MTV europe awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
it's a sad day when all of a sudden you find yourself having nothing better to do than to watch the mtv europe awards but man was coldplay on fire...I'm not a big fan of the new material but this was well..ehmm pretty exciting...chris martin 'stole' some of bono's moves..he even took a phone and sang parts of the song...

get a life zwervers2!!!!!!!!!

yeppppp you're right

take care!!!

Fans camp out for Madonna ahead of MTV music awards Thursday November 3, 04:54 PM

LISBON (Reuters) - Fans camped out overnight for a front-of-stage view of Madonna, who performs the first single from her eagerly awaited new album later on Thursday at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Lisbon.

It will be the first world-wide televised live performance of "Hung Up", from the 47-year-old superstar's latest album "Confessions on a Dancefloor", although the track has been available to
download from selected Web sites since last month

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/03112005/325/fans-camp-madonna-ahead-mtv-music-awards.html

'Wow. People who lined up the longest got the best views! Now there is an original idea and a nice way to treat your fans.'

Wow! Madonna's presentation was great! The old Madonna's back! But just one thing for those who saw that performance: don't you think that... that the way she got in the stage (getting out of a mirrorball that opens) is too similar to U2's Popmart 'Lemon's entrance'???

zwervers2 said:
it's a sad day when all of a sudden you find yourself having nothing better to do than to watch the mtv europe awards but man was coldplay on fire...I'm not a big fan of the new material but this was well..ehmm pretty exciting...chris martin 'stole' some of bono's moves..he even took a phone and sang parts of the song...

get a life zwervers2!!!!!!!!!

yeppppp you're right

take care!!!

zwervers, my friend! :rockon:

I've been listening a lot to X&Y lately, it's actually quite good, not nearly as bad as people in here want to make it.

gorillaz won the most important award, which proves some people at least have good taste.

i sat through this bullshit solely because borat (sascha cohen) was hosting it.

"I laugh, because in Kazakhstan, Shakira is the word for 'vagina'!"

Borat: I like'a, shoot dog.
Dating Service Chick: You like listening to Snoop Dogg?
Borat: No, *SHOOT* dog.

yikes, this is becoming a sascha cohen appreciation thread, lol. seriously though, the man's a genius :yes:

I saw about an hour of it.
I saw the Black Eyed Peas (horrible)
I saw Foo Fighters (not my favorite song, but a good performance) Sasha was crawling on the stage and they stopped halfway thru....pretty funny
and Shakira (well, her ass looks good does that count?)
and finally System of a Down, who I actually like, sounded like piss. Terrible.

I didn't see Madonna besides giving Bob Geldof an award.

I love Madonna, I don't give a fuck what you say. She looks good. She sounds good. Ray of Light, that whole album is badass.

Systems performance was terrible, I'm sorry :(

Now, Colday was good. Like Green Day.

But why were they all imitating U2?!
I mean, first "the lemon" of Maddonna, then the "stage" very familiar with Vertigo Tour, then Chris making some moves that look alike bono's the performance of Green Day, that "searchlight" (Like U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky) ...

This proffs that U2 are the greatests :wink:

Tyagu_Anaykus said:
Systems performance was terrible, I'm sorry :(

Now, Colday was good. Like Green Day.

I mean, first "the lemon" of Maddonna, then the "stage" very familiar with Vertigo Tour, then Chris making some moves that look alike bono's the performance of Green Day, that "searchlight" (Like U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky) ...

I thought the same thing during Coldplay's performence. When Martin started approaching the guitarist down the walkway, I thought it was only a matter of time before he lowered his head and started to do a pretend bullfight with him!

And u didnt like SOAD?:sad: I thought it was a great way to end the show!:rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

I thought the same thing during Coldplay's performence. When Martin started approaching the guitarist down the walkway, I thought it was only a matter of time before he lowered his head and started to do a pretend bullfight with him!

damn I quote you and forgot to reply
:ohmy:

yes! THAT'S what I thought too!!

About SOAD, While I agree It was a good way to end the show, I don't... something didn't just connected with me. Plus the guitarist missed some notes.

But I agree with the award they won :)
They're really alternative lol. God, sometimes I even laugh at the musics. They're so criative :drool:

Madonna kicked ass. Yes, I did catch the whole "coming out of a disco lemmon ball" thing.

I don't know much about Robbie Williams, but I did not care for his performance or the song

I LOOOVED System of a Down:rockon:

Tyagu_Anaykus said:
Now, Coldplay was good. Like Green Day.

Chris making some moves that look alike bono's
the performance of Green Day, that "searchlight" (Like U2 - Bullet the Blue Sky) ...

They're all 'trying' to be something that they are clearly NOT !! :shame:

This is one of the reasons I just 'don't get' what's up with Billie Joe Armstrong ...
and to top it off, now Chris Martin fits that reason too. :tsk:

They have to imitate other people/bands so fans will like them. Obviously, that's the case !! :ohmy: :sad:

Jeez, I noticed the whole wannabe U2 thing too, Madonna coming out of the "lemon" and Green Day with the light like in Bullet The Blue Sky......

I didn't watch all of it, Borat was just too crap for words..... it wasn't funny. - Green Day and Foo Fighters performances were good though.

If you guys wanted to learn from someone, wouldn't you like to learn from the best? :sexywink:

Total U2 Nut said:
Jeez, I noticed the whole wannabe U2 thing too, Madonna coming out of the "lemon" and Green Day with the light like in Bullet The Blue Sky......

Thankfully U2 never watched George Clinton get out of his Mothership... :|
And weren't David Bowie and Peter Gabriel not searchlight in the Seventies and the early Eighties?

:sigh:

:silent: Sorry.
I didn't realise the many worlds that would fall apart, dreams that would be shattered and illusions lost...
:reject:

And hey, how's this for an original thought: don't bash Coldplay (or Green Day).
;)

Back
Top Bottom