NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't know the knicks and suns were competing for the same playoff spot...

the suns have better players than the knicks, they should have a better record. the knicks are still young and finding their way and lack a true star... for now.

they do have two potential stars though... wilson chandler has shown that ability but is way too inconsistant right now. but then there's that other guy...

6b4d067df6b65951c34c6cfdf5806024-getty-82991051nb019_suns_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

gallo has had his minutes increased in each of his three games since returning, and his stats have gone up with each game...

vs. philly, 15 minutes, 6 points on 2 of 4 shooting (2 of 3 from three), 0 rebounds
vs chicago, 16 minutes, 9 points on 4 of 7 shooting (1 of 2 from three), 4 rebounds
vs. phoenix, 18 minutes, 10 points on 4 of 7 shooting (2 of 4 from three), 4 rebounds

the stats don't even tell the whole story... he's looked really, really good and has provided a spark off the bench at key times. it's a matter of time before danilo is in the starting lineup.

hey cheif? feel free to talk about whatever you'd like. i'm from new york, i'm gonna talk mostly about the knicks... in fact, most of my posts over the past 6 or 7 years or however long i've been posting here have been about how terrible the knicks are.

alright slugger? is that okay with you? feel free to contribute whatever you feel about whatever team you'd like.

that's not nice :mad:

honestly though... gallo's skill set + d'antoni's offense = gold

matter of time... you can tell mike wants to put him in more and more with each passing game. and he just turned 20 :drool:

Hell, he was D'Antoni's draft pick, so why not? I don't doubt that he'll develop into something great, too.

It took about 2-3 years for Dwight Howard to come into his own, and he'll only get better. He's also a fucking beast, so there's that.

Whatever, the knicks blow. They're still like seven games back of phoenix.

If we're comparing these 2 teams, I'd rather be a Knicks fan right now.
Sure Phoenix will have a better record this year, but they have zero shot at advancing any further than maybe the 2nd round of the playoffs...and they are definitely on the downside, their window is closing fast and they'll need a complete rebuild soon as Nash hits middle age and Shaq retires, they'll have Amare, but they'll need to piece a lot around him to think about contending.
The Knicks are young and on the rise, they need more, but have cap space in a couple years to go after Lebron or some other bigtime player...they've got a lot of good pieces right now that woulcompliment a superstar well.

Watch the Knicks sign Amare and Nash in a year or so, too. That'll be nuts.

Chris Paul was 3 steals short of a quadruple-double last night. That's just crazy.

So the Pacers and now the Bobcats have beaten both the Celtics and Lakers. Also I think the Pistons have beaten the Cavs and Lakers, but Detroit is better than Indy and Charlotte.

Detroit and Charlotte may be playing at about the same level right now, I'd say.

I'm not sure if anyone has been following this, but NY Knick, Eddie Curry's ex-girlfriend and the mother of his 2 small children, Nova Henry, was murdered recently. Even worse was that Curry's 10 month old daughter was also killed and his 3 year old son witnessed the murders. The Knicks, of course, have allowed Curry an indefinite leave of absence from the team. The police have the murder suspect in custody, but his name hasn't been released.

Loved the win against The LeBrons tonight, but I'm not sold on the Magic until they beat the Celtics. Hell, won't be sold until they get to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom