New Pearl Jam in May?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Concerning the last two albums, Binaural was amazing. Riot Act isn't horrible, but very little of it leaves an impression after a few listens (really only "I Am Mine", "Green Disease" and "Arc" keep me interested).

As for Lost Dogs, yes, it was just a collection of b-sides, but a lot of great material didn't end up on it in favor of some never before heard stuff that was mostly rubbish. Definitely didn't have half the tracks I would've put on such a release (although "Undone" is a glorious 'new' track). The greatest hits comp was lame in that it didn't have enough selections from Yield and Binaural......

New song is still horrid, btw.

I love the new song :huh:

Anyway, Binaural and Riot Act are their two weakest efforts IMO but they're still awesome. Light Years:drool: , Grievance:rockon:, Thin Air, Insignificance, Love Boat Captain:drool: , Can't Keep, Thumbing My Way:drool: , Save You:rockon:

But nothing compares to Yield or No Code

Headache in a Suitcase said:
at the hewson headache center i assume
Yes.

And based on whats been happening, I still advise you to attempt to buy Jersey today. (if you do and see a "Sold out" icon, just keep checking, the server has issues, but the "Buy" option will pop up eventually.)
The fan club seats seem to definitely be limited (exception seems to be Toronto) there is much speculation that they are now limited by Ticketmaster/Clear Channel to about 10% of capacity, so even a high member number could get you pretty good seats, say like 108, 109 or so. Who knows?

Ashley said:

Yes, but that's the Eddie Vedder style. :lol:

No, he normally sounds like sheep, i.e. "the shaaades go dooown." This sounds like he was literally drinking water!

Ahhh...Vitalogy, No Code and Yield, what brilliant albums, three in a row. :drool: My heart aches a little when I listen to these three albums because damnit, this band can be so %&&^ good and I just don't understand why we're no longer connecting. :(

I listened to "WWS" a little more over the weekend and it's still not doing anything for me but it is slightly better than what I expected to hear initially.

phanan said:
I finally took the time to hear World Wide Suicide, and I like it. It sounds like it could've been from Vitalogy. Great riff.

I heard it last night for the first time and agree the little riff sounds like it's pulled directly from the Vitalogy era.

Early on, the problem I'm having with the song is that it doesn't sound like it has any mustard driving it. Where's the passion?

Vitalogy is full of energy that's needed to turn riffs into Rock. WWS lacks badly in this area. Going back to a Vitalogy era sound without the requisite abandon driving the songs is a very bad idea.

Wild energy and abandon have always been two of PJ's biggest strengths. I'm afraid PJ doesn't have the creative chops to keep things interesting if those things aren't there, like some bands can. For example, the sound of WWS is pure Rock vanilla without the mustard to give it a wacky and uncomfortabe taste.

Layton said:

WWS is pure Rock vanilla without the mustard to give it a wacky and uncomfortabe taste.

Mighty descriptive...suddenly, I'm hungry :drool:

I like this song much more than I did a few days ago. Still, I hope the rest of the album is a little more screwy. Even if WWS is a bit of crafted single, I'm really appreciating the lyrics--the political bent. I don't think anyone can deny the fact that PJ have more to say about the world these days, rather than just themselves.

But, yes, more mustard. Mustard + meaning = :drool:

Layton said:

I heard it last night for the first time and agree the little riff sounds like it's pulled directly from the Vitalogy era.

Early on, the problem I'm having with the song is that it doesn't sound like it has any mustard driving it. Where's the passion?

Vitalogy is full of energy that's needed to turn riffs into Rock. WWS lacks badly in this area. Going back to a Vitalogy era sound without the requisite abandon driving the songs is a very bad idea.

Wild energy and abandon have always been two of PJ's biggest strengths. I'm afraid PJ doesn't have the creative chops to keep things interesting if those things aren't there, like some bands can. For example, the sound of WWS is pure Rock vanilla without the mustard to give it a wacky and uncomfortabe taste.

Maybe that's why they're not connecting with me--WWS doesn't have any mustard so it feels artificial. They're giving me artificial vanilla rock and no mustard.

:(

angel_of_L.A. said:

They're giving me artificial vanilla rock and no mustard.

Last time I had that I couldn't leave the house for two days and lost 10 lbs., if you know what I mean.

So, by all means make sure the mustard is always in the vanilla my Jam ass friends.

World Wide Suicide single is out on iTunes.
The really good news is that it includes another album track - Unemployable.
It sounds really great. Totally different than anything PJ has done in the past. Sounds more like The Police or Bruce Springsteen.

djerdap said:
World Wide Suicide single is out on iTunes.
The really good news is that it includes another album track - Unemployable.
It sounds really great. Totally different than anything PJ has done in the past. Sounds more like The Police or Bruce Springsteen.

Anyone have a link? I'll be buying the album in may (just in case Eddie reads this).

did someone just insinuate that bruce springsteen and the police sound similar? :scratch:
Springsteen-like verses, Police-like chorus.
Never said they sound similar.

Just getting into PJ and hope to see them in Camden and DC. Love the new single!

listening to unemployable right now... i can certainly see how someone would say it may have been police influenced.

i dig it.

How about posting it?

I'm fully into WWS now...I'm thinking it's their strongest opening single since Vs or Vitalogy. :up:

angelordevil said:

I'm fully into WWS now...I'm thinking it's their strongest opening single since Vs or Vitalogy. :up:

Yeah I'm starting to catch onto it also...

I disagree about it being their strongest opening single since Vs. or Vitalogy though. I can't remember which was first off of Riot Act(serious head cold right now), but "I Am Mine" and "Save You" were both better songs IMO and did pretty well on the radio.

I Am Mine was the lead single off Riot Act.

I think Nothing as it Seems, the lead single off of Binaural is much better (especially through headphones as intended).

How can the tickets be sold out??? I was there on the minute at 9:00 AM as the screen refreshed into the Look For Tickets screen!!! :mad:

Fucking TicketBastard! :banghead:

Who knows the ways of TM, Zootlesque. I was there at the stroke of 9 too, then got the dreaded wait screen for 10 minutes. Did manage to score a single though, Sec 126, row 7 for the Saturday show at Continental - not bad for non-10 Club in this area and it's not a dreaded upper!

I was trying specifically for 3 tickets so maybe that's why it was even harder! Anyway, I managed to get 3 lawn seats at Camden! :lol: Can't believe how fast the GA seats sell out.. it's fucking nuts! :crazy:

Zootlesque said:
I was trying specifically for 3 tickets so maybe that's why it was even harder! Anyway, I managed to get 3 lawn seats at Camden! :lol: Can't believe how fast the GA seats sell out.. it's fucking nuts! :crazy:

Both Camden shows had GA tickets available two hours after on sale, but now the 27th is soldout and there are only tickets available for the 28th. The Tweeter Center is a big place. 7,000 seats in the pavilion and normally 18,000 capacity for the lawn for a combined total of 25,000 available tickets. Pearl Jam got 43,000 people for their two shows there in 2003, and Soldout pairs of shows(50,000 combined total) in both 2000 and 1998. The Philadelphia area might be Pearl Jam's strongest market anywhere in the world.

Back
Top Bottom