Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not feeling great about New Zealand's insipid performance against Zimbabwe in yesterday's game before rain cancelled play.

Well, except for Guptill's century, which indicates he may have finally played himself back into form.

IDK really a practice match is a practice match.

and yeah, currently 1/116 off 18 against South Africa.

this arrived yesterday :drool:

14883.jpg

Not sure how much stock we should put in these warm-up matches, but Zimbabwe right now look like they may chase down Sri Lanka, while New Zealand currently have South Africa in a fair bit of trouble.

I wonder if the Australia vs UAE game that's just got under way will last past about 8pm tonight. :lol:

Yep, there we go, Zimbabwe beat Sri Lanka. That's embarrassing, even if it is a warm-up game.

Meanwhile the Black Caps just wrapped up a 134-run win over South Africa. :up:

Hah, I just came here to post that. Probably the best take-down of Channel 9's shitty excuse for commentary that I've read.

He makes one point that we've discussed all too briefly, if at all - the absence of foreign commentators. It's a serious omission and something I really miss. Sure they got Bumble in briefly this summer, but you'd think that with India in this country for so long, they might have lined up an Indian commentator or two to provide some insight.

Slowed down a bit now after McCullum's dismissal. This is the first time I've seen Williamson look obviously nervous. I think that right now it's just time to regroup and power on later.

Rude welcome back for Malinga, that's for sure.

By the way, youarenotimmune, not sure if you've posted who you support, but if you have I've forgotten. Who's your team?

Oh shit there goes Guptill for 49! Mighty catch by Sanga.

Pakistan. Unfortunately they don't have a chance in hell in this world cup. Still pumped for the game against India tomorrow though, since both teams are equally shit right now. Should make for interesting competition.

It's a shame really how many teams are so poor right now. The only real contenders are Australia, NZ and SA.

I'm rooting for this NZ team (after Pakistan gets kicked out), because they've played some scintillating cricket over the last year or so. If not NZ, I'd be pretty happy seeing SA shed their chokers tag and lift the cup.

Oh man, Pakistan, that must be an emotional rollercoaster not too different to that I've had to ride with the Black Caps. At least you've won a World Cup once though!

And I'm like you, if (when) New Zealand get ousted, my allegiances will shift to South Africa. I've generally felt the chokers tag is overstated, especially given the manner in which they were robbed in 1992 by the rain rules at the time.

Definitely excited for the India/Pakistan match, partly because it's at Adelaide Oval, partly because it's a big rivalry and there's gonna be a great atmosphere. I think it's sold out because I've known on people looking up the internet for any remaining tickets for the game.

The screen graphics are so colourful too. It's kind of reminiscent of London 2012.

That was a brilliant catch. Oh my god. Thought he was going to drop that.

Oh man, Pakistan, that must be an emotional rollercoaster not too different to that I've had to ride with the Black Caps. At least you've won a World Cup once though!

And I'm like you, if (when) New Zealand get ousted, my allegiances will shift to South Africa. I've generally felt the chokers tag is overstated, especially given the manner in which they were robbed in 1992 by the rain rules at the time.

Agreed about the chokers tag being overstated. There's certainly something to it, but they've had their share of bad luck as well.

NZ and SA (in that order) have always been my favorite teams after Pakistan, so I'm glad they're two of the top contenders in this tournament.

Meanwhile nice little comeback by SL in the middle of this innings to make the match interesting...

Sri Lanka really have dragged this right back. I still think New Zealand will post a good total, but thank god for BMac's early fireworks. Hope Anderson or Ronchi can go nuts in the final ten overs to put this beyond reach - but at the moment it's clear our bowlers will have to bowl very well.

Holy shit the celebration over that crowd catch. :laugh:

Haha that was hilarious!

Fucking awful dismissal from Elliott. Let's hope Ronchi can make this more interesting. Reckon NZ are just a liiiiittle spooked by it being a WC.

Bugger I was hoping that dismissal of Elliott would be ruled a no ball. But it was probably legitimate. Hope Anderson and Ronchi can pile on the runs now.

Don't know about them being spooked. They're playing on a similar level to how they were in the ODI series.

Don't know about them being spooked. They're playing on a similar level to how they were in the ODI series.

Williamson definitely seemed overawed when he came out, but got in a groove after surviving those two half chances. I do think BMac made the pitch look a slightly better batting track than it is with his explosive start.

Back
Top Bottom