Poll!!! reply asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Return the Wallet or Keep

• Yay

Votes: 43 89.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd vote yay too, but the poll's closed.

One time my mom found a wallet on the bus, and gave it to my bf and I to return it. Long story short, we go out of our way just to return the wallet to someone in a strange neighborhood and the guy who answered the door doesn't even have the common courtesy to thank us. I know it's not really expected, but if I found your wallet with all your credit cards and your week's pay in it, wouldn't you thank me for returning it all intact? I know I would've.

Karma's nice and all, but sometimes people are just too ungrateful. Does that mean my karma's ruined? Or am I wrong to expect something like a simple thanks?

I would have at the very LEAST thanked you if you had found my wallet and returned it, intact. Me being me tho, and I know me best, I would also give you something in appreciation. That's just me tho.

Once, While Christmas Shopping, I sat my wallet on top of my car (busily loading bags and boxes into the backseat) and then forgot that I had put it there. :reject: Luckily for me, there was a very nice young man and his girlfriend in the parking lot who saw it fall from the roof. They picked it up and tracked down my phone number, called me to tell me they had it. It didn't have a lot of cash in it (maybe $30) but it was all there when they gave it back. My husband and I had picked up a gift certificate for a local restauraunt which was worth more than the money in the wallet and gave it to the couple as a reward for their kindness and honesty. :up:

I have found sooo many peoples valuables and every single time i have went over and beyond to get it back to the owner.
I have only been unsuccesful once.

I remember this one time though, that i could have kicked myself for 'doing what was right', (in hindsight only).
I was at a swap meet about 15 years ago i frequented, and found a Diamond and white gold watch (it was real).
I went to the 'authorities' ( the manager) and turned it in.
THEIR policy was clearly stated on a sign behind the counter about lost and found...basically saying if an item was lost, there was 30 days for the person who lost it to claim it...blah,blah,blah.
They took my name, number, info, so that in case the watch wasnt claimed, it would become MY property.

So about a month and a half later i go back to the same person in charge, well obviously she wasnt expecting me to come back...
she had it on her wrist.
When i confronted her she proceded to make up new rules right then and there, on the spot about 'finders/keepers'.
I actually told her she was fucked.
I never went back.

Another time i found a purse in a shopping cart and it was PACKED with money..
i mean money was everywhere, hanging out and in a wallet and in all the zipper pouches, total bank.
I took it into the store and turned it in.
The manager insisted i leave my name and number in case the owner wanted to reward me.
I told him why would i need to be rewarded for doing whats right, why should i be rewarded for
giving back something that doesnt belong to me?
I left without leaving a name and the counter people just looked at me with disbelief.

Unfortunatly people believe the 'norm' is to expect something back...to expect to be recongnized, because its not 'normal' to be honest, etc.
but really, it is the norm, to be human and loving towards one another.

We've just come so far away from it.

I have lost money too, it makes me feel so sick because i never have had alot and i work so hard for what i do have.
But when i do lose it, all i hope and pray for is that it was found by some one who needed it even more then i did.

Back
Top Bottom