MLB 2010 The Third - B. Wood Popped Out to Catcher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you been to PNC?

Nope. Other than the view of downtown Pittsburgh, what so great about it? It's a marvelous view but other than that, nothing really stands out. I'd place PNC over any ballpark that was built after it however, though I'm not sure about Target Field. In terms of National League ballparks, I'd probably place PNC behind AT&T, Coors and ahead of Wrigley (strictly nostalgic). It's above Dodger Stadium, the most overrated MLB venue currently in use.

Nope. Other than the view of downtown Pittsburgh, what so great about it? It's a marvelous view but other than that, nothing really stands out. I'd place PNC over any ballpark that was built after it however, though I'm not sure about Target Field. In terms of National League ballparks, I'd probably place PNC behind AT&T, Coors and ahead of Wrigley (strictly nostalgic). It's above Dodger Stadium, the most overrated MLB venue currently in use.

Well, to each their own. I like PNC a lot. Agreed that PNC belongs behind AT&T, though. Coors does nothing for me, however.

Wrigley would be a lot better if it wasn't chock full of Cubs fans.

So, the word on the street is a deal where Werth leaves and the Phils get Oswalt. Basic logic infers that there's a third team, a contender, who would flip prospects to Houston in order to rent Werth for the stretch run.

In spite of their record, and the humiliating loss to the 'stros yesterday, at the very least, I am impressed that it appears the Cubs' offense has finally awoken.

Aramis has had himself a hell of a July.

And the other (skinnier) A. Ramirez in the league is playing damn well, too. Especially with the glove.

Two easy, breezy victories over Seattle. Too bad King Felix has to pitch tomorrow, or else this would have been our easiest sweep of the year.

Oh, we can still win. It just would have been easier to get the sweep if we'd missed Felix's turn in the rotation. In each of the first three series against the Royals this year, we were lucky enough to miss Greinke. Can't be lucky all the time, I guess. I'm looking forward to the game.

So, the word on the street is a deal where Werth leaves and the Phils get Oswalt. Basic logic infers that there's a third team, a contender, who would flip prospects to Houston in order to rent Werth for the stretch run.

This would be huge. I'd love to see a deal like that go down. Houston needs to sell every veteran they can.

This would be huge. I'd love to see a deal like that go down. Houston needs to sell every veteran they can.
It seems to be breaking down now. First of all, the Phillies have stopped trying to do it all in one deal; Werth will be in one deal and they will acquire pitching some other way. Second, Oswalt won't go anywhere unless the team guarantees his 2012 option (at $16 million). It's highly unlikely that the Phils give into that demand; they gave up on Cliff Lee because he wanted a long-term deal.

It's hard to sift through all the articles pertaining to the Yankees because so many of the beat writers treat their own conjecture like it's fact. I'll just say that from where I sit, their greatest need is for a reliable arm for the bullpen. I think it's fair to say that Joba is not the answer. I don't trust Robertson yet, and, Chan Ho has been less than stellar this season. Aceves has suffered a few setbacks in his recovery, Mitre is off to the rotation for as long as Pettitte is out, and Marte has been ok but he's mostly a lefty v lefty guy. So, if there's a reliable middle or late inning reliever out there I'd be surprised if Cashman did not pursue him.

Gump, if you read this, any news on Aceves, and, any rumors you've read that seem credible?

I've been away, so little interwebz access and even less baseball viewing. Last I heard about Ace wasn't encouraging, I think they are probably counting on him not coming back anytime soon.

How did Albajadero do yesterday?

Edit: Montero is back to dominating in the minors. So glad that deal didn't go through. Hope to see him in the majors in September.

Fantastic pitchers' duel so far here in Seattle. Gavin Floyd (who btw has the best ERA in the AL since June 8th) and the Felix are both cuttin em down.

Chip...long time no see!

However, I dislike your post. :wink:

Please have mercy on us this weekend. :(

Eh we have our 2 worst starters going in Chicago, so you'll probably take 2 out of 3. Of course when we get Oswalt, a rotation of Wainwright/Carpenter/Oswalt will be fearsome in the playoffs.

The Cubbies dropped two of three to the Astros? The Houston area hasn't seen such a convincing victory since the Battle of San Jacinto!

Fantastic pitchers' duel so far here in Seattle. Gavin Floyd (who btw has the best ERA in the AL since June 8th) and the Felix are both cuttin em down.
p1_floyd.jpg

Welcome to the win column, Mr. Lee.
cliffleephillies.jpg

I hate everything.

Eat it, Lackey.

Edit: And now he doesn't even get the win! Cheers, fuckface.

Back
Top Bottom