NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klay tore his ACL. Devastating.

These last 2 games really put the upcoming offseason into a tailspin.

2 of the biggest free agent prizes now out for most or all of next season. Could both be on the Warriors roster next year and not play the entire season?

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Kyrie should be a smashing success in Brooklyn without KD.

holy fuck what a night that was. i would say i'll never forget it but i already can't remember much past about 20 minutes after the game ended lol.

The fact that they let him back out on the court is legitimately criticizable.

isn't the rule that the player who gets fouled has to take the free throws without exception?

guys have played football on busted ACLs before - carson wentz threw a touchdown pass on the next play after he got injured and phillip rivers played an entire playoff game with a torn ACL but of course, there's also RG3. and being a football quarterback obviously doesn't involve as much jumping and lateral movement as basketball.

Last edited:
If I understand the rule correctly, the player cannot return to the game if he does not take the shots. I highly doubt a player would be required to take the shots after any injury, because obviously not every player will be capable of doing so.

Right, if he doesn't take the shots, he can't return to the game.
From what I understand it was his decision to return and take the shots, they hadn't examined him fully yet, so I suppose he hoped it wasn't as devastating as it seemed and he might have a shot to wrap it and go back in. Once they got him to the locker room and examined him they announced he was done.

Hyperextension doesn't always equal full tear.

And a full/partial/no tear sprain of a ligament hyperextension receives the exact same type of acute treatment. And in all cases, the player is risking further injury by playing on the injury.

He exhibited every single sign of a partial or full tear. The visual impact, the pop, the wobble/limp, that’s not the kind of injury that they’ll triage by saying “can you put weight on it?” It’s not a broken bone. The minute he’s walking the way he was down the tunnel, he’s done.

If I understand the rule correctly, the player cannot return to the game if he does not take the shots. I highly doubt a player would be required to take the shots after any injury, because obviously not every player will be capable of doing so.

Right, if he doesn't take the shots, he can't return to the game.

ah right, that's what i was thinking of, gracias.

From ESPN: Players under contract for Lakers next season once trade is official: LeBron, Davis, Moritz Wagner, Kyle Kuzma, Isaac Bonga

Lolz

Pretty sure every team knows LeBron = win now and that’s just the nature of signing him in the first place.

Sure, and this is as good a time to strike as any with KD and Klay up in the air for 2019-2020. Could be a great season for the Lakers. But between AD's injury history and LBJ's age, it has a decent chance of backfiring too.

I like this trade because I'm in LA and it'll liven things up.

Funny you should say that...

LaVar Ball: Lakers 'going to regret' trading Lonzo

"I guarantee: Like I say again, it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship”

Sure, Jan.

Well, this is the guy who said that Lonzo is better than Steph Curry and that DiAngelo is stronger than Zion Williamson, so I think we should really take his warning seriously.

The move has good potential to benefit both teams and LaVar is a dumbass.

That said, I also see the Pelicans being the superior and more sustainable team in a few years. LA needs to snatch up another star or two and capitalize right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom