NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting first half in New Orleans.

I do wish Flozell Adams would just go back to getting false start penalties instead of his recent trend of personal fouls, -5 yards is better than -15. :doh:

Nice to see Nick Folk can make field goals again. Also nice to see Miles Austin catching the long TD pass, MBIII hanging onto the ball and running pretty well, and overall the Defense has held pretty good against the Saints offense. I better not jinx the boys so i should probably go drink a beer or something.

Oh yeah, Welcome back Demarcus Ware! :hyper:

Tony Romo is pretty easy to make fun of, but he and the Cowboys deserved that win.

What are the odds that they don't let Nick Folk on the team plane?

Im beginning to wonder if Nick Folk and Roy Williams are Iggles plants, or at least on the Philly payroll, the way they try to lose every game for the Cowboys (and they are pretty good at it btw).

But seriously, how hard is it to find a good kicker? Im not saying i could do any better...then again i probably wouldnt do any worse. Something has to change here because i dont see this team winning a Super Bowl with Nick Folk as the kicker. I probably dont see them winning anyway, but damnit i want a shot at least.

I dont want to bitch too much because i want to savor this victory i had predicted after last weeks 3 point Folking loss against the Bolts. I was almost wrong, but thanks to De Ware i can drink my beer tonight with some relief instead of feeling the shits.

Im guessing the Saints had a "bad day at the office", sure they missed Shockey and Bush was banged up a bit. But the Cowboys played inspired tonight, aside from Folk's miss and some non-catches by R Williams. I wonder if we are looking at the start of something here, like the 2007 Giants....i sure hope so. Since i said it, though, it probably wont be so. Cause im a jinx like that.

Good to see Romo playing solid in December (again) , btw, cause if you listen to the media one would think that wasn't the case. Yee Haw!

There isn't a lot more satisfying than bring back in DFW with my old friends for a big ass, season saving Cowboys victory over a previously unbeaten team. I am LOVNG this.

There isn't a lot more satisfying than bring back in DFW with my old friends for a big ass, season saving Cowboys victory over a previously unbeaten team. I am LOVNG this.

Was PBR involved? Call it a hunch.

Miller Lite. But PBR was discussed. And I was ridiculed for it. Certain things I can get away with in Austin and not DFW.

you can get away with PBR as long as football is on the tv, otherwise your a disgruntled old factory worker looking for a fight. Nobody made fun of me drinking Ultra out of those tall slender cans last night, because if they did some fucking heads would have rolled.

Miller Lite sucks ass though, i do wish the Cowboys would find another beer sponsor.

The Patriots played a 0-5-6 defense several times today. It was awesome.

If your starting quarterback is built like a linebacker, why is your short yardage play to have the skinny backup come in and run east-west?

No shit? For how many snaps, and, what was the typical down/distance????

So sorry I missed seeing something like that.

Maybe 4-6 times, every time on third-and-long. Zero linemen, five LBs, 6 DBs, everybody standing up.

Granted, it was against the Bills, but it was quite effective in confusing their blocking assignments.

Maybe 4-6 times, every time on third-and-long. Zero linemen, five LBs, 6 DBs, everybody standing up.

Granted, it was against the Bills, but it was quite effective in confusing their blocking assignments.

That's freaking awesome. How cool is it to watch sports on a regular basis and still occasionally see something you've never seen before? Nice.

Apparently they should do that more often.

Apparently I can't count, because according to Mike Reiss the Pats used it on 18 snaps. It was partly an effort to confuse Buffalo, partly to give the depleted defensive line a blow and partly because New England's regular third-and-long defense has been so horrible this year.

You can't really use it on normal down-and-distance situations because the offense can just audible to a run, and you probably don't want to use it all the time in passing situations, but it worked well as part of the mix.

Nice game by the Chargers yesterday, glad to see the crow get into it.
Vincent Jackson continues to deliver.

In another note, I can not understand Shannon Sharpe when he talks.
horse_face-thumb-200x266.jpg

Apparently I can't count, because according to Mike Reiss the Pats used it on 18 snaps. It was partly an effort to confuse Buffalo, partly to give the depleted defensive line a blow and partly because New England's regular third-and-long defense has been so horrible this year.

You can't really use it on normal down-and-distance situations because the offense can just audible to a run, and you probably don't want to use it all the time in passing situations, but it worked well as part of the mix.

It was funny because on their first possession the Bills just marched it down the field on the ground, but the Pats' waiting-for-the-bus formation really seemed to confuse them.

so mike tomlin went for an onsides kick late in the 4th quarter... while his team had the lead. odds say that surprise onsides kicks work 60% of the time. in this case it failed and green bay scored 8 points in short order... only tomlin has proven himself to be even more of a genius than bill belichick, because his team was able to comeback and win from his bonehead, dipshit, makes no sense yet somehow is statisticly correct coaching decision.

so mike tomlin went for an onsides kick late in the 4th quarter... while his team had the lead. odds say that surprise onsides kicks work 60% of the time. in this case it failed and green bay scored 8 points in short order... only tomlin has proven himself to be even more of a genius than bill belichick, because his team was able to comeback and win from his bonehead, dipshit, makes no sense yet somehow is statisticly correct coaching decision.

Advanced NFL Stats says that going by baseline statistics, it's the correct move.

But if you think the baseline stats are off, the fact that the Steelers' defense had been poor all game and the kick coverage team awful all year make it a perfectly defensible decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom