NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the kind messages, everyone. getting offline for a couple days really helped clear my mind a bit. let's go raptors. :up:

can someone please explain to me how anyone expects that a ~60% healthy (at best) kevin durant, who hasn't even done anything more strenuous than some light shooting in over a month, who clearly won't be able to play anything close to full minutes if he even does suit up, is going to be instantly effective against the hottest defense in basketball, and sustain that for three straight games (two of which are away)?

can someone please explain to me how anyone expects that a ~60% healthy (at best) kevin durant, who hasn't even done anything more strenuous than some light shooting in over a month, who clearly won't be able to play anything close to full minutes if he even does suit up, is going to be instantly effective against the hottest defense in basketball, and sustain that for three straight games (two of which are away)?

Hollywood script?

I don't know. Maybe his presence on the floor can help some with spacing and get better looks for Curry and Klay, but I don't think he's going to be able to tip the scales by any means.

I think this thing ends tonight barring either a Kawhi injury or David Stern and Tim Donaghy getting their old jobs back for a night.

Well they somehow managed to win Game 2, so assuming KD doesn’t make them worse it’s not exactly a fantasy that they could win another with whatever contributions he can make.

Certainly can happen, but in game 2 it looked like Toronto really figured something out defensively in the 4th quarter, were unable to capitalize enough to win the game as they had gotten down big and went cold late, still cut it to 2 with under 30 seconds left. Since then the Raptors have dominated including holding Golden Shower to their lowest point total of the playoffs in game 4.

NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

Read a garbage take in Complex that a)it’s a must win tonight - for the Raptors, and b)if they don’t win, the series is over. For the Raptors.

I couldn’t find an eyeroll big enough.

Because you can't leave him open.

That instantly adjusts the defensive game plan. The double teams and box and 1s that Nurse was running at Steph are off the table with KD on the floor.

It also allows Golden State to play their "Hamptons 5" lineup with Draymond at the 5. This moves Boogie back to spot minutes and Bogut's corpse back to the bench.

And Durant in a complimentary role is arguably more dangerous than Durant in the alpha role, but that's a whole 'nother conversation for a whole 'nother day.

There's no doubt that Toronto is absolutely in the driver's seat and is now the favorites to win the title. But that guy being on the floor forces a game change plan.

Last edited:
yea i get that having to make defensive adjustments is going to make an impact, but he's obviously still badly hurt and going to be defended by a mostly-healthy kawhi leonard. i just don't get why warriors fans are celebrating this like he's 100% back and about to drop 200 points in the next 3 games.

honestly i don't even really know why durant is taking this risk with free agency upcoming. i get that he wants another ring but this just seems to me like a recipe for a snapped achilles.

yea i get that having to make defensive adjustments is going to make an impact, but he's obviously still badly hurt and going to be defended by a mostly-healthy kawhi leonard. i just don't get why warriors fans are celebrating this like he's 100% back and about to drop 200 points in the next 3 games.

honestly i don't even really know why durant is taking this risk with free agency upcoming. i get that he wants another ring but this just seems to me like a recipe for a snapped achilles.

Well...

If he was still badly hurt, he wouldn't be playing.

It's incredibly unlikely that this would lead to his Achilles snapping, and if either Durant or the Warriors felt this was a possibility there isn't a chance he'd be on the court.

To your point, if Kawhi is guarding Durant he's not guarding Steph or Klay

I don't see a ton or celebration, but it's pretty much the only thing they have right now so they're grasping on hard.

Vegas still sees the game as a pick em, although the money is moving slightly in Golden State's favor.

Harden, Davis, Lilliard, Barnes, Beal, Drummond, Gordon, Harris, Kuzma, Lopez, Love, Lowry, McCollum, Middleton, Millsap, Mitchell, Tatum, Turner, Walker.

That's the team that Delly and the boys are gonna fucking thrash when Team USA comes up against the might of the Boomers.

Hollywood script?

I don't know. Maybe his presence on the floor can help some with spacing and get better looks for Curry and Klay, but I don't think he's going to be able to tip the scales by any means.

lol

for the record i would rather have had durant playing the entire series unhurt, win or lose. i never want a team of mine to win because of injury. fuck those rich idiots in the arena.

I think it’s unfair to think that Durant is the reason they’re down 3 games to 1. They’ve shown an ability to win without Durant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom