Paekakariki, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a bad month for us all, since the majority of us are college students.

I'm going back to packing :wave:

I have no idea who that is.
I didn't expect you to. She was one of the people who ran littletype.com. Her husband is Patrick Hynes, the best East Bay album artist ever. We emailed back and forth for a couple of weeks about one of my orders and got to be kinda friendly. She introduced me to Tilt and The Hi-Fives. I'm depressed now.

katie arrives in 39 days.

that is a day after i finish all but one assignment and one exam.

i have like six things due in that time, it's going to be pretty fucken frenetic.

The week of 8-12 June, I have three essays totalling 13,000 words due, based on extensive research (one on reading over 20 books). Ramp that up to over 15,000 when you take my thesis into consideration too, which is the most research intensive of the lot.

I'm kind of tempted to hope I get knocked unconscious until 13 June.

I didn't expect you to. She was one of the people who ran littletype.com. Her husband is Patrick Hynes, the best East Bay album artist ever. We emailed back and forth for a couple of weeks about one of my orders and got to be kinda friendly. She introduced me to Tilt and The Hi-Fives. I'm depressed now.

That really sucks :hug:

Then again, if the Hurricanes can stay atop the Super 14, I might enjoy being conscious through May.

But Christ, I'm probably going to hate the sight of the written word soon. Keep in mind I have other writing obligations too, like U2gigs. I hate to think how much I'll end up researching and writing this coming month. Researching is the hard part really.

music_drm.png

No matter how many times I see this, it doesn't stop being funny.

I felt it deserved a post after reading banal comments on Lookoutrecords.com. Also a soothing balm after reading certain parts of EYKIW, too.

I think 'banal' has become Interference's word of the day.

Hey ... I just realised something. 2040 will be the bicentennary of the Treaty of Waitangi, which formalised British control and settlement in New Zealand. That's going to be a huge year. If the bicentennary of British settlement in Australia in 1988 is anything to go by, it'll be an especially significant year for those of us who happen to be historians. Now, the Keith Sinclairs and Michael Kings of this world may have already passed on (god, the premature loss of Michael King hurts) and James Belich will be getting on in years by then ... but I'll be 53.

So I've 31 years to establish an academic reputation. Bring it on.

Also, 2043 will be the 150th anniversary of New Zealand being the first country in the world to give women the vote (it wasn't until 1903 that any other country - in this case, Australia - even held an election in which all women could vote; Kiwi women had voted in four by that point). That's going to be an epic time to be a historian.

There we go, just did my 500 words for the day. Going to try to do more later so that I can kick this productive May off to a good start, and maybe take a load off myself later this month.

I better remember to eat lunch before heading into uni ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom