Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What game?

Heroes of Might and Magic V.

I can't decide if I like it or not, I really liked how simple and 2-d the old ones were, but I think playing the campaign is what's killing it for me, I should probably just go for a few random maps for a while

Heroes of Might and Magic V.

I can't decide if I like it or not, I really liked how simple and 2-d the old ones were, but I think playing the campaign is what's killing it for me, I should probably just go for a few random maps for a while

Can't say I have played any of those. But I think I've heard of them before. What type of game are they like? Something like Diablo?

Can't say I have played any of those. But I think I've heard of them before. What type of game are they like? Something like Diablo?

ehh... no

let me see if I can find a good explination:

:hmm:

The Heroes series is within the genre of turn-based strategy. The titular heroes are player characters who can recruit armies, move around the map, capture resources, and engage in combat. The heroes also incorporate some role-playing game elements; they possess a set of statistics that confer bonuses to an army, artifacts that enhance their powers, and knowledge of magical spells that can be used to attack enemies or produce strategic benefits. Also, heroes gain experience levels from battle, such that veteran heroes are significantly more powerful than inexperienced ones. Experienced heroes may persist through a campaign, but do not carry over between single scenarios.

On a typical map, players begin a game with one town of a chosen alignment. The number of different alignments varies throughout the series, with the lowest count of four appearing initially in Heroes I and peaking at nine in the Heroes III expansion Armageddon's Blade. Each town alignment hosts a unique selection of creatures from which the player can build an army. Town alignment also determines other unique traits such as native hero classes, special bonuses or abilities, and leanings toward certain skills or kinds of magic.

Towns play a central role in the games since they are the primary source of income and new recruits. A typical objective in each game is to capture all enemy towns. Maps may also start with neutral towns, which do not send out heroes but may still be captured by any player. It is therefore possible, and common, to have more towns than players on a map. When captured, a town retains its alignment type, potentially allowing the new owner to create a mixed army. A player or team is eliminated when no towns or heroes are left under their control. Barring any special conditions, the last player or team remaining is the victor.

A side objective commonly appearing in the series is the acquisition of a powerful object called either the grail or the "ultimate artifact," buried under a random tile on the map. As heroes visit special locations called obelisks, pieces are removed from a jigsaw puzzle-like map, gradually revealing its location to the player. Once found, it confers immense bonuses to the player capable of breaking stalemates: the grail can be taken back to a town and used to build a special structure, while the ultimate artifact provides the bonuses directly through possession.

Not a great deal, just the usual 2 and 1/2 hour trip to see my girlfriend, and we have a 21st on.

Any plans at your end?

Aww, sounds better than doing nothing! I hope you have fun.

I've not got anything planned that I know of. Well, I may go spend some time at my mum's! But other than that, nothing really.

ehh... no

let me see if I can find a good explination:

:hmm:

The Heroes series is within the genre of turn-based strategy. The titular heroes are player characters who can recruit armies, move around the map, capture resources, and engage in combat. The heroes also incorporate some role-playing game elements; they possess a set of statistics that confer bonuses to an army, artifacts that enhance their powers, and knowledge of magical spells that can be used to attack enemies or produce strategic benefits. Also, heroes gain experience levels from battle, such that veteran heroes are significantly more powerful than inexperienced ones. Experienced heroes may persist through a campaign, but do not carry over between single scenarios.

On a typical map, players begin a game with one town of a chosen alignment. The number of different alignments varies throughout the series, with the lowest count of four appearing initially in Heroes I and peaking at nine in the Heroes III expansion Armageddon's Blade. Each town alignment hosts a unique selection of creatures from which the player can build an army. Town alignment also determines other unique traits such as native hero classes, special bonuses or abilities, and leanings toward certain skills or kinds of magic.

Towns play a central role in the games since they are the primary source of income and new recruits. A typical objective in each game is to capture all enemy towns. Maps may also start with neutral towns, which do not send out heroes but may still be captured by any player. It is therefore possible, and common, to have more towns than players on a map. When captured, a town retains its alignment type, potentially allowing the new owner to create a mixed army. A player or team is eliminated when no towns or heroes are left under their control. Barring any special conditions, the last player or team remaining is the victor.

A side objective commonly appearing in the series is the acquisition of a powerful object called either the grail or the "ultimate artifact," buried under a random tile on the map. As heroes visit special locations called obelisks, pieces are removed from a jigsaw puzzle-like map, gradually revealing its location to the player. Once found, it confers immense bonuses to the player capable of breaking stalemates: the grail can be taken back to a town and used to build a special structure, while the ultimate artifact provides the bonuses directly through possession.

Sounds pretty interesting and different than the type of stuff I'm used to.

Though I must admit, I am having urges to play Final Fantasy these days. Just a matter of which one...:hmm:

Sounds pretty interesting and different than the type of stuff I'm used to.

Though I must admit, I am having urges to play Final Fantasy these days. Just a matter of which one...:hmm:

I wanna play FFVII so bad :(

But Heroes is pretty crazy awesome, and since you can select different maps and stuff, it's not like you have to create from scratch every time (Age of Empires, EE, Civ, etc.) so losing doesnt' make me as miserable

I'd lend it to you if I lived anywhere near you.
Can you order a copy of it? I know it's hard to find these days, or so I've heard, but I'm sure it's not impossible.

I could easily GET a copy of it, but I'd rather just play it on my comp. However, once I get back to school I'll finally have my PS2 back :)drool: ) never leaving it in Texas again :sad:

I could easily GET a copy of it, but I'd rather just play it on my comp. However, once I get back to school I'll finally have my PS2 back :)drool: ) never leaving it in Texas again :sad:

Ah, right. I never did like playing video games on computers. I always preferred gaming consoles when it came to that kinda thing. The keyboard and I don't get along when it comes to games, I like a controller better.
Now that I think about it, I think I wanna play Kingdom Hearts. :hmm:

:shh: You had it right the first time.

:lol:

G'morning! How are you?

:laugh: It's inthistowntastic.

I'm not bad. I need to call the landlord to get that kitchen light fixed, but every time I reach for the phone, I think of some other household chore I should do first ... ah sweet paranoia.

Ah, right. I never did like playing video games on computers. I always preferred gaming consoles when it came to that kinda thing. The keyboard and I don't get along when it comes to games, I like a controller better.
Now that I think about it, I think I wanna play Kingdom Hearts. :hmm:

I don't really like computer games, so it's weird that suddenly they're all I've been playing :hmm:

:laugh: It's inthistowntastic.

I'm not bad. I need to call the landlord to get that kitchen light fixed, but every time I reach for the phone, I think of some other household chore I should do first ... ah sweet paranoia.
:laugh: I blame Bonnie's location for making me look it up.

Oh, gotta love that stuff. What's wrong with the light?

I don't really like computer games, so it's weird that suddenly they're all I've been playing :hmm:

Ah, something different for a change, then?
I usually go into a different genre or game console when I want something different.
Like Legend of Zelda. :love:

Ah, something different for a change, then?
I usually go into a different genre or game console when I want something different.
Like Legend of Zelda. :love:

Yeah, mostly i'm just kinda in a funk right now and I dont' want to move, so computer games make that entirely possible /emo

Yeah, mostly i'm just kinda in a funk right now and I dont' want to move, so computer games make that entirely possible /emo
Are you still sick? Or are you feeling any better? I know a few days ago you said you felt like death or something.

Oh, gotta love that stuff. What's wrong with the light?

It somehow detached itself from the ceiling! Now it's hanging by a cable. Which is a bit unnerving. The lounge light did the same thing last year and the cable was strong enough to hold it until it was fixed, so I hope the same good luck holds out here!

Are you still sick? Or are you feeling any better? I know a few days ago you said you felt like death or something.

I'm still a little sick, but i was feeling fine til I found out today that my boss (and very close friend) has diabetes, and he found THIS out because a blood vessel in his eye ruptured

It somehow detached itself from the ceiling! Now it's hanging by a cable. Which is a bit unnerving. The lounge light did the same thing last year and the cable was strong enough to hold it until it was fixed, so I hope the same good luck holds out here!

:huh: Not secure enough, I don't guess!
Don't need it falling on your head or anything. We don't need that fro to get crushed. :wink:
I hope you get it fixed soon.

I'm still a little sick, but i was feeling fine til I found out today that my boss (and very close friend) has diabetes, and he found THIS out because a blood vessel in his eye ruptured
Ugh. :( I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better but I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Ugh. :( I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better but I am sorry to hear about your friend.

So am I lol. But, it's gonna be ok. I Wouldn't have been so freaked out if his doctor (who happens to also be my dr. which is...weird) who also happens to be his best friend, hadn't told him he had ten years to live. Apparently it went something like:

Dr.: You have diabetes
Nipul: :(
Dr.: Don't worry you still have ten years
Nipul: Thanks:|

So I think the Dr. may have been kidding with him, but I'm not sure, and it's freaking me out hardcore. I mean, people live a long time with it right?

So am I lol. But, it's gonna be ok. I Wouldn't have been so freaked out if his doctor (who happens to also be my dr. which is...weird) who also happens to be his best friend, hadn't told him he had ten years to live. Apparently it went something like:

Dr.: You have diabetes
Nipul: :(
Dr.: Don't worry you still have ten years
Nipul: Thanks:|

So I think the Dr. may have been kidding with him, but I'm not sure, and it's freaking me out hardcore. I mean, people live a long time with it right?

Wtf? :huh:
There are people who live the rest of their lives (not exactly short lives) with it. As long as you're careful about what kinds of carbs and sugar you consume and there aren't any complications with it, you should be fine. The worst things I've heard about regarding diabetes (you survive, obv.!) is of course, diabetic coma and having to have a foot taken off! Why is beyond me. I haven't really read into it a whole lot. But I've known a handful of people with diabetes and they lived longer than any 10 years! Is there anything else wrong with him? If not then...that is truly worth a wtf.

Unless the doctor was just joking. But that's still not funny to joke about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom