New Pearl Jam in May?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rumors are that Worldwide Suicide, the first single, is already circulating on some radios.

Greetings everyone Ed here,

Sorry for not being around these past few days but I have been busy with planning everything for the uh, uh, well, uh, you know.

Now, I will answer uh, some uh, of your uh, questions/comments.

As for our new interefernce member, "Ed Vedder", well any true Pearl Jam fan, including Fake Edge, would know you couldn't be the real thing since one can not access Interference from a typewriter.

Stone, somehow connected a "computer" to my typewriter! It's great. Stone is a mad genius. I'm sure not many people know of his true talents.

It would appear that the band is in the booking pocess and some of the rumored tour stops may be preliminary holds on arenas while an itinerary is finalized.

Stop spying on me!! Everything has been booked..uh, well, uh almost.

now that i've become addicted to being on the floor after the last u2 tour, i wonder how i'm gonna be able to get that close for pearl jam when they give those tickets to long time ten club members

Yes, unlike U2 we appreciate our long-term fans. Uh, it's about the music uh, so it shouldn't uh, matter where you are at uh, we will blow the roof off the place. You know, uh, we are Pearl Jam, uh the BEST BAND LIVE!

Some radio stations reported May 2nd as the date of the album release, with Worldwide Suicide as the first single, which will be released on radios in late March/April.

Yeah, Mike and I cranked call radio stations with that information! Uh, we were uh, bored. Sure, get's our fans uh, riled up!!

oh btw, Hi Eddie!

Hi. Please call me Ed.

Rumors are that Worldwide Suicide, the first single, is already circulating on some radios.

False. Our uh, first uh single will be tittled "Elderly woman behind the counter in small town moves to a bigger town and a bigger counter" Uh, it's like a follow up to uh, a previous uh, song.

Look for a rather large announcement on or about March 1.

Uh, no. An announcement will made shortly. I promise.

Thank you all uh, um, uh I hope I put all these rumors to rest and uh, uh, um, uh, take care of each other.

Peave and Love

-Ed Vedder

Last edited:
Pangaea or Pangea (derived from Παγγαία, Greek for "all earth") is the name given to the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras, before the process of plate tectonics separated each of the component continents into their current configuration. The name was coined by Alfred Wegener, chief proponent of Continental Drift in 1915.

The continents apparently first coalesced to form Pangaea about 300 Mya (million years ago), giving rise to several prominent mountain ranges by the process known as orogeny. Several of these ranges still exist, although they have become much lower by means of erosion. The Appalachians of eastern North America, the Atlas Mountains of North Africa, and the Urals of Eurasia are prime examples. The mantle under Pangaea's former location seemingly remained very hot even after coalescence, convection currents within the underlying magma pushing the centre of the supercontinent upward. As a result, the area that is now the continent of Africa was situated tens of meters higher than the surrounding continents.

In configuration, Pangaea was a C-shaped landmass that spread across the equator. The body of water that was enclosed within the resulting crescent has been named the Tethys Sea. Owing to Pangaea's massive size, the inland regions appear to have been very dry due to the lack of precipitation. The large supercontinent would potentially have allowed terrestrial animals to migrate freely all the way from the South Pole to the North Pole.

The vast ocean that once surrounded the supercontinent of Pangaea has been named Panthalassa. Pangaea, it seems, broke up about 180 Ma in the Jurassic Period, firstly into two supercontinents (Gondwana to the south and Laurasia to the north), thereafter into the continents as we understand them today.

Pangaea was not the first supercontinent. From the evidence available, scientists reconstruct that a predecessor, termed Pannotia, formed about 600 Ma, before dividing again some 50 million years later. Another, Rodinia, apparently formed approximately 1,100 Ma and divided 750 Ma

and the news on the tour shall be forthcoming as well? :hyper:

perhaps there may have to be the long awaited meeting of the minds at either the headache hewson center or headache square garden :hmm:

my post u2 tour depression has left... replaced with pre-pearl jam tour anticipation :combust:

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Wouldn't March 1 qualify as "shortly" (8 days from now), Ed?

Why yes of course. Uh, but so is Feb 27 uh, and.. and even March 2. Right?

- Ed Vedder

Uh, well, scientists believe that Pangea broke apart for the same reason that the plates are moving today, you see. Uh, the movement is caused by the convection currents that roll over in the upper zone of the mantle. This movement in the mantle causes the plates to move slowly across the surface of the Earth. About 200 million years ago Pangaea broke into two new continents Laurasia and Gondwanaland. Laurasia was made of the present day continents of North America (Greenland), Europe, and Asia. Gondwanaland was made of the present day continents of Antarctica, Australia, South America. The subcontinent of India was also part of Gondwanaland. Notice that at this time India was not connected to Asia. The huge ocean of Panthalassa remained but the Atlantic Ocean was going to be born soon with the splitting of North America from the Eurasian Plate.

But the uh, question should be, how do we know that South America was attached to Africa and not to North America 180 million years ago?

- Ed Vedder

Hewson said:
Pangaea or Pangea (derived from Παγγαία, Greek for "all earth") is the name given to the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras, before the process of plate tectonics separated each of the component continents into their current configuration. The name was coined by Alfred Wegener, chief proponent of Continental Drift in 1915.

The continents apparently first coalesced to form Pangaea about 300 Mya (million years ago), giving rise to several prominent mountain ranges by the process known as orogeny. Several of these ranges still exist, although they have become much lower by means of erosion. The Appalachians of eastern North America, the Atlas Mountains of North Africa, and the Urals of Eurasia are prime examples. The mantle under Pangaea's former location seemingly remained very hot even after coalescence, convection currents within the underlying magma pushing the centre of the supercontinent upward. As a result, the area that is now the continent of Africa was situated tens of meters higher than the surrounding continents.

In configuration, Pangaea was a C-shaped landmass that spread across the equator. The body of water that was enclosed within the resulting crescent has been named the Tethys Sea. Owing to Pangaea's massive size, the inland regions appear to have been very dry due to the lack of precipitation. The large supercontinent would potentially have allowed terrestrial animals to migrate freely all the way from the South Pole to the North Pole.

The vast ocean that once surrounded the supercontinent of Pangaea has been named Panthalassa. Pangaea, it seems, broke up about 180 Ma in the Jurassic Period, firstly into two supercontinents (Gondwana to the south and Laurasia to the north), thereafter into the continents as we understand them today.

Pangaea was not the first supercontinent. From the evidence available, scientists reconstruct that a predecessor, termed Pannotia, formed about 600 Ma, before dividing again some 50 million years later. Another, Rodinia, apparently formed approximately 1,100 Ma and divided 750 Ma

Chuck Norris gave a round house kick to Pangea and that's how it broke up and gave birth to the 7 continents.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:lmao:

ahh chuck norris... you never cease to amaze me.

and do we really need someone who actually believes their eddie vedder posting around here? aren't people who think they're eli manning or hulk hogan enough?

I am Eddie Vedder. And to your last question, um, no.

- Ed Vedder

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:lmao:

ahh chuck norris... you never cease to amaze me.

and do we really need someone who actually believes their eddie vedder posting around here? aren't people who think they're eli manning or hulk hogan enough?

Let's not forget Sly Stallone also.

Word from the PJ forum moderator yesterday was that it would be a good idea for 10 club members to be sure their membership and info is up to date.
Last time such an announcement was made, the 2005 Canadian tour announcement followed a week later.
Coincides with the May 1 announcement I hinted at earlier in the thread. I think we may have a tour announcement in a week.

Hewson said:

Coincides with the May 1 announcement I hinted at earlier in the thread. I think we may have a tour announcement in a week.

:scratch: Are you telling me that in one week it will be MAY 1? :wink:

djerdap said:
Some radio stations reported May 2nd as the date of the album release, with Worldwide Suicide as the first single, which will be released on radios in late March/April.

All of this is unofficial and rumored, of course.

Officially official...:drool:

row1.jpg

Suddenly, I'm very stoked. Although I didn't really like Riot Act or the track selection on the Lost Dogs and rearviewmirror compilations...........but yeah, one of my favorite bands, so I'm hoping they knock this one out of the park (in terms of quality.....I could care less how many are listening).......

This thread is friggin hilarious. :laugh:

Hi Ed remember when we met on Halloween in SF a few years back and my friend and I gave you a sex toy? Good times! AWESOME show!

I was a 10 Club member for a long time and I let my membership lapse two years ago...I don't really care for anything they've released post-"Yield." Hopefully, this album will mark a comeback for them but what's with the crappy song titles?

Never the less, this band is worth every penny live so I may renew just for the shows.

Hewson said:
I wanna be Kenneth Gaspar!!!

Sorry that job is uh, filled.

yeah, one of my favorite bands, so I'm hoping they knock this one out of the park (in terms of quality.....I could care less how many are listening)

We have worked our assess off to make this album uh, uh, TOP QUALITY. You won't be getting any of this "Unos, dos, tres, catorce ..... Hello-Hello" crap! oops, I uh, shouldn't have said that huh? :wink:

Word from the PJ forum moderator yesterday was that it would be a good idea for 10 club members to be sure their membership and info is up to date.
Last time such an announcement was made, the 2005 Canadian tour announcement followed a week later.

Uh, um, Uh, Not May 1. Uh, I bet BUSH IS BEHIND THIS! :mad:

Hi Ed remember when we met on Halloween in SF a few years back and my friend and I gave you a sex toy? Good times! AWESOME show!

Uh, wow! Don't remember. I was uh, probably drunk! *laughs* But uh, no really, uh... angel_of_L.A., this is not for you!!

10 Club member for a long time and I let my membership lapse two years ago...I don't really care for anything they've released post-"Yield." Hopefully, this album will mark a comeback for them but what's with the crappy song titles?

Well, uh, uh, F*$()!! AND #)@#& $($%)!

Nevertheless, this band is worth every penny live so I may renew just for the shows.

:wink: Why thank you.

Cheers & Happy Surfing my friends,

Ed Vedder

Back
Top Bottom