? I don't know.

Allmusic.com (a site that I usually trust except for a few albums here and there like U2's POP which they reviewed badly) seems to think that the strokes have got progressively worse. :lol: Is This It has 4.5 stars out of 5. Room On Fire has 4 and First Impressions 3.

I'll agree Room on Fire was mediocre, but First Impressions is their best album so far.

Maybe it's best to start with Is This It, and if you like it go for First Impressions.

I also think it's better to start with Is This It and then see how their sound evolved in First Impressions. Both are great albums, you can't go wrong with either.

LemonMacPhisto said:

which is your favorite?

I think the best 5 debut albums of this decade so far are:

"Funeral" by Arcade Fire

"Parachutes" by Coldplay(it is mind-boggling how much more interesting and enjoyable this is than 2005's self-indulgent uninspiring, attempted ROBTTH clone 'X&Y')

"Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones

"Audioslave" by Audioslave

Salome said:

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Arcade Fire - Funeral

"Funeral" by Arcade Fire

Joanna Newsom

I think all of that is overrated. Some are pretty good but nothing spectacular.

Also overrated are the Scissor Sisters 'Ta-dah' album, James Morrison, James Blunt, Razorlight and that Mika bloke. Not sure if some of them are big anywhere else but they rant about them here.

Oh, and Amy Winehouse who was one of the big winners at the Brit awards. Really overrated. Judging by the amount of people who ran for the doors 30 minutes early at her concert the other night she really isn't as great as they make her out to be.

Back
Top Bottom